Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Shot peening (sp?)

since i wanna turbo my car i need stronger rods ( i wanna go over 10PSI) and since no one seems to make them for the f22 i was wondering how much stronger they will become ? will i be able to boost 14-15 PSI on them without the risk of blowing them up ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

15psi will be very risky bro. You have got to have a well tuned "stand alone" to go with bigger injectors, high volume fuel pump, and an MSD 6BTM (unless the stand alone can retard the timing). I would also suggest an upgrade on your head gasket. What happened to H22A turbo? Are you just gonna stay F22 turbo?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:19 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, screw vtec, screw dohc. i wanna be original (at least in the honda world )

Old 11-30-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
AzCivic

SMART THINKING!!!!!!

hmmm, you sure crower doesnt make them?

edit: they dont list them on theyre site but I swear a friend of mine called them and they said they had them for an f23 which should be the same as f22 rods. so call them!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
SMART THINKING!!!!!!

hmmm, you sure crower doesnt make them?

edit: they dont list them on theyre site but I swear a friend of mine called them and they said they had them for an f23 which should be the same as f22 rods. so call them!

they won't fit. i looked over the honda repair manuals and the specs are quite differentfor the 2 rods. the pin bores for the rods are within 1mm of each other, and the crank bores are 51mm for the f22 and 48mm for the f23. i don't need any rods that won't really fit.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

I would still call them. I'm sure one of these companies have a set for your F22. Daym, I'm excited for you bro! Also, check out www.streetrays.com and PM the site owner username: streetrays. His name is Willie and he knows me. He has an F22 turbo. Just tell him I referred you to him. He knows his F22 turbo pretty well. Goodluck bro!!!!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i will talk to aem tomorrow. i think you can upload your own maps on their ECU's(and they are standalones), plus you can retard the timig with them.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:30 AM   #8
hooohaa2

Not to discourage you from finding some nice rods, I just wanted to answer the original question about shotpeening rods, since someone is bound to search for it sooner or later.

Shotpeening rods strengthens them by hardening their outer surface. This gives stress risers less of an opportunity to form, basically it makes the rods less likely to break/snap.

This would be helpful if you had strong stock rods, and you wanted to safeguard even more against breakage, but in your case it would probably be better to get beefier-than-stock rods. (shotpeening helps, but not that much).
Old 12-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
heh, i will talk to aem tomorrow. i think you can upload your own maps on their ECU's(and they are standalones), plus you can retard the timig with them.

correct. it's just too much money to shell out on my case. i've hondatas pull some great numbers. i havent had any real experience with it. but when time comes, i will have a minimum of hondata. i even thought about getting the GReddy e-manage combined with GReddy e-o1 which should eliminate the use of laptop. the only problem i see is that, not many tuners here in my area can tune this focker. AEM-EMS is hands down one of the best tho!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum