::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2002, 05:37 PM   #1
diligent_dave

Track times

Some friends and myself went to Texas Raceway in Kennadale on Thursday, it's an 1/8 mile track. My best time is in my sig.
Some of my friends times are as follows:

Frankie-1994(?) Taurus SHO-10.1
Chance-1993 del sol Si-11.0
Alvin-1988 Mazda B2200-13.X
Leo-1998 S-10-12.X

What times are you guys runnin'?
Old 03-04-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
VTC_CiViC

9.507 spinning most of the way. Should be a 9.3 once I get traction
Old 03-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #3
diligent_dave

Quote:
Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
9.507 spinning most of the way. Should be a 9.3 once I get traction

Wow, someone actually replied

Anyway, you're puttin down some nice times. I guess you run somewhere in the 13's in the quarter? I haven't seen too many imports at the tracks down here. And the ones that do go are quick, but not fast, let alone turbo. But there was that one CRX with the gsr swap last week, it was in the low 9's in the 1/8.

Good job on your car though, it sounds like you have a nice ride!
Old 03-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #4
juvenile

I would reply if I knew my times!
Old 03-04-2002, 05:18 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I would reply if I knew my times!

Same here. I really don't feel like going to the track and getting annihilated in my almost stock Accord

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Niacin

Boo. :bwahahaha: Not really fair, I know, but at least y'all go to the track.

BTW, don't worry about not going because you'll look stupid. Once, there was a 1986 Toyota Corolla who rolled up to the waterbox, pulled the e-brake, and tried a burnout. The problem was that he didn't have enough power to break loose, and wound up dragging the rear of the car up to the tree. Then, he didn't realize he still had the e-brake on, and launched with it, and towed his ass up to the 60' before figuring it out. I think he ran a 19.

Max
Old 03-04-2002, 06:10 PM   #7
diligent_dave

heheheh Yeah, my friend with that B2200 could barely get the tire to break loose at all and he revved it to the sky and dumped the clutch. But at least he went to the track.

There are a lot of peeps around here that refuse to go to the track because they say that they are "hardcore street racers" so they will never race on a track. A big "BOOOOOOOO!" goes out to them.

If there is a track near you get a bunch of your friends together and get there right when the gates open and race. Don't worry about being on the slow side. When you have all the neat time slips you can see if your mods actually did anything. And going to a local track is not near as expensive as dyno time.

Orange juice.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:47 PM   #8
juvenile

You suggesting I goto the track with my Concorde?
Old 03-04-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

NO, but to the scrap yard j/k. anyway my car is slower than anybody elses on this board.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:55 PM   #10
Maxvla

cept maybe mine...

im not really interested in going to the track with my car to run cause i dont have any mods... if i was constantly modding i'd be running it nearly every week...
Old 03-04-2002, 09:30 PM   #11
diligent_dave

-=juvenile=-
I'm not suggesting you go to the track with your Concorde. I'm urging it. (Urrrrrge?!?) Sidenote: That night at the track an Intrepid almost won the burnout competition.

-=hondaman=-
You're such a liar. You know that I have the slowest vehicle on the board. I even have the times to prove it.

-=Stefan and Maxvla=-
Quit yer bitchin' and race. Yall's Accords will do better than ya think. Especially if you take it to an 1/8 mile track.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #12
juvenile

How much does it cost again? Aproxx.
And how does it work?
Old 03-04-2002, 10:02 PM   #13
diligent_dave

Quote:
How much does it cost again? Aproxx.
And how does it work?

Here the the 1/8 mile tracks (We have 3 good ones) cost 10 or 15 dollars to race, depending on the night. And the 1/4 mile(only one) in Ennis (pretty far from me) is, I believe, 25 dollars to race.

We go to Kennedale (even though it's an 1/8) because it is closer to us and just as fun. Plus, if we go alllllllll the way to Ennis to race 1/4 mile you have to wade through all the pro drivers and everyone else. There is just sooo many people. We get tons of runs in at Kennedale.

