::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
Hyjnx da Civic

B16A-2 on top of an existing tranny...

www.JDMHondaParts.com says they sell the Long Blocks...

"• Longblocks are head & block assemblies only. Imagine a complete engine minus the transmission and axles - that is what a long block is. Everything minus the transmission "

so if i took out my head and block, and left me existing tranny (an automatic) would it still bolt up and work fine ? and does that mean i get the ECU and Sensors and all that as well ?

Basically has anyone delt with this site ? or do they know any other sites that could help me solve my problems ??
Old 07-08-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
blownteggy

no. completely different setup. also you would only recieve the listed parts no ecu. if i'm correct, the b16a2 ecu is a 99-00 si ecu. it's obd 2, not a responsive to mods as an obd 1 ecu
Old 07-08-2002, 11:54 AM   #3
BLu3xCiViC

it won't bolt-in (assuming ur car has a d-series engine).....u need an automatic b-series tranny.....an automatic ecu (gsr or sir).....a shift module which needs to be wired (if the b-series tranny is electronically controlled)....and of course the axles (automatic intermiadiate shaft).....engine harness from an automatic gsr or sir.....peace
Old 07-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #4
blownteggy

so such thing as an automatic gsr
Old 07-08-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
BLu3xCiViC

obd 1 ecu....may i add
Old 07-08-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
BLu3xCiViC

uh.....some of the gsr sedans came with an automatic tranny...dunno about the 2 doorz though
Old 07-08-2002, 04:46 PM   #7
Hyjnx da Civic

Whoa, i got info out the butt now...um any ideas of soem sites that would have this ? and Ive seen a site "http://www.trinituner.com/shop/manual.htm" where he does exactly what im considering. That doesnt make the tranny swap sound that hard....i mean if i follow that or anything else would it be easy ...that config on that site seems pretty simple and inexpensive... so now im thinkin bout tranny swap...help with that too ?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:00 PM   #8
blownteggy

wrong again buddy no such thing as an auto gsr
Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #9
Hyjnx da Civic

Acctually ur wrong...in 1996 they made an Automatic GSR 4-dr sedan... http://www.edmunds.com/used/1996/acu...tml?id=lin0066 shows it... sorry...i dont know, im acctually starting to think of swaping the tranny...how much would that cost and what would i need ? im going to look for the parts that u told me that i needed for the Auto drop...but still tell me what i would need to swap in a manual tranny
Old 07-08-2002, 09:53 PM   #10
blownteggy

hyjnx my buddy. trust me on this one ok.
THEY NEVER MADE AN AUTO GSR!
the link just shows the fuel data for an auto integ and manual integ. take it from an integra owner. they never made a auto gsr.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:22 PM   #11
Hyjnx da Civic

OK so forget the Auto tranny...what would i have to do to make it a manual ?
Old 07-08-2002, 11:26 PM   #12
BLu3xCiViC

okay maybe if i am mistakend...they did make a b18c gsr equavalent automatic transmission maybe only in the japanese market (same way with the sir) the automatic y20 tranny was made for the automatic b18c vtec engine which had some type of shift management technology i think they called it "smart" automatic, it sensed down shift and shiet like that....so you could always get an automatic jdm gsr equavalent ecu....blownteggy maybe i got my information wrong thanks for clearing my mistake (if any) so others can read this and have the right info......i'm sure of a jdm automatic b18c tranny but not of the usdm version....peace
Old 07-09-2002, 12:24 AM   #13
blownteggy

blu and hyjnx: i hope i didn't sound like a big meanie. anyways back to the topic or next discussion.
auto to manual is a little more complicated. i have dealt with cars that have had this conversion done. my 2 cents, sell your car for a stick shift model!!
here ya go
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/5g...to-manual.html
Old 07-10-2002, 04:25 PM   #14
Hyjnx da Civic

See i dont control the money or the insurance so i cant sell it, and i dont really want to give up that easily on this car, i think i can make it really nice, ijust need time and money, so if i keep with the automatic and get those other parts (any websites of where i could find them ??) would it be more cost affective then switching to the manual ?

oh and i saw that site and it didnt seem to be that hard to switch it over although i could be wrong
Old 07-10-2002, 05:09 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

what about a LS tranny? its a b18....

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 08:13 PM   #16
blownteggy

the ls tranny is a piece of crap. i should know since i had one. the gears are way too long.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:03 PM   #17
Hyjnx da Civic

is that really a problem though ? i just need something that will work, doesnt ahve to be affective eventually this car will be totally done over, but i want something that would work....

blown - u heard of something called revesre valve bodys ? it makes it so the automatic is some sort of a manual without the clutch...i know they have them on old american track cars, like B&M makes them and all that stuff...but im lookin for them for my honda, someone told me that HKS made them but i couldnt find it...if u know what im talkin bout please PM me with some INFO...this opened my ear alil more, and i am really interested in this idea...
Old 07-11-2002, 12:20 AM   #18
blownteggy

the valve body holds the gears throug first and second. i've only seen these in high performance v8's that hit 10's and are daily driven. i think a n auto dodge neon that hits 10's is using a valve body. it's an automatic. heere's a new i dea i thought of just like 10 minutes ago. there a 97-98 preludes that are auto. get a h22 with a auto tranny. 200 hp in a auto civic sounds nice.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:13 AM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

turst me, the SS auto trannys are crap. not the best design honda ever had. you may wana just convert to 5 spd.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:44 PM   #20
Hyjnx da Civic

ya, besides the H22 would weigh down the front of my car...and totally kill it. so i mean dont the new ludes have the automatic shifters ?...i thought i saw one
Old 07-12-2002, 12:25 AM   #21
blownteggy

they have the manu-matic shifter things
Old 07-12-2002, 10:32 PM   #22
Hyjnx da Civic

ya houw bout that ? or would i have to drop the H22's in there to make it work right ?
Old 07-13-2002, 02:31 PM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

trust me, if your getting a h22, convert it to 5spd. any swap you do, you should try and convert it, the auto tranny will cost you more.

Old 07-13-2002, 09:00 PM   #24
Hyjnx da Civic

ya ur right
Old 07-15-2002, 12:00 PM   #25
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyjnx da Civic
ya, besides the H22 would weigh down the front of my car...and totally kill it. so i mean dont the new ludes have the automatic shifters ?...i thought i saw one
the h22 would weigh down the front of your car and totally kill it? no....it wouldnt.

5spd conversion is what you need.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote