::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2003, 03:03 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

been too long since a political topic...

http://dailybreeze.copleypress.org/c.../thomas19.html

your gonna have to read it, but its basicaly telling about a lady who has been following presidents around and she thinks bush is the worst president in american history. she's an expert on the subject. i dunno if i'd say worst, but i dont like his "war for peace" ideas

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
cashizslick

Re: been too long since a political topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
http://dailybreeze.copleypress.org/c.../thomas19.html

your gonna have to read it, but its basicaly telling about a lady who has been following presidents around and she thinks bush is the worst president in american history. she's an expert on the subject. i dunno if i'd say worst, but i dont like his "war for peace" ideas

I dont like the idea of war either, but sometimes fighting is the only way to get things done, i dont wanna go to war, but maybe this is what has to happen. I dont know - i dont even want to think about it. I hate countries like N.Korea, and Iraq, i wish they never existed.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Re: been too long since a political topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
I dont like the idea of war either, but sometimes fighting is the only way to get things done, i dont wanna go to war, but maybe this is what has to happen. I dont know - i dont even want to think about it. I hate countries like N.Korea, and Iraq, i wish they never existed.

n.korea is more of a threat than iraq, but for some reason bush is more conserned with iraq. *cough* oil tycoon *cough*

Old 02-18-2003, 03:24 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: Re: Re: been too long since a political topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
n.korea is more of a threat than iraq, but for some reason bush is more conserned with iraq. *cough* oil tycoon *cough*

Oh yeah, I'm sure Bush will take our country to war with Iraq, possibly losing many American lives, for his own personal gain

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Re: Re: Re: been too long since a political topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Oh yeah, I'm sure Bush will take our country to war with Iraq, possibly losing many American lives, for his own personal gain

im not saying that iraq isnt hostile, but n.korea has nuclear capabilitys and there is confermaiton of nuclear material in their county, but iraq, dosnt (even though i have a pretty good feeling they are hiding something) have nuclear power, just the suspision of chemical and biological. i dunno... i do honestly think bush would risk american lives to save face

Old 02-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
cashizslick

its sad, that this will probably happen
Old 02-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
armyguy5
3rd Gear

well n. korea just pulled out of the armestice that ended the korean war saying it was the US's fault. As for war with i iraq...hey i'm a soldier...gotta go where they tell me..they dont pay me to have an option just to excute so i dont really care...it'll give me a chance to make some money =)

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:18 PM   #8
Ty's Si

When Bush sh!t on the Anti-ballistic missle treaty and proclaimed the US would fund a missle defense shield, the treaty was breached. North Korea simply followed suit. I don't blame them for wanting to build weapons in violation of the treaty since the US started the trend (It's was one of Bush's 'great' proposals at the beginning of his term). But going to war with North Korea doesn't make sense because no one has anything to gain from North Korea. No oil, no real resources that the US or its allies needs. That and the fact that they could blow off the coast of Cali with 1 shot...

Now Iraq is different...

The thing that is most disturbing to me however is that by not dealing with North Korea first, the Bush administration is basically telling rogue nations such as Afghanistan that if they go ahead and develop weapons of mass destruction quickly (Like North Korea) then we won't attack them, thus giving them more power, increased leverage.

It's all about priorities and I think they are slightly backwards right now.

NOTE: Never did I say we shouldn't go ahead with Iraq. But I do think diplomatic solutions there with an empahsis on North Korea first is where the priority should be.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

Hahaha...holy shit you must be naive. What makes you think he cares? Is HE going to be the one in the trenches? No. Is he untouchable? Basically. Hell, I'm sure he'd send dad and Jeb over there if he though it would fatten his pocket along with lowering oil prices. The fact that he's gone this far and constantly defied the U.N. telling them he'll go it alone should tell you that this WILL happen...it's all about when. Doesn't matter if they've got these supposed weapons of mass distraction...they've got oil and damnit I just won't pay $2/gallon to fill the 40 gallon tank on my 10mpg Excusion. Same goes for my Yukon Denali. That's, like, eleventy billion dollars in gas (sorry...I seem to have misplaced my calculator).

As for N. Korea...nobody wants to hear from them. They were included in the "axis of evil" but once they spoke up the press just kind of went "what the...no, no...shut up." cuz what do they have that we could possibly take? Sure, the could hit California and send it into the ocean...but is that really such a big loss? I like Bill Hicks' idea of Arizona Bay (calm down Cali people...I'm kidding. Or am I? ). They've PROVED they've got the shit to get the job done but they DON'T have fossil fuel. So they go on the back burner. Hell, Kim Sung whatever could show up on the porch at the white house with a nuclear bomb (or, if you're Bush, a "nucular" bomb) and we'd STILL manage to ignore them. It's not about right and wrong or morality plays...it's all about where the money is.

Take a look at Afghanistan. Without declaring war (that seems to be a bit of an inconvenience these days) we went in and leveled whatever was left of that country. Then we installed a US friendly government and thus reopened the world's most plentiful opium fields. Hey...anything for a buck. They also have some very valuable real estate. "But Steve," you may be typing, "what's so valuable about rocks and sand?". Well...Afghanistan happens to be a very plausable route for an oil pipeline for whomever controls the oil reserves in the Caspian Sea which would thus give the Asian continent the better part of it's energy. And I'm sure the Afghani puppets...errr...government wouldn't mind letting us use their land for such a project. Why would they? They've seen what we're capable of.

So suddenly we've become like Jack Palance in that movie Shane, tossing the guns at the sheep herder's feet. After numerous demands for him to pick up the gun despite his objections, once the sheep herder reaches for the gun Jack Palance shoots him and declares "You all saw him...he had a gun". Now ask yourself...do you really wanna be like Jack Palance? Of course you don't. Just don't take everything you see on TV or read in magazines and newspapers literally. Use some common sense and decide for yourself after looking at all the facts.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #10
Civicfrenzy

Not to mention Saddem tried to have papa bush assasinated. Maybe a lil revenge is involved in all this.....

On another note though i read this article today

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870531.asp

it basically states that Bush and the United States cannot back down now after all this tough talk. Personaly i think its stupid to go to war with Iraq b/c Iraq cant hurt us and if they DO attack ne1 the world will come down on them like a kansas tornado. But i do agree that after all we have said, it would be a HUGE mistake to back down now.