Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2001, 12:22 AM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Thinkin of selling my car....

I've lately come to the conclusion that my car isn't what I want. Its fast, I'll give it that, but I don't think it will get me to where I want to be. I've been pondering the idea of an Si. First off its a faster car out of the box. Second I wouldn't be selling my nitrous so I could add that to it and it would be REALLY fast. Just gettin tired of my car. Kinda bores me. Ya know? You guys have any ideas? What kind of cars to look at?
Old 09-29-2001, 07:52 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Thinkin of selling my car....

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I've lately come to the conclusion that my car isn't what I want. Its fast, I'll give it that, but I don't think it will get me to where I want to be. I've been pondering the idea of an Si. First off its a faster car out of the box. Second I wouldn't be selling my nitrous so I could add that to it and it would be REALLY fast. Just gettin tired of my car. Kinda bores me. Ya know? You guys have any ideas? What kind of cars to look at?

I know exactyly what you mean.. Ive tried several times to get rid of my car, but they never want to give me anything for trade in.. Besides that I wouldnt know what I would want anyway, I thought about a WRX or a golf with the 1.8T, but in the end I always still end up with my car.. Good luck, making up your mind is the hardest part of the whole deal.
Old 09-29-2001, 11:20 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeah....:( I would love a WRX, but with the options it would run about $28000. The Golf would run me about $17000 and the Jetta is about $20000. I ever pondered a Mustang. That felt wierd.... The new GTs(240hp) and that Bullit(275hp) are pretty damn quick. Dunno if I could drive one though.....
Still I think after all this the Si is gonna be my best bet. Just gotta make sure its what I want...
Old 09-29-2001, 12:05 PM   #4
Big James

Sell your car and just go get a 92HB and a 1st gen B16. $3500 investment.
Old 09-29-2001, 12:14 PM   #5
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

My friend has a new mustang. Nice car but the insurance is way to much for me. Good luck in your endevors.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 06:56 PM   #6
90civiclxryder

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James

this is the way to go
Old 09-30-2001, 01:35 AM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James

I like the 92-95 HBs, but I like the 6th gen coupes better. I'm thinkin' Si..... If I can find one that's not beat to hell......
Old 09-30-2001, 05:04 PM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Yeah....:( I would love a WRX, but with the options it would run about $28000. The Golf would run me about $17000 and the Jetta is about $20000. I ever pondered a Mustang. That felt wierd.... The new GTs(240hp) and that Bullit(275hp) are pretty damn quick. Dunno if I could drive one though.....
Still I think after all this the Si is gonna be my best bet. Just gotta make sure its what I want...

No you didnt just say you were thinking about getting a ford... *LOL* I just messin.. Id like to have a Cobra, but insurance would kill me and I dont fancy driving one of those in the rain and snow either.. But it be sweet to play with, until the transmission goes out anyway...

My suggestion is drive every car your thinking of getting, and see which on you like the best..If your anything like me and cant make your mind up to save yourself it sucks..
Old 09-30-2001, 09:34 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

...If your anything like me and cant make your mind up to save yourself it sucks..

Yep that's me. I just want to get exactly what I want. When I bought my Civic, I never had any intentions of doing anything to it. Hell I had no clue about the whole modding car stuff. I just though it looked better than my 85 Olds.....

I know I can test drive the VWs, but I've yet to find any Si's around to test out.:(
Old 10-01-2001, 08:50 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Yep that's me. I just want to get exactly what I want. When I bought my Civic, I never had any intentions of doing anything to it. Hell I had no clue about the whole modding car stuff. I just though it looked better than my 85 Olds.....

I know I can test drive the VWs, but I've yet to find any Si's around to test out.:(

I bought mine for the reason of making it look cool.. but that was almost 3 years ago before the big performance thing really kicked in, back then I was all about the looks but now.. I want more power...

Have you looked at Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, they always have atleast one SI sitting out there when I go by there. They are a little high on prices I think, but you could atleast drive one and see if you like it.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:27 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

I bought mine for the reason of making it look cool.. but that was almost 3 years ago before the big performance thing really kicked in, back then I was all about the looks but now.. I want more power...

