::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Spitz

Shocks

I was just wondering what shock does everyone here use with their gc coilovers, and how hard was it to install the shocks/gc's and how long. THanks
Old 05-10-2003, 08:16 PM   #2
keystone

Koni yellows with gc seem to be one of the hot setups.... this is what I am considering if I dont sell my car
Old 05-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

koni yellows on H&R sports

install is pretty simple and very straight-forward. Have a decent manual on hand and you'll be fine
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Spitz

would you guys recommend using springs or coilovers and if you say springs which ones.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
nonovurbizniz

if your concerned with cost go with eibach pro-kit springs... they're the best hands down...

If you want coilovers (unless you race and dial in your suspension to EACH and EVERY track then it's pointless... unless you just want to set you ride hight to EXACTLY what you want (then it's just wastefull not pointless)).

The problem is for the benifits of coilovers you need to spend BIG money... otherwise you end up paying the same or more for something FAR inferior to eibach progressive rate springs...

So if your more concerned with looks then get cheap coilovers like GC's
If your more concerned with performance get the eibachs..

If you feel you NEED both then get some EXPENSIVE coilovers... like tiens or the like.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:22 PM   #6
slowEJ6

eibach pro-kit is too soft, imo. and for the price, hell no. id rather pick up a set of H&R/Neuspeed Sports.
GC's and koni yellows are a nice combo, many people use them. as to using GC's w/ konis - i dont see how its wasteful. you can raise/lower your car whenever its necessary and to the height you want - but you arent spending $1200 for something race-prepped - even though the GC's w/ konis work just fine on the autoX course.

anyway......if you get the h&r/neuspeed springs with the yellows you can lower your car to about 2.5" total......so if thats enough for you, go for it.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

they're only soft while your driving around slow... once you load them in a corner or with speed they lock down tite yo!

and as far as GC's... I've never ridin on them so I can't judge them but... I can't imagine they're all that great... it would take a REALLY good spring/strut combo to out do my stock setup and it has 151k miles on it.

I'm just worried that I'm gunna get GC's and end up with my car sitting where I want it at a stop but not in the middle of a corner where it really counts.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i have the koni yellow and the gc combo. i had the prokits and the gc's are far better than the prokits in handling and comfort.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote