::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
HoOn

Problem with my suspension???

Hi! I was wondering if anyone might know whats wrong... Anyway, I installed my eibach pro-kits and KYB AGX about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine.

I had a wheel alignement done on my car this past Thursday and they said I didnt need a camber kit because of the springs' conservative drop.

Anyway, I just realized that the left side of my car is about 1/2 - 3/4 inches lower than the right. I never got to really drive it yesterday but tonight I really noticed that something was different. it seems that the left side was making noises and when I looked at the wheel well it looks like the control arm is touching the top of the well. I am definitely bringing back my car on Monday to where I had the alignment done, BUT I just wanted to know if anyone knew what the problem MIGHT be.

I hate the feeling of helplessness because I wont't know until 2 days from now. =(
Old 04-02-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Did you install the springs yourself? Make sure you have the right springs in the right places... There is a front set and a back set.. the front set is alot stiffer then the front set...
Old 04-02-2002, 10:41 AM   #3
97CivicFerio

Ummm, you mean the front set is a lot stiffer (thicker coils) than the rear set. Also, make sure they are not installed upside-down. Then check to see if the bottom edge of the spring is against the notch on the perch of the shock.
Old 04-03-2002, 03:00 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicFerio
Ummm, you mean the front set is a lot stiffer (thicker coils) than the rear set....

Yes sorry for the type-o.. Fronts are stiffer then the rear..