Have you looked at Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, they always have atleast one SI sitting out there when I go by there. They are a little high on prices I think, but you could atleast drive one and see if you like it.

I was thinkin about going out there to see if they had one. Their website doesn't show any though....
Old 10-01-2001, 08:39 PM   #12
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Driving an SI compared to out ex's is a huge difference. You'll love it but soon you will crave even more power. Choose wisely, I know I am always changing my mind.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 09:31 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
Driving an SI compared to out ex's is a huge difference. You'll love it but soon you will crave even more power. Choose wisely, I know I am always changing my mind.

Well I figure if I get an Si I won't have to change my name...Civic_Addict..... Big chore considering EVERYTHING uses it.... j/p I can't wait to find one to drive..... Though I think I'll make an ass outta myself since i haven't driven a stick in many years...
Old 10-02-2001, 06:56 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Well I figure if I get an Si I won't have to change my name...Civic_Addict..... Big chore considering EVERYTHING uses it.... j/p I can't wait to find one to drive..... Though I think I'll make an ass outta myself since i haven't driven a stick in many years...

*LOL* its just like riding a bike...

If you get an SI you can use a lot of the stuff from your car that you already have.. Thatd be nice.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:42 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

*LOL* its just like riding a bike...

If you get an SI you can use a lot of the stuff from your car that you already have.. Thatd be nice.

Yeah bike ride....right....

I went to Hidy Honda. No luck.....:( Just gotta keep diggin,....
Old 10-03-2001, 07:58 AM   #16
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Yeah bike ride....right....

I went to Hidy Honda. No luck.....:( Just gotta keep diggin,....

*LOL* ok so its not that easy...

Hidy didnt have anything.. Damn... what about White Allen? Have you tried there yet..
Old 10-03-2001, 08:06 AM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

OK I found you one.. There is an SI at Performance Honda in Fairfield..

or

check this one out...

1998 Civic TypeR motor

Heres the details on it.. This is what you need..

1998 Civic
Brand new Type R shortblock,fresh GSR head with 5 angle valve job.GSR trans,axles,ECU,APEXi Full coilovers,Suspension Techniques swaybars,GSR Rear Disk brakes,JDM Civic Type R front and rear lip spoilers,Greddy PE exhaust,Greddy stainless header,AEM cold air,OE Acura carbon fiber shiftknob,front crossdrilled rotors,BM regulator,AEM underdrive pulleys,ACT 6puck race clutch,RAZO carbonfiber pedals,17" Konig tuners.Motor built 3500 miles ago by Honda R and D technician,compression ratio is 10.7:1.Block is brand new from Honda, not used.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Damn that last one is sweet. A car with that much work scares me though. Especially since I didn't build it.....

Now I just gotta find the number for Fairfield Honda.......
Old 10-03-2001, 06:16 PM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Haven't tried White Allen yet.....Hmmm...

Is this Fairfield Honda:
Fairfield Auto Mall
6065 Dixie Hwy. Fairfield, OH. 45014
(513) 874-6980
??

Just checked White Allen Online and they don't show any......:(

The search continues...............

ps - What color was the Si at Fairfield?
Old 10-04-2001, 07:17 AM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Haven't tried White Allen yet.....Hmmm...

Is this Fairfield Honda:
Fairfield Auto Mall
6065 Dixie Hwy. Fairfield, OH. 45014
(513) 874-6980
??

Just checked White Allen Online and they don't show any......:(

The search continues...............

ps - What color was the Si at Fairfield?
Electron Blue SI <--- Click here and itll take you to the Autotrader Page I found it for Sale on.

Last edited by Racing Rice : 10-04-2001 at 07:22 AM.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 11:47 AM   #21
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Man I searched AutoTrader and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the link!
Old 10-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #22
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Man I searched AutoTrader and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the link!

Anytime man...

Ive mastered that website.. I spend so much time on there it isnt even funny... I like the older one so much better..but thats life I suppose.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:52 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Went and looked at that Si.

It has the Si leather interior! I've only seen that one other time and it was in a magazine. Also has the spoiler and fog lights. They wanted $18900 for it. :o I immediately tried my mad bargaining skills then forgot I didn't have any! But I got the price down to about $17600 which is about $300 above the BLACK BOOK (the one dealer's use). The only time I stalled it was when I parked it! Thought that was good for being a rookie. So I'm going to ponder it tonight. I wanted to buy that right then and there. But I still have to get rid all my stuff on my car.

Anyhow thanks for the link.....Let me know if you find anymore....
Old 10-05-2001, 06:47 AM   #24
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Went and looked at that Si.

It has the Si leather interior! I've only seen that one other time and it was in a magazine. Also has the spoiler and fog lights. They wanted $18900 for it. :o I immediately tried my mad bargaining skills then forgot I didn't have any! But I got the price down to about $17600 which is about $300 above the BLACK BOOK (the one dealer's use). The only time I stalled it was when I parked it! Thought that was good for being a rookie. So I'm going to ponder it tonight. I wanted to buy that right then and there. But I still have to get rid all my stuff on my car.

Anyhow thanks for the link.....Let me know if you find anymore....

The leather option is sweet isnt it... How much of a difference is there in the driving and feel of it.. Ill hook you up if I find anymore.
Old 10-05-2001, 12:44 PM   #25
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

The leather option is sweet isnt it... How much of a difference is there in the driving and feel of it.. Ill hook you up if I find anymore.

You can just FEEL the power that's there. Its amazing. I, of course, couldn't floor it. Its a bit more than riding a bike. The leather is amazing! Just not sure if I want a leather interior. Could be high maintenance(spell?).
:(

I think I'm gonna get it. Even though I told myself I woudn't get the first car I saw. My grandma's like why don't you sell your car then buy this one? I would but I'd be without a car until I hunted one of these things down.

Well I'm selling most of the stuff off my car, if you know anyone interested. Its all posted in the for sale forum.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:19 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

You can just FEEL the power that's there. Its amazing. I, of course, couldn't floor it. Its a bit more than riding a bike. The leather is amazing! Just not sure if I want a leather interior. Could be high maintenance(spell?).
:(

I think I'm gonna get it. Even though I told myself I woudn't get the first car I saw. My grandma's like why don't you sell your car then buy this one? I would but I'd be without a car until I hunted one of these things down.

Well I'm selling most of the stuff off my car, if you know anyone interested. Its all posted in the for sale forum.

The leather has its advantages and disadvantages... Good luck getting your new car..
Old 10-08-2001, 08:33 AM   #27
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well did you get it yet?

If not what happened?
Old 10-08-2001, 07:37 PM   #28
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Well did you get it yet?

If not what happened?

The better half (or so she likes me to call her) has put a temporary restraint on my new Si. No rational reason. I even showed her that I can more than pay for the car. She has threatened me with no extra-curicular(spell?) activities. If they have it tomorrow I'm gonna get it. Provided I don't wuss out.....

Such a sweet car........::
Old 10-09-2001, 07:45 AM   #29
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

The better half (or so she likes me to call her) has put a temporary restraint on my new Si. No rational reason. I even showed her that I can more than pay for the car. She has threatened me with no extra-curicular(spell?) activities. If they have it tomorrow I'm gonna get it. Provided I don't wuss out.....

Such a sweet car........::

*LOL*.... Well good luck either way you go... It really sucks when you get denied access from your own girl.....
Old 10-10-2001, 11:37 AM   #30
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

*sniff *sniff

They sold it.::

So I guess it wasn't meant to be..... Now I've gotta wait until I can find another....... Damn women! Grrrrr...
Old 10-10-2001, 11:42 AM   #31
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: *sniff *sniff

Quote:
They sold it.::

So I guess it wasn't meant to be..... Now I've gotta wait until I can find another....... Damn women! Grrrrr...

Are you going to trade in your car or sell it?

Heres another one at a dealer in columbus..

Electron Blue SI

Black 2000 SI

I found a ton of them from Private Sellers..

Last edited by Racing Rice : 10-10-2001 at 11:54 AM.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:30 PM   #32
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You the man! It still amazes how you find these......
Old 10-10-2001, 12:38 PM   #33
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Oh.....and a BLACK one!

Sweet! Just just