::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Damaclese

Quaility Question

I found 2 sets of wheels that I want, but I'm not sure if the less expensive ones are very good.

I found these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33748 and then I found some Tenzo R's that are a lot more.

But my question is, if I get the ebay ones, will I be buying a crappy set of wheels that won't last long? And on the Tenzo's, am I just buying the name? Cause getting the Tenzos and then buying tires is a lot of money for my broke ass and the ebay one's are a good deal to me. I plan on getting my wheels soon but I don't know what to get. What do you guys think?
Old 02-12-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
a96710

I'd be careful with ebay no-name/unknown wheels.
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
RU_Teg

I agree wit Jason...wouldn't trust those no name brand rims on ebay..
Old 02-12-2003, 10:15 PM   #4
96coupe

i wouldn't trust no name wheels either. i don't know anyone who runs on tenzo's so i got no advice for those. if i were you and didn't want to spend top $ on the tenzo's, although you don't mention the price, i would find name brand wheels in between the two prices. that way you know they are quality, and won't put as big of a dent in your pocket. the downside is for the most part the cheaper the wheel the heavier the wheel. thats why i like the rotas, cheap + lightweight. but i'd really need to know which model and price are the tenzo's to give you a better opinion.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:39 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I can tell you right now.. If your thinking of putting a +2 inch drop on, you better make sure you know they offset. Because youll be sorry if you dont. Your wheels will rub like mad. I wouldnt go with a no name wheel. You never know what kinda finish quality, etc. youll get.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
Damaclese

Quote:
Originally posted by 96coupe
But i'd really need to know which model and price are the tenzo's to give you a better opinion.

They're Tenzo-R Passion 5 rims at this site: http://www.streetstyler.com/TenzoPassionWheels.htm

including shipping they'll be about $760 and then another $400 for tires.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Damaclese

I've never done anything when it comes to getting wheels, so I'm not if some of the brands that I've thought about getting are good. I founda a site (http://speedandstyle.com) that have wheels on sale and I'm wondering if any of the brands are any good? The brands I saw that had wheels that I'd want are Rev and RS-Racing. Anybody had any experience with these brands or know of their quality?