::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2002, 11:53 AM   #1
razor

Problem I have

I don't know what is causing this problem but here it goes. Sometimes after I have parked my car and come back to it after a few minutes or even hours the car starts to rev up after starting it up, I don't know what can be causing this.

Another problem I have is when my car is cold, usually first thing in the morning and I try to drive it it has a jerking motion when I put it on drive, I'm afraid this might be causing some damage, the problem is that when I drive it to the garage it doesn't do it because the car is warm.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

tHanks guys

RaZor
Old 06-17-2002, 12:28 PM   #2
blownteggy

warm the car up a little
Old 06-18-2002, 04:42 AM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

About the revs:

The car automatically revs higher until warm. It's designed that way and nothing is wrong. Once it gets to a good temperature, the revs will go down by themselves. It's a function designed to thin the oil after startup.

As for your other problem:

I'm not an expert on automatic trannies. However with manuals, getting the car into gear when cold can be a problem. It's just the way it is. To remedy it, I usually put it in gear the other way (forward <-> reverse) and let the clutch out just a little. It's then really easy to put the car in gear.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

i agree do that and also when i start pu my car i always go into every gear before i move it in case its really coldand the gears are loosended up and when u first drive it in the morning drive it very soft but dont go out and redline every gear when u first drive it with a manual then that will kill ur transmission and just take it slwo the frist trip out but then after a long trip car should be warm and u can drive it normally just a suggestion
Old 07-10-2002, 09:37 AM   #5
Integra221

It is perfectly normal for the car to idle at around 1500rpms when it is cold out but if it is reving like moving up and down not just chilling at one spot and slowly droping down then you may have a problem with your alternator.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:17 PM   #6
richmclaren

When you say "car starts to rev up after starting," do you mean erratically, like jumping up and down? Also, is your "check engine" light on?

This happened to my friend's civic a little while ago. Everytime he started it, it did the idle jump thing unless he had driven it for a while and the engine was warm. We checked the diagnostic codes and it turned out there was something wrong with his IAC valve (Idle Air Control). Those things run about $200 anywhere you go, so I hope that's not your problem.

Anyway, he didn't have the money right away to get a new one so he soaked it in acetone and got it really clean. It doesn't idle strange nearly as much as before, but then again, he still needs a brand new one. If that doesn't help, also check your fuel filter and injectors and maybe your O2 sensor as well. Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:48 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i guess were are having a vacuum leak

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote