Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
mcruz
2nd Gear

greddy turbo install

just bought a greddy turbo kit with intercooler plus BOV type S, just need feed back if anyone can, tell me what is better install my self or take to a shop, who wants $800-$1000, and if any has put one on that be great for some infor thank, turbo is going in 1997 civic ex
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
AzCivic

do it yourself! its not that hard.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

there is a good write up in the step by step section, writen by our local turbo king
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
SuperHero500

do it yourself, saves money
Old 06-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
NAPALMsunrise

do it urself... great learning experience!! I have only done tail lights and i thought that was fun
Old 06-11-2004, 12:09 AM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

It's super easy man! I installed a 19T kit this weekend and took me and another friend only 5 hours. The GReddy 19t kit seems to have problems with the e-manage tho. I just spent 2 hours reading about this since I came across some disturbing tuning problems 2 days ago. As usual, GReddy sucks when it comes to installation instructions, but it's all common sense tho. The GReddy e-manage wiring schematic had one of the pins pointed out wrong. If you follow their diagram, you will end up tapping the RPM wire from the e-manage to your radiator fan relay wire. They are off by one pin out. The injector wiring is stupidly explained to almost non-sense.... My issue was the e-manage casuing to trip multiple CEL to include MAP and misfire on all cylinders. The MAP would even trip while the car is on idle... WTF? The the misfire CEL would trip after a few minutes of driving. It also couldnt idle to 310cc injectors correctly. I think all these tuning problems is due to a bad e-manage. We will have to get it re-programmed. I was able to get around this problem by disconnecting the e-manage and just tune with the APEXi VAFC II. I manipulated the 310cc injectors to ensure ample fuel delivered per RPM band. The car idles like stock now and pulls pretty hard. It sure does feel better than my 15g kit on the same boost amount. The sound of this turbo is amazing! It sounds different from any other turbo i've ever heard....

In all honesty..... you should install this yourself. It is soooooooooo easy! Shit.... I'd do it for $200 and a pack of newport if you only live close by me...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote