::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2002, 09:38 AM   #1
Integrity

Killed an Eclipse and died to a BMW this weekend

This being my first post on this board I first like to say "whats up" to all the members here. You guys have got a great board and you all seem really chilled and laid back here.

As for the kill:

I drove all the way out to 75-80 dragway on friday just to find out that even though the track is open for the season, Friday night Test and Tune does not start till next month. (Doh!). So I'm cruising back home following my girlfriend. And she starts toying with the Eclispe. She's got a 99 Neon with some bolt ons. I'm watching the Eclipse and trying to see if it had a turbo or not. It had some exterior mods, including shaved emblems, so I couldn't tell right away. So the Eclipse and the Neon go at it and my girlfriend can't keep up with him so I figure its a GS-T. The whole time she's messing with him I'm right behind her. We are on a 3 lane highway in the far right lane. The Eclipse, who was in the far left and had to slow down because of some traffic, whips around the car in front of him and is coming up on us quick. I decide its time for me to play. I downshift to 3rd, pull into the middle lane, and wait for him to pass. As he's passing me I floor it. He gets about a car on me before I start to reel him in. When I shut down I had put alot of distance between us, to far to count with car lengths.

As for the death:

I was on my way to work Saturday when I came up behind an E-46 M3. I was admiring it when the driver gives me a thumbs up in his rear view. As I'm returning the thumbs up, he takes off! I was really surprised cause most M3 owners are older and don't street race like this. So I downshift and do my best to keep up. Never really having a chance, but it was fun. He gets to his exit, slows down, and waits to give me another thumbs up. I return it again and head to work.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice kills, and the m3's ??? they are sweet ass cars, not as sweet as the m5

hey wassup with the e-46 m3 ? What those e-number stand for ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
Matrix

e46 designates the current 333hp platforms, while e36 signifies the previous generation 240hp model.

Good kill on the Eclipse. Believe it or not, I've never raced one. I have heard, however, that the turbo variants' highway performance is at same level as a Type-R's, although I am sure the DSM turbo would have the advantage from a stop.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:01 PM   #4
toykilla

Nice Kill, race me!! =]
Old 04-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
girlzgotcarz

good kill and a noble death too
Old 04-02-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
Integrity

Matrix...

I can handle GST's from a stop. Without an LSD, the Eclipse has a harder time getting going. The GSX will eat me off the line, but I'll catch it before the end of a 1/4 mile. This is assuming they are stock turbos running stock boost.

Toykilla...

I'll give you a run, let me know when you are going to be up in my area.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #7
girlzgotcarz

what is your 1/4 mile time, and what do you have at the wheels?
Old 04-02-2002, 03:17 PM   #8
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Integrity

Toykilla...

I'll give you a run, let me know when you are going to be up in my area.

Awesome, where exactly in MD are ya? Ive been dying to race a type R in my GS eclipse. I should let you know, I am a bit faster than the average GS-T. Ya got NOS or Turbo/Supercharger?? I hope so.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:22 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill, and nice loss too

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Nice story dude!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 10:01 PM   #11
Integrity

Well Toykilla, thats a nice looking Turbo you've got in your GS. If its of the 16G variety I think I may still be able to run with you. If its bigger than that, or you're running some insane amount of boost I think not. I'm still N/A over here. My 1/4 times are poor cause I don't get traction but my trap speeds are decent.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #12
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Integrity
Well Toykilla, thats a nice looking Turbo you've got in your GS. If its of the 16G variety I think I may still be able to run with you. If its bigger than that, or you're running some insane amount of boost I think not. I'm still N/A over here. My 1/4 times are poor cause I don't get traction but my trap speeds are decent.

Thanks man, Its a Super 16G. Although its capable of holding 25psi, I only run 10psi. Rebuild kit has been chillin in my room for 2 months. I have however beaten a new SS Camaro, 2 Audi S4's a couple Honda S2k's and hung with a WS-6 til about 50mph. The new SS Camaro I raced, I was a car ahead til 90mph but I could see it was going to catch me. We ran out of road though so I won.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:24 PM   #13
Integrity

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

Thanks man, Its a Super 16G. Although its capable of holding 25psi, I only run 10psi. Rebuild kit has been chillin in my room for 2 months. I have however beaten a new SS Camaro, 2 Audi S4's a couple Honda S2k's and hung with a WS-6 til about 50mph. The new SS Camaro I raced, I was a car ahead til 90mph but I could see it was going to catch me. We ran out of road though so I won.

SS Camaro? Impressive. Super 16G? Is the exhaust wheel clipped, or do you just have it ported? There are so many variants and names for these turbos there is no way to remember them all. To give you a little info about me, I used to own a 95 GSX. I miss awd launches, but for a daily driver, the Integra is by far better suited to the task. I am, however, in the process of buying a 92 Talon from a friend. The engine is blown, and he only wants $800 bucks for it. It will be my first trailer queen . I know alot about DSM's and I am a strong believer that these cars can easily be made fast, but hard to keep on the road. Your GS may be a little faster than my car. I've been to the track only twice. I'm assamed to say I ran consistant 15's flat. But with a 60' in the 2.6-2.8. I trap at 96mph. Thats a low 14 second car. I just can't prove it yet. (I MISS AWD) Although, on the street, I don't have the traction problems I do at the track. A friendly little race may be worth wild!
Old 04-03-2002, 04:27 PM   #14
toykilla

Im down, a Type R is a Type R. No if, ands or buts about it. They are the only Honda/Acura I would spend my money on. Whether it be Civic or Integra. The older Talon/Eclipse can EASILY be made into an 11 second car. Is the car an AWD that your getting? If so, tell him ill give him $900 for it. Where in MD are you?
Old 04-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #15
HondaTypeJ

Not like is Los Angeles here. We have PERSIANS and they ALL have M3's and M5's. They are so damn cocky.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #16
Integrity

The Talon was a TSI, the AWD version. Unfortunately, when I called him up to tell him I had the money for it he informed me he already sold it. (DOH!) I should have gave him a deposit or something. Anyway, I'm still looking. I live in Baltimore County, I used to go down to Metro alot but the piggies have the place on lock down. Where do you run at? Also I believe Capitol Raceway may be right inbetween us. Let me know.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:12 PM   #17
juvenile

really sweet kills man. props to you!
Old 04-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #18
toykilla

I dont have a license at the moment so I havent run a real race in a long long time. Just street smack downs with cars that dont stand a chance. I will have it back though next week. I wanna go up to I-70. I here they have bad ass races up there. Im looking for TT Supra's to race. The last one I raced I was at 5psi with a blown o2 sensor ( WAY WAY RICH ) and he only beat me by a car length. Now I run 10psi and fuel is perfect. I will kill any TT Supra that doesnt have a boost controller.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:30 PM   #19
Integrity

Let me know when you get your license back. Tommorrow night I'm heading up to Cecil County dragway since 75-80 isn't open yet. I think Cecil would be too far of a hike for you since its atleast an hour for me. The I-70 that you are talking about, thats in MD right? If it is, thats right near me. Let me know next time you plan on coming up.
Old 04-06-2002, 01:38 AM   #20
Integrity

Quick update:

Best E/T - 14.832@96.78mph
Best MPH - 14.971@97.12mph

And I watched a Viper GTS hit the wall at about 70!