Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
JspecCrxSiR
1st Gear

turbo integra??

ok guys i want to tubo my integra but i dont how much boost i should go with out blowing the motor i want to push safe boost i need help i have this in my car

Venom intake manifold
310cc Rc injectors
obx fuel pressure regulator
holley fuel rail
aem cam gears and pulleys and crank pulley
msd Sci box
blaster 2 coil
2 1/4" pipimg all the way back
copper head gasket
dc headers
Intake
any info will be helpfull

ps i was looking at the kits from ssautochrome are those ok or better just piecing it together my self
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Any turbo products from SSAutochrome are pieces of shit. Do not be fooled! Good thing that you asked this question.

Piecing as kit together does not necessarily mean cheaper. Especially if you want a decent set-up.

You are safe to boost to as high as 8 psi on stock motor, but always always always ........... remember that tuning is the key. There is no other way around it in order to have the safest set-up possible. This is a great thing cuz a "tuned" set-up means optimum HP for that boost setting.

Since tuning is the "key", I highly recommend to get a tunable fuel management system, preferably electronic:

-Uberdata= Free software. Uses a modified chip. Base map and pre-programmed map are available online.... just do a search.

-Hondata= is like Uberdata but not free. More reliable than Uberdata. Depending on what version you get, it allows data logging and la top compatibility.

-AEM EMS= is one of the best. It is a "stand alone" system which means completely replaces the stock ECU. Tech support is great. Base map is available for free. Plug and Play. Lap top ready.

-What not to get--------> FMU.
An FMU is a mechanical fuel pressure regulator that is "boost dependent". It only adds fuel, shit tons of fuel, when boosted. Not a very reliable system at all. You will get an FMU if you buy a Drag or REVHARD kit.

I recommend at least a set 440cc injectors but only get it if you get an electronic fuel management system.

You have some decent initial mods there. Some of those that you have will be replaced by turbo components. Remember one more thing, when it comes to piecing together a kit, brand names do matter. Stick with a reputable one and avoid "short cuts".

Goodluck!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
JspecCrxSiR
1st Gear

oh hell yeah good thing u tole me about the ssautochrome and that info and what do u mean that i wont use some of the parts like what besides the headers and the intake

well a friend of mine made the uberdata ecu for me, i bought the ram horn tubeluar exhuast manifold from "lsd motorsports" a nissan 300zx turbo steel braided line for the oil and a turbo xs rfl Bov and a regular intercooler what else do i need besides the pipeing

what else should i get to strengh the bottem end

i want to do some good shit but i aint rich either cause im doing like 4 projects

95 civic hatch cx d16z6 turbo
89 crx hf zc dohc turbo
88 crx hf d15b2 turbo
94 acura integra ls soon to be turbo

any help is appreciated
Old 11-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

At least a 440cc injectors..... if you buy them new, might as well get 550cc since the price difference is not much. You should also get a Walbro 255 LPH HP fuel pump. What turbo are you gonna use? You'll need an external wastegate if you buy a turbo that is not internally gated...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 11-10-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have a walbro 255lph fuel pump if you need it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
JspecCrxSiR
1st Gear

well i bought the venom fuel pump already i just waiting for it to get here the turbo i got is a te04 brand new i got it for 100.00 it looks like it has a waste gate on it but the manifold doesnt have a waste gate place to put it on so what do i need to do to put one on
Old 11-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

It is internally gated already. No need for an external. TE04 is not a bad turbo for single cam D-series. It is small and will yield you power on the low RPM band for sure. The problem I forsee is finding a turbo manifold for that. TE04 has its own bolt pattern on the flange. You will have to get an adapter. What you need to do now is figure out what manifold you'll be using. Then work from there to ge an adapter. I can refer you a couple of people to get this adapter. Goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #8
Sivik

all your parts you have listed aren't necessary for boost... here's a quick generic list:

Turbo
Turbo Manifold (won't need a header with turbo)
Downpipe
Front Mount Intercooler (though not necessarily needed, it is always recommended so I would get it)
I/C piping
Blow off valve (again not needed, but prevents compressor surge)
External Wastegate if needed
Upgraded injectors (440's at least, much better with 550's)
Upgraded fuel pump (255 lhp works great)
Steel braided line for oil feed and water feed if your turbo has it
T joint for oil supply
Steel braided or rubber tube for oil return
Flange for oil return
Hose clamps and silicone hoses for piping
Some sort of tuning (Uber, Chrome, Hondata, AFC Hack)

Also some gauges to monitor engine vitals...

Now as far as brands are concerned, its mostly a preference and price, however in the turbo world (or car world for that matter) you get what you pay for.

I also recommend at least 2.5" exhaust piping.

Hardest part of piecing together your own kit is making sure the piping will line up and the turbo with fit on the manifold, downpipe will clear. You can buy pre-made piping kits but there still might be some custom work involved.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote