::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2002, 08:45 AM   #1
ced_jr10

which engine for my crx?

hello everybody. i'm creatin' a car as kind of an advertisement for the power of my tuning garage. the exterior is pretty out of this world already. which motor could i put into my crx (with some fabrication of course) that will give me the most power? thanks for any help, and i'll be sure to show you guys the end result when it's all done. I'm postin' the whole project on my website, but it currently isn't up yet. I'm going to wait til' the car is done. Hopefully it'll attract some business.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
Integra221

Well it all starts with what your willing to spend. Almost anyone will tell you to get a ITR b18c5 motor if moneys not an issue, but thats a good 5000-5500 dollars. Not including labor unless you are going to do it your self. The next would probely be the H22a, which would be a great choice but a lot more labor to get it to fit. Also you would have to have some real nice suspension in order to get rid of the understeer cause by the weight of the h22a motor. Then theres the infamous b18c1 and b16a. The b18c1 is a great choice but its really all about the money. If you want to spend as little as possible then go with the b16a for 2000 dollars less. And then you can use that 2 grand to build up your b16, and make it a little faster than a gsr motor. If you are trying to make your shop look good then go with the Type R motor
Old 04-10-2002, 12:56 PM   #3
ced_jr10

money isn't too much of an issue. i'm really wanting to display my garages abilities. i'd like the most power output as possible. i want something a little more than the b16/18 as i already have a car with one, and i want to try something different. i've thought about the h22 but i never really decided. we could manage the fabrication and the cost. it's all about the power. thanks for the reasonable choices.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
blownteggy

if you've already done the whole b16/18 thing i would suggest h22 also....or frankenstein h22/23, it's very similar to the ls/vtec
Old 04-10-2002, 03:35 PM   #5
slowEJ6

go with a crvtec turbo setup.....its hard to make them outstandingly reliable, but they put down A LOT of power when done right, plus youd get a lot more props from making a hardcore crvtec setup then just swapping in an H22A. my thoughts of course.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:50 AM   #6
Integra221

Have you already done a Type-R swap. If not you could build up and all motor ITR motor.

CRVTEC or LSVTEC would be another good choice lots of work though.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:57 AM   #7
ced_jr10

no, i haven't done a type-r swap yet. are there some japanese-spec issues i should be concerned with if i should perform a swap like that? i'm lookin' for all power. the crvtec is a good idea. if i don't find any info on the type-r, i think i'm gonna look into that.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
Integra221

Theres not much to be concerned about with a Type-R motor chances are you will get the USDM spec type-r its a great engine and you will probely run high 13's to low 14s with just the stock motor. I know there is a kid around my way who worked at a motor swap place and he had a crx with a type-r motor that ran a 12.9 when i was at the track. And this was on street tires. You could build up the ITR motor very well with some JUN cam shafts and JUN cam gears. Maybe some higher compression pistons and you would hit consistent mid - low 13's. The type r swap would be much more reliable than the crvtec setup.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #9
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra221
The type r swap would be much more reliable than the crvtec setup.
that is very true.
if you want to go all motor - use the b18c5
if you want to go turbo & want the challenge of trying to make something reliable - go crvtec
if you want to try something new - go Vortech/B18C1 buildup.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:42 PM   #10
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
if you want to try something new - go Vortech/B18C1 buildup.

that's nice setup...too bad there not street legal in cali.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:28 PM   #11
slowEJ6

why not
Old 04-16-2002, 04:59 PM   #12
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
why not

EMMISIONS
FRIGGIN CALIFORNIA AIR AND RESOURCES BOARD...I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 05:27 PM   #13
slowEJ6

hahaha....damn man that sucks
Old 04-16-2002, 05:52 PM   #14
OneDopeTeg

Quote:
Originally posted by blownteggy

EMMISIONS
FRIGGIN CALIFORNIA AIR AND RESOURCES BOARD...I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!

the vortech kit is legal in cali! i dont know if the aftercooler makes that much hp but the dyno's i have seen on the vortech GSR kit make less hp than the same kit on the B16A....the GSR was minus the aftercooler tho....but the manifolds may have a bit to do with it as well throw an edelbrock victor x intake mani on that vortech aftercooled GSR and i bet you've got sumthin....but i think that because you would relocate the TB you would need the B16A vortech kit so the plumbing would match up? im thinkin bout the B16A kit for my B18C5
Old 04-17-2002, 06:43 AM   #15
slowEJ6

venom manifold would be nicer
Old 04-17-2002, 01:53 PM   #16
blownteggy

last i checked there was no carb eo #