::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
AkimboStylee

so i failed a drug test, after being clean for 60+ days

after looking at this i know i failed this test, because i have been taking ibuprofen for a headache that wouldn't go away, and this is what i found out!

Substances That Cause False Positive Drug Test Results.

THC - Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives.

Dronabinol (Marinol)

Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)

Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)

Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease

Naproxen (Aleve)

Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)

Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)

Amphetamines - Substances or Conditions can cause a false positive drug test.

Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or desoxyephedrine
(Nyquil, Contact, Sudafed, Allerest, Tavist-D, Dimetapp, etc)

Phenegan-D, Robitussin Cold and Flu, Vicks Nyquil

Over-the-counter diet aids with phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim, Accutrim)

Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin)

Asthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets)

Prescription medications (Amfepramone, Cathne, Etafediabe, Morazone,phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, benzphetamine, fenfluramine, dexfenfluramine,dexdenfluramine,Redux, mephentermine, Mesocarb, methoxyphenamine, phentermine,amineptine, Pholedrine, hydroymethamphetamine, Dexedrine, amifepramone, clobenzorex,fenproyorex, mefenorex, fenelylline, Didrex, dextroamphetamine, methphenidate, Ritalin,pemoline, Cylert, selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl, Famprofazone) Kidney infection, kidney disease, Liver disease, diabetes.

Opiates - Substances or Conditions which can cause a false positive drug test.

Poppy Seeds

Tylenol with codeine

Most prescription pain medications

Cough suppressants with Dextromethorphan (DXM)

Nyquil

Kidney Infection, Kidney Disease

Diabetes, Liver Disease

Ecstacy - Substances or Conditions which can cause a false positive drug test.

Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or desoxyephedrine
(Nyquil, Contact, Sudafed, Allerest, Tavist-D, Dimetapp, etc)

Phenegan-D, Robitussin Cold and Flu, Vicks Nyquil

Ov

Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin)

Asthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets)

Prescription medications (Amfepramone, Cathne, Etafediabe, Morazone,phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, benzphetamine, fenfluramine, dexfenfluramine, dexdenfluramine,Redux, mephentermine, Mesocarb, methoxyphenamine, phentermine, amineptine, Pholedrine, hydroymethamphetamine, Dexedrine, amifepramone, clobenzorex, fenproyorex, mefenorex, fenelylline, Didrex, dextroamphetamine, methphenidate, Ritalin, pemoline, Cylert, selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl, Famprofazone)

Kidney infection, kidney disease

Liver disease, diabetes

Cocaine - Substances or Conditions which can cause a false positive drug test.

Kidney Infection (kidney disease)

Liver Infection (liver disease)

Diabetes

Amoxicillin

Tonic water

Solid Drug Test Information - The Key to Passing a Drug Test.

General items reported as causing false positive test drug test results:

Your own enzymes. A small fraction of the population excrete large amounts of certain enzymes in their urine which can produce a positive drug test. Dr. John Morgan of the Dept. of Pharmacology of New York City University writes: "A false positive test could occur in some individuals because they excrete unusually large amounts of endogenons lysozyme or malate dehydrogenase." Dr. Morgan judges that natural enzyme interference may run as high as 10% of positive samples.

Black Skin. This is not a joke! Those of African origin, certain Orientals, or pacific Islanders might test positive for marijuana. Dr. James Woodford, a toxicologist associated with Emory University labs hypothesized the pigment melanin which protects the skin from the sun, approximates the molecular structure of the THC metabolite to cross react on the marijuana urine test. Dark skinned Caucasians such as those from the subcontinent of India could also read positive on marijuana tests. The body eliminates some melanin in a dark person's urine sample.

Passive marijuana inhalation. If you attend a rock concert or ride in a car where marijuana is smoked nearby, even if you do not partake, the second hand marijuana that you might inhale may give your test a positive result for several days.

Pain relievers such as Advil, Nuprin, Motrin and menstrual cramp medications like Midol and Trendar. All drugs containing the widely used pain reliever Ibuprofen are known to cause positive samples for Marijuana. Non-steroidal anti inflammatories such as Naproxyn have cross reacted in blind tests. These are often prescribed for runners, sports injuries to joints, and those suffering from arthritis.

Syva labs has recently reworked its Cannabinoid test and claims to have eliminated this problem. But a Science magazine article (July 8, 1988) lists Ibuprofen as cross reactive. Under the new government guidelines THC testing levels will be reduced to 50 nanograms. Many more THC false positives can be expected in 1994.

Dristan Nasal Spray, Neosynephren, Vicks Nasal Spray, Sudafed, etc. and others containing ephedrine or pnenypropanolamine. Over the counter appetite suppressants which contain propanolamine. Most common nasal decongestants can cause a positive reading for Amphetamines. As the cross reactive list suggests at the back of this booklet, amphetamine false positives are the most common. Recent articles in the Journal of Clinical Chemistry ,Vol. 38 No.12 1992 and Vol. 39 No.3 1993 warn that medications containing chloropromazine, fluspirilene, and others may yield a positive when tested for amphetamines.

Vicks Formula 44M containing Dextromethorphan, and Primatene-M containing perylamine as well as the pain reliever Demerol, and prescription anti-depressant Elavil test positive for opiates up to three days. Even Quinine water can also cause a positive reading for opiates.

Poppy Seeds such as the ones on a bagel from your favorite deli, etc. The journal of Clinical Chemistry Vol.33 No.6, 1987 reports: "the quantities of poppy seed ingested in this study (25 and 40 g) may be expected to be contained in one or two servings of poppy seed cake. Therefore, poppy seeds represent a potentially serious source of falsely positive results in testing opiate abuse." Clinical Chemistry goes on to conclude: Not only is it difficult to distinguish heroin or morphine abuse from codeine, but dietary poppy seeds can give a strong positive result for urinary opiate of several days duration that is confirmed by GC/MS analysis".

Nyquil Nighttime Cold Medicine will test positive for Methadone up to two days.

Antibiotics. Certain newly developed antibiotics have cause positive samples urine tests. Ampicillin is suspect. Amoxicillin has caused positives for cocaine.

Diazepam tests positive for PCP as well as the ingredient in some cough medicines, Dextromethorophan.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
CD5Passion

so basically you need to be anerexic haha
Old 07-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

are they letting you appeal it? that sucks. i'd probobly fail for thc, opiates and amphetamines according to what that says

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
AkimboStylee

well i can appeal, for $400, it is a bunch of bs. The guy asked me if i smoked within 2 hrs of my drug test, i laughed and said no, i would have had to go behind the building, cause i was there for 3 hours waiting inline! and then he asked me if i was aware that i needed a perscription for the amount of unknown narcotic in my system, i was like, yeah sure let me find the rx for unknown: nope no rx for unknown. the guy was a complete deusche bag!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #5
Mischief

i probably have thc in my system too..

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
Potrebovali

Thank you for the*informative*posts.

Last edited by Potrebovali : 10-10-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Potrebovali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
lawkmlaw

lawkmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:41 AM   #8
fertooos

And here, too, about the coronavirus. So I want to distract myself from such posts and news. True, every news is about coronavirus, whenever you go. Why don't you worry that you don't get knowledge, you can't earn as much as you need for life? I'm in college now, but I'm ordering an essay here https://aplusessay.com/buy-college-essays.html because I'm on self-isolation due to the coronavirus. I have such apathy that I don't want to write these assignments myself.

Last edited by fertooos : 10-29-2020 at 12:41 AM.
fertooos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #9
TimmyHollins

Well, nowadays, people aren't even worried about a drug test, it's more on the COVID-19 test.
TimmyHollins is offline   Reply With Quote