And what do you want to know "how it works"?
Old 03-04-2002, 10:14 PM   #14
juvenile

ok you pay then what happens?
you stand in line?
and do you line up with someone?
or is it just you?
like what's the basic way from when you pay till when you get you slip. how does it happen?
Old 03-04-2002, 10:37 PM   #15
diligent_dave

Quote:
ok you pay then what happens?
you stand in line?
and do you line up with someone?
or is it just you?
like what's the basic way from when you pay till when you get you slip. how does it happen?

Oh cool, I get ya now, I'll go through the normal Kennedale procedure. Some tracks may vary slightly.

1. Drive up to the gate and pay, you are handed a form.

2. Drive to the pit/parking area next to the track.

3. Fill out your form. Real easy stuff...name, address, car, blah, blah.

4. Drive to the lanes that lead up to the 2 racing lanes. Hand the nice man your form and he will write a number on one of your driver's side windows. After this time, you will bypass the guy since you already will have a number.

5. Just wait until it's your turn to pull up into the burnout box. You will be waved in by a track official when it's cool for you to do so. The burnout box is really just a patch of water just before you stage at the lights.

6. When you think the time is correct or an official tells you to, do a burnout in the water. If on radials, just do a tire kick to get rid of pebbles and the water in your tread. If on slicks, do a nice smoky burnout to warm them puppies up.

7. Roll slowly to the beams. When you are at the first beam the top light of the christmas tree will light up. Be careful not to go too far, as you do not want to go through the beams completely and look like a jackass and have to put the car in reverse. Just creep up slowly, you will get used to where the beams are. You are now "pre-staged".

8. Now roll up ever so slightly, like 6 freakin inches (if that) and you will be at the next beam. Both yellow lights at the top of the tree will now be lit for your lane. You are now "staged". Wait for the other person to stage if they have not done so.

9. Once both of the drivers are staged the tree operator/official will start the tree. I hope you know how that works. There is one half of a second between each light. When the third yellow lights up try and judge when the green will hit. If you leave the beams right as the green drops you will have a perfect reaction time of .5

10. Race. When you cross the finish line you should be able to see the time boards and see how you did. Follow the track to the end or where it has a turn off for you to go back to the pits.

11. Walk or drive (depending on track) to the tower to pick up your slip. There should be a window at the tower that says "E.T. Slips". Just walk up and tell 'em your number.

12. Go back to your spot in the pits (and your friends and their cars, you did bring friends didn't you?........you do have friends don't you?). Tune your car to do better on your next run.

I hope that was good enough. That was Dave's 12 easy steps to racin'. It doesn't matter if you race a slow car, just go out and race.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:47 AM   #16
juvenile

Cool thank you for educating the uninformed!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:02 PM   #17
qwkcivic95

13.3@101 in the 1/4 , 1.8 60ft all motor
Old 03-06-2002, 11:04 PM   #18
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice time qwkcivic95 Nice car too

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:06 PM   #19
qwkcivic95

thanx man
Old 03-07-2002, 11:20 AM   #20
diligent_dave

-=qwkcivic95=-

Awesome times! It's all motor too, geez. You've got an extremely nice car. Keep up whatever you're doin'.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #21
Niacin

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
6. When you think the time is correct or an official tells you to, do a burnout in the water. If on radials, just do a tire kick to get rid of pebbles and the water in your tread. If on slicks, do a nice smoky burnout to warm them puppies up.

I've heard some people say not to do a burnout in the box on street tyres, 'cause it throws water all up in the fenderwells and you just drip it on the line. I just do a dry hop to clean the tread and get a little heat in 'em, like you were saying.

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave 9. Once both of the drivers are staged the tree operator/official will start the tree. I hope you know how that works. There is one half of a second between each light. When the third yellow lights up try and judge when the green will hit. If you leave the beams right as the green drops you will have a perfect reaction time of .5

Now you're talking. I always leave on the third yellow. By the time you react, take your foot off the brake and stomp the pedal, it's already been half a sec, and you should cut a good light. Somebody in my club taught me that.

That was some good stuff, Dave.

Max