::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #1
rakugaki

alarm hood pin

hi! does anybody know where I can get a hood pin?

Not the ones people use on their car to make their car faster, but the one used so when you pop your hood, your alarm system will know that it's open.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:57 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

you can get them at best buy, any car audio place, or any place that sells alarms... if you want it online you can get it at like autotoys.com
Old 09-21-2002, 04:18 AM   #3
rakugaki

crap...i've even checked there and kragen and stuff, they only offer them with the alarm i'll check autotoys.com (hopefully they'll have it for cheap, Thanks!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 11:25 PM   #4
blind34_1

Any switch should work. as long as its spring loaded. Don't newer cars have hood sensors? maybe not.

Maybe an impact sensor near the front part of the hood? As long as you've got all you other bases covered (glass break sensor, door sensor) that should be enough.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 11:26 AM   #5
rakugaki

yeah, mines dosn't have one, the gen after mines does, oh well. i found one at auto toys, but i didn't have time to place an order. i'm just worried about the hood, i heard people nowadays pry open the hood and disabled the alarm. better safe than sorry
Old 10-13-2002, 02:19 PM   #6
blind34_1

I tried using autotoys to buy stuff once. Their ordering process sucks, you have to factor in shipping yourself. They basically are saying "we're too lazy to add up the shipping charges, so you you do it and pay us." I'm sorry, but they don't get my business.

I'd say if you are really worried about people prying open your hood, get a secondary battery for your alarm. alarm pins should do the trick too though. good luck.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
rakugaki

yeah, the ordering process does suck! , so i didn't order there, do you mean a secondary battery for the car, or just the alarm itself? i think my alarm has problems with dual battery cars cause I have a remote start system installed. and when I looked for backup batteries for alarm systems, they cost just as much as my alarm unit (@crutchfields)
Old 10-24-2002, 01:31 PM   #8
blind34_1

well I don't know how to make it work with a remote start. I think there is a way to hook two batteries into your alternator so they both charge. People with mad sound systems do that, but I would have the first clue as to how to go about it. A stock alternator wouldn't do it though. I'm sure brandon know exactly how to do this...