::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2001, 10:37 PM   #1
RadRacer1

Windshield Wiper Mods

I recently saw an item up for bid on eBay - they were a lighted version of the windshield wiper nozzel that attaches to the front hood of your car. Very cool looking... well, while at Discount Auto Parts the other day, I was talking with someone who had installed these on his car. He stated that he received a $50 fine from the friendly (cough cough) local police who stated that regardless of color (bad blue lights...baaaad) these were unecessary and illegal modifications that would result in repeated fines if he had them illuminated.

Anyone experience similar situations? Granted, I am sure it differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but I thought that was ridiculous.

-RadRacer1
Old 08-17-2001, 10:42 PM   #2
delsol

I have heard similar instances, although none first hand. I had also considered purchasing these, but don't know if it's worth the hassle...
Old 08-28-2001, 12:10 PM   #3
HondaBrain

Similar Experience!

I had a similar experience. Several months ago I purchased a blue neon and installed it on my honda. Not too long after that I was pulled over, actually twice in one night and was told that they were illegal. The one officer stated that any blue or red lights were illegal and the sheriff stated that any color neon lights were illegal. After that I had asked a Sheriff that I saw in a store one time about them... He told me that and I quote "As long as they are not revolving or have a strobe effect then there were fine". So with that I turn them on sometimes and off sometimes. You can actually wire them to be able to control them from inside your car if you want. If you don't know how, let me know!
Old 08-31-2001, 11:02 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, i just talked to a cop tonight about neons and such, blue and red are definite no's, and as long as the bulbs cant be seen, then its legal, green or purpl or something are ok as long as the bulb isnt showing. the nozzles, if they are illigal then the cops around ehre dont care cause everyone has a set of them, more common than altezzas around here.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 04:44 AM   #5
MrCLoWnY

IM SORRY AND EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE BUT I THINK COPS ARE DICKHEADS. ONE TIME I GOT PULLED OVER AND THE COP GAVE ME A TICKET FOR HAVING A ROSARY HANGING FROM MY REAR VIEW MIRROR. A ROSARY!!! HE STATED THAT IT OBSTRUCTED MY VIEW. aINT THAT A BITCH. U GUYS REMEMBER THAT OLD SONG BY NWA??? fuck THE poLICE. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:33 PM   #6
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Some cops are definately assholes. A F*cking rosary. I guess he didn't have anything better to give you a ticket for.
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 04:59 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, a few cops pulled me over and they liked my car so they let me off, one said he was going to pull me over for tint check (its 14%) and didnt cause his kids friend is in my car club or something like that. some cops are nice some arnt, but its just like everything else, dont be ignorant and sterioptype all of them. some break up parties but dont arrest anyone, remember its there job to give tickets and shit, if they dont they get fired and loose there job.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 05:33 PM   #8
MrCLoWnY

I just don't like it when they lift my shirt and look for tatttoos and ask me where im from n shit. Like Im a G. SHooT. im a CLoWn officeer really i am. hahahha. I Still don't like em.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:51 AM   #9
azn_nite_ryder

hmmm thats messed.. the neon arent used as a visual aid so i dont see why they are an offence..... i can see why they go crazy when they see blue or red.... but stilll.... stoopid po-po... well whatever it may be.... people around here dont get nothing for the nozzles.....
my personal opinion is that we should have any lights at all on the car.... shave them all off....
Old 09-04-2001, 09:32 AM   #10
jweller

You could just wire them to work like blinkers. you probably wouldn't get any grief that way.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:24 PM   #11
hondafetish

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
well, a few cops pulled me over and they liked my car so they let me off,
I was pulled over in my wife's 92 Civic a couple of years ago just because he liked the car. So here I am, sitting on the side of the road answering his stupid questions about the car, and he didn't even turn off his roof lights!! Then, he figured he'd check my license and insurance because I had them out in the first place. Prick.

I think we need a forum just to ***** about our stupid run-ins with the cops!
Old 09-11-2001, 07:43 AM   #12
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

All that would do is draw negative attention to the site. We don't want to be known as negative or against certain people. Yes, some cops do pick on import drivers because of whatever reason. But what if I cop came to this site to check it out and found us always bashing them then they will take it personally and mess with us even more. Just my .02
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 02:04 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Your best bet would be go to the police station and ask to see how the violation is stated in the book, or ask the police officer when you get pulled over to see what it says they have to show it to you. (Ive heard that anyway)
Old 09-14-2001, 09:34 PM   #14
94SiSQO

i also got pulled over once for no reason. they followed me for about 5 mins. i was 2 blocks from home on the way home. they eventually turn on their siren and puled me over. they ask if i have a licence.. duh... obviously so i gave it to em.. took it back to their car (obviously found nothing since i have no record of any wrongdoings...)

then they came back to my car, gave me a "random" breath test and i had NO alcohol that nite. then he asked me where i was going. i said home, i'm 2 blocks away. then i asked why the hell he pulled me over. he said i looked suspicious because i looked at them and looked away and thats reason enough to pull me over. i mean what am i supposed to do? stare at their ugly asses?? i just saw at the corner of my eye that someone was lookin over so i looked back to see whats up.. it was the copper lookin over..

then he shined his torch into my back seats and under to see if i was hiding anything.. then he just looked around the inside of my car, checking out the prelude 94 dash.. and asking what this was, what that was.. what those things on my dash were (all my figurines and a set of disco neon lights).

it was a quiet nite, so i guess sometimes coppers got nothing better to do. a van of coppers passed by when this happened, stopped next to my car, and asked the cop who was asking me all the stupid questions "u need any help there?".. ****en dicks so bored or something.

can i file a complaint for doing that??
Old 09-14-2001, 10:34 PM   #15
MrCLoWnY

KNow that you can always ask the officer for his name and his badge number. You can always file a complaint to your local police department. Just write a letter and state the problem. OF course it should be done in a professional matter. A Cop cannot legally search your car unless you give him permission or he has probable cause. In the Officer's denfense probable cause can used in most of the cases. So the letter will probably not prompt to any immediate resolution but you do get the satisfaction that you did something about it. ANd if your lucky you might even get a letter. Peace. KNow that we have RIGHTS even the PIgs cant take away. hehehehehe Sorry i just hate them so much. When i call them for help they come an hour later. When they come lookin for me they come in seconds. WTF is that all about SHiEt.