.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
Vegasguy80

SRS Light Suddenly Appears

The SRS light on my dash has suddenly decided to come on. I haven't made any modifications lately or anything like that. Just out of no where the light came on and has stayed on. Have any of the other Honda owners had this problem? If so, what was the outcome?

Please help. Thanks
Old 09-05-2003, 07:22 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i don't wanna state the obvious but you have a problem with the airbag system, and only a honda dealer can diagnose/fix it. i am all for do it yourself but in the srs's case have the dealer look at it

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 02:52 AM   #3
nosaj81_2000

Re: SRS Light Suddenly Appears

Quote:
Originally posted by Vegasguy80
The SRS light on my dash has suddenly decided to come on. I haven't made any modifications lately or anything like that. Just out of no where the light came on and has stayed on. Have any of the other Honda owners had this problem? If so, what was the outcome?

Please help. Thanks

yeah my wifes 01 civic has been doing the same thing. they told her that it was a short in the system which if you ask me that not a good thing but the dealer could be trying to BS the wife. the first time it cam on i had installed some neons in her car and when i was hiding the wires down the side of the car there is a yellow plug that is supposedly for the SRS but i dont think so. so the wife brought the car to the dealer and they told her it was because of the neons and me having played with the yellow connector which i didnt, that was why the light came on and then she asked the mechanic who had worked on the car where exactly the problem was and he said he didnt know. so to me honda tech are bull sh*t no offense to anyone who is one.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
hooohaa2

yeah, my light is on too, came on after I grounded the hot lead to the SRS fuse with my needlenose. I was checking my fuses to try to figure out my phantom electrical problems (see my dome light post in this forum), and I just caused another one. Yay.

You need a special tool to reset the stupid light, which is all I want done. I don't want BS from the dealer I just wanna know how much they will charge to reset it.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #5
MAXed Out
6th Gear

I don't even have airbags.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote