.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
2kCivicEX

my opinoins on car detailing products...

i thought id give some props to the products that i have found to work the best to make my car look like a million bucks...

For wax, i have been using meguiars gold class for the first 4 layers, then a double layer of zymol on top...this has been working excellent for me and i get that mirror shine that i love.

Probably my favorite product of all has to be RainX. haha i love to watch the way the rain just jumps down my windshield. havent tried the rainx wax yet so i dunno how well it works...

I am a freak when it comes to detailing the engine. I try to put some effort in to keeping it clean about every other week or so. For this big task, i use Simple Green degreaser. I love it! spray it on, let it sit, hose it off. do this 2-3 times and your good to go. works excellent

im not a big fan of the armor-all interior wipes or spray. they seem to work great at first, but they collect a great amount of dust. meguiars has some nice interior cleaner and touch up wipes that work well, but im still looking for some good protectant.

alright guys....just wanted to share some products that worked well for me. lemme know what works for you...im always learning and trying new stuff
Old 05-19-2003, 08:49 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sticky. Post you opinions too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
CD5Passion

well if you want to shine your wheels do not use EagleOne's tire cleaner stuff, because it looks great at first but when you drive it gets grease all over your rims and I mean...alll....over, so just a heads up, but EagleProducts seems to be decent enough so hopefully that poor outcome isn't common in all their products

I've been trying to figure out how to detail my engine so thanks alot for that
Old 06-01-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
02black_Accord

what about polish? i use megauirs show car polish looks hella good.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:06 PM   #5
MAXed Out
6th Gear

AMEN to magauirs that stuff looks nice when i detail my car but i need something to clean my carpet cause it looks awful and something to get overspray off the windows avoiding using a razor
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I used to use Meguiars before I tried Klasse. Klasse is much better IMHO. You can still top it with some nice carnuba such as pinnacle, and you can use your favorite polished under it.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:33 PM   #7
chefmaster21
2nd Gear

i used to use meguires products...until i tried mothers wheel polish then i decided to try their other products and i love them their wax is excellent highley reccomend
chefmaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:26 PM   #8
fudgsicleflo

i love using s100 wax--has anyone else tried it? you can't find it at pep boys or the like--online is your best bet--i go to the local harley store. it gives those harley's that glssy sheen.

i also love simple green. very versatile--depending on how much you dilute it, there are many ways to use this degreaser. smells good, too. :P

for my gloss, i like meguiar's show glaze as well. very niiiiiiice. oh so slcik. oh so sweet. (yep, gotta love this stuff).

also, to take off those dreaded water spots, generic white distilled vinegar on a damp sponge, set for 2 minutes and wash car again (do it on a clean surface tho). this takes off all the glazes and waxes so be sure to do those things as well.

where do you guys get your towels? the best ones so far for me are our old towels. lol. i bought some from walmart but...they were "ok"

instead of rain-x, i just use eagle's window spray--safe for tinted windows and almost as good as rain-x without being that type of product.

(pardon me if there are any typos. hehe)
Old 10-05-2003, 10:55 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fudgsicleflo

where do you guys get your towels? the best ones so far for me are our old towels. lol. i bought some from walmart but...they were "ok"

Microfiber towels are where its at. I have large ones for drying and smaller ones for wax removal, etc. Lots of online detailing stores have them.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 PM   #10
accordmaniac

i use like four coats of wizards shinemaster.. It gives it that deep mirror like image. In between washings i just use wizards mist-n-shine... Together, they work wonders
Old 04-18-2004, 03:24 AM   #11
1kewlcivic

If you want your car to shine like it just came out of the showroom, then you should try Meguire's new Tech Wax. I just purchased it from AutoZone. I works better than any was I have every tried. I highly recommended it. It costs about $15.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:30 AM   #12
JDMFantasy2k

i must say that by taking eagle one's tire gel and cutting up an old sponge is the best way to do tires (after cleaning them with wesley's bleach white first). Also for engine detailing there is a two stage kit (i got mine at C.A.P.) i think it's called CD2? it 's in two aerosol cans and it works wonders.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:40 PM   #13
Sivik

meguiars, eagle one, zaino bros...

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote