::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2003, 10:52 AM   #1
Kulpy12

speaker grill coverings

ok, thank you accord man for answering my last post, i'm glad someone could shed some light. I have another problem though.
I've recently tried to remove the grill covers on my speakers, but they don't come off. I found out that the front speakers are attatched to the whole door panel, and i have no clue on how to take the door panel off, or if i even should. I succeeded in popping off about half of the door panel but i can't seem to get it off from the window area. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
travismitchell

take the window roller down thing off (there's a pin underneith) and all the swrews off and it just pops right off.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:07 AM   #3
phathonda

yeah man its that easy. Trust me, I didn't have a clue what I was doing the first time I took my panels off, and it came off so easy. But when it's on, it's rock solid. But rool down your window before you begin.

Just remove the screws, they're scattered around the door in handles, on the sides, in parts that are covered when the door's closed ... just look around. save the caps and stuff that go over the screws. Then just rip it off cause there's little plastic things that hold the door on even after the screws are removed. They won't break if you rip it off. Then after it's all ripped off, pull it up and off.

Of coarse, the seat belt will hold it on somewhat, but it'll open up the interior of the door enough to work around it and stuff. Then when you're ready to reinstall it, just kick it back on (to get the plastic things set), and replace the screws. Ta-da, done.

For real, it was more difficult to add some new cloth to the speaker grill on the door than it was to take the panel off, even though both tasks were rediculously easy. Everything on my car is easy to remove except for the dashboard and stuff, but isn't too hard when you know what you're doing.