::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
tightteg52

Exclamation Need some help!!!

ok hybrid people i need solme advice what do i do???

Keep 94 integra and swap to 5-spee with a new engine (advice) or fix 79 bird the teg would cost more in the long run but i think it might be more benefical! im not really sure which road to take and buyin a new car is 100% out of the picture os any advice is needed if i do swap with te gim thinkin one of a few things

b18B same engine as now and get boost and crank it up (probally not)

b18C gsr engine do i/h/e v-afc and be happy

h22a1-will it fit would love to but not sure if possible-do i/h/e-v-afc and be happy!! what do you guys reccomend into a 94 integra?
Old 01-27-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
tightteg52

one more question if i decide not to swap with 1500 dollars would i be able to swap to 5 speed put on i/e/ upgrade speakers and put some money aside for a rebuild for future boost?
Old 01-27-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

if i were you i would fix the firebird. it's soon to be a classic, and nothing can compare with pure american muscle. I mean the have torgue, and stay on the road better than hondas. And btw the aftermarket support for that car is huge.

If u decide to keep the teg rebuild and turbo it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

What kind of condition is the firebird in. What does it need done before it will drive well (not mods)?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
What kind of condition is the firebird in. What does it need done before it will drive well (not mods)?

Nothing but a new engine! only thing is it lacks some of the comforts of my teg . power windows power door locks the ac/heater is not up to par paint has some problems interior needs some work i just dont know i look at it and see what it could be then realize what it IS!

it's just so frustrating cause for the cost of the engine and install on the bird i could probally switch the teg to 5-speed get i/e save up the rest for pistons,rods,thicker head gasket and a turbo kit but thats ALOT of work either way im lookin at a lot of work but with the bird i wont have car payments and can save up money for a car in the future like a ss maro or somthing of that nature but *** all this car crap is starting to confuse me!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

me wanna

Old 01-28-2002, 06:50 PM   #6
slowEJ6

well you dont want either of the cars forever, you said yourself you want something else in a while. so if the FB is cheaper to keep, go with that. no car payments? a plus since you can save that money for yourself. id get rid of the teg if i were you.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:59 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you are getting another car anyway, don't keep paying on the Teg when you don't have to. Spend the minimum you have to on the bird and just drive that until you can get your camero.

Old 01-28-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
tightteg52

Quote:
If you are getting another car anyway, don't keep paying on the Teg when you don't have to. Spend the minimum you have to on the bird and just drive that until you can get your camero.

well we have a new contender in the arena Make teg a show car!!!! i figure why not? its got a good looking body with 1200 i could get a good audio start but i will probaly fix the bird a small sacrifice with out the power stuff to get a REAL car in the future im also considering the latest gen Accord i think its 5th but im not sure. I think they are pretty sweet you know a phat looking ride wtih Honda reliability. And i am going into the car audio business so that would be a great show car. so it seems like i will get a new deck for the bird G O D i hope they have a wiring harness for it and replace the back 6x9's and jus ttake it as is tell i can get a new car what do you guys say to that? hell i might just take a cheaper engine or rebuild the old one that way i already have money set a side! hmmm things are starting to look up now!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #9
tightteg52

Well after some quick research its gonna be between an Accord ex v-6 ( AUTO) or a acura cl type-s in 5 sped i heard that the manuals are coming this year!! so depending on how much i save up thats what i will do for a future car a build it to a show car and get a go car when im well settled in the future like a 5 years down the road or more but hell the cl has some get 260 hp and beautiful interior!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:33 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sounds good. I probably wouldn't make the Teg a show car... too much money down the drain + payments.

The latest Accord is the 6th Gen FYI. I guess the 7th gen will come out late this year. The 6th gen would make a nice car, but if I was going to buy a new car, I'd get something faster and with more potential.

Old 01-29-2002, 07:21 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Sounds good. I probably wouldn't make the Teg a show car... too much money down the drain + payments.

The latest Accord is the 6th Gen FYI. I guess the 7th gen will come out late this year. The 6th gen would make a nice car, but if I was going to buy a new car, I'd get something faster and with more potential.

Maybe he prefers Accords . A V6 accord is not so unpowered like the 4 bangers 200hp with 196 ft/lbs of torque. Maybe the 7th gen will compete with maxima's and altimas. Also i heard from a friend of mine who's friend works for honda that a new accords will get h22a (yes the prelude engine so no more swaps)

Old 01-29-2002, 11:25 AM   #12
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

Maybe he prefers Accords . A V6 accord is not so unpowered like the 4 bangers 200hp with 196 ft/lbs of torque. Maybe the 7th gen will compete with maxima's and altimas. Also i heard from a friend of mine who's friend works for honda that a new accords will get h22a (yes the prelude engine so no more swaps)

that would be sweet but if i do get a 6th gen accord it wouldn't be for speed it would be a dily driven show car with a few tricks hidden up its sleeve **cough** turbo **cough** ** cough** Nitrous** but i wouldn't know if i should get the v6 or the ex 5 speed?? well maybe the 7th gen will have a powerful 5 SPEED but who knows
Old 01-29-2002, 11:51 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

well maybe the 7th gen will have a powerful 5 SPEED but who knows

Honda ans Subaru in their infinite stupidity don't put a 5 speed on a V6. Hopefully Honda will get smarter this year.

As for turbo and nitrous they are not real mods. Stickers are they add hp seriously

Old 01-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #14
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

Honda ans Subaru in their infinite stupidity don't put a 5 speed on a V6. Hopefully Honda will get smarter this year.

As for turbo and nitrous they are not real mods. Stickers are they add hp seriously

well then instead of you getting eibach springs get the stickers and if you get subaru stickers you will have the beauty of 4wd and put impreza or 1.8t (from audi) you have instant turbo see there your rally problems are fixed!!!! but seriously i would consinder a v6 7th gen if its 5 speed but thats the only way i would get a accord oh and it cant be fugly like the new civics or he preludes ooops they killed the almighty lude!
Old 02-03-2002, 12:51 AM   #15
OneDopeTeg

I say w8 til the end of the year and get into a Mitsu Lancer Evolution VII now we talkin
Old 02-03-2002, 12:57 AM   #16
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
I say w8 til the end of the year and get into a Mitsu Lancer Evolution VII now we talkin

can not afford would LOVE one but too much green for me!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 01:02 AM   #17
OneDopeTeg

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

can not afford would LOVE one but too much green for me!!!

Ok then get the next best thing....Subie Imprezza WRX
Old 02-16-2002, 01:22 AM   #18
tightteg52

Well its offical im keeping the teg 5 speed so to be done cant wait did my other post go up i dont see it?