::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2001, 06:15 PM   #1
MrCLoWnY

Whats wrong with my OIL PRESSURE?

WEll u know how i said i just took a trip. 600miles round trip. Neways after i came back and started my motor the next day my oil pressure goes up and down and i can hear my motor revving up and down But my rpm stays the same. The movement is not dramatic but noticeable. Im thinkin that maybe i have an exhaust leak or maybe my exhaust went bad. SOunds like my car is about to shut off. When i drive it everything seems to be ok. It boosts fine and seems to run ok. What ya guys think? BWT i checked my oil level and it was at 80% so i put some more in and still the same problem.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:22 PM   #2
Boosted3g

Thats strange. It is probably something to do with the A/F mixture and the tone of the engine or a small exhaust leak lke you said. As for the fluctuating oil pressure at idle the only thing that I can think of is your oil pump bearings but that is very highly unlikely. Unless your motor really is reving up and down then your oil pressure will move a little. Id check the wire that leads to the tach on the ignitor inside the distributer. If it is loose your tach will read incorrectly. I have had mine drag over 2k rpms behind because of a loose wire terminal.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:22 AM   #3
MrCLoWnY

My RacE eNgineer did mention about the oil pump too. But im hoping that it isnt. ANd the weird thing is that my rpm stays the same. But let me add that it adles very low. I still havent had the time to look at It cuz im stuck on HONda Style MOderating. hahahaha. J/k. I think i might be able to check it out on the weekend so i'll keep ya updated. Thanks dawg. PeaCE.
Im Really hoping its an exhaust leak. hahaha
Old 09-06-2001, 08:59 AM   #4
Boosted3g

If it turns out that the pump is bad check and see if you can swap in a DOHC pump. They might flow a little more volume, expecially the Vtec ones. You might also have to change the pickup also if the swap is possible.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:08 PM   #5
MrCLoWnY

Thanks..
Old 09-06-2001, 09:45 PM   #6
Ex-Tdo4

Hmmm....

CLowny, make sure your headgasket it not going, see if there's white smoke coming out of your exhaust, your head gasket might be going slowly but surely, i know 2 turbo civics that had that problem, they changed the head gaskets and problem disspeared, but there idle was jumpy, since you said your idle is not jumpy, i might be way off.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:04 AM   #7
MrCLoWnY

WHoa. NOt my HEadgasket. But then again i can get a thicker head gasket and lower my compression. Hmm... I hope ITs not the headgasket. hehe im gonna check my exhaust manifold tomorrow to see if its loose. thats what im hoping for. KNOCKin ON WOod.