::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
OneDopeTeg

denso iridium plugs

does anyone have iridium plugs or know anyone who does....im just wondering what ppl think of them? I just got 4 at a pretty good price and couldnt pass it up.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:56 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I have them and 90% of my friends have them..

Out of all the plugs I've tried, those ones gave me the best result..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I have them. I put them in about 1200 miles ago, and they replaced my Bosch plat +4s. I like them much better, as I was getting a strange hesitation around 2200 RPMs that is now gone... They also seem better all around.

I'm probably going to go make a couple of G-Tech runs this afternoon, and though the thing isn't accurate, its precision is way up there, so I should be able to tell if they helped.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
OneDopeTeg

i cant freekin w8 to try these plugs out!! i know they arent gunna be crazy er anything...but just one more piece to help me complete my puzzle i call a car!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:59 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have them for the slow ass accord, but i did not install them yet. i want to do a tune up on my car, and change the valve cover gaskets b4 i put the gaskets in. Also they will work with a msd 6A ignition.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 09:38 AM   #6
Honda_Gurl

ya i just put in mine last night. i guess we'll see what kind of a difference i get
Old 04-03-2002, 08:38 PM   #7
Incubus

I'm going to be picking some up really soon, along with NGK wires and maybe and MSD ignition kit.

I was reading a dyno article on the plugs a while back and they really only make power on boosted engines, but I'm sure they do make a good difference just in overall performance.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:01 AM   #8
Integra221

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I have them. I put them in about 1200 miles ago, and they replaced my Bosch plat +4s. I like them much better, as I was getting a strange hesitation around 2200 RPMs that is now gone.

I have Bosch Plat +4 in my 93 Teg i have never had a problem with them. 94_Accord_Ex did you have to gap your plat +4 cause when i bought mine the guy told me that they were pre-gapped and i did'nt have to gap them. I have never heard of that before. I was just wondering whether you had to gap yours or not.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra221

I have Bosch Plat +4 in my 93 Teg i have never had a problem with them. 94_Accord_Ex did you have to gap your plat +4 cause when i bought mine the guy told me that they were pre-gapped and i did'nt have to gap them. I have never heard of that before. I was just wondering whether you had to gap yours or not.

Integra221, yes, the plugs were gapped perfectly. They just aren't built for our japanese engines. Do a search of the site, and you'll find quite a few discussions about them. I'm not saying you can't have good results with them though... if you like them and they're working for you, stick with them. I'd rather have even the stock NGKs though.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 12:42 PM   #10
Integra221

Yeah ive never really had a problem with them but i have only had them for 3 mounths.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:03 AM   #11
toykilla

Re: denso iridium plugs

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
does anyone have iridium plugs or know anyone who does....im just wondering what ppl think of them? I just got 4 at a pretty good price and couldnt pass it up.

I had the NGK iridiums. I wasnt impressed. Wasnt worth the extra cash.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:04 AM   #12
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus
I'm going to be picking some up really soon, along with NGK wires and maybe and MSD ignition kit.

I was reading a dyno article on the plugs a while back and they really only make power on boosted engines, but I'm sure they do make a good difference just in overall performance.

MSD has the best wires on the market and not to mention the cheapest.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:05 AM   #13
Incubus

I just put some NGK platinum plugs and NGK wires and I'm pretty happy.....I definitely noticed an increase in power, but most of that increase in power was probably just from putting fresh plugs/wires in and taking the old ones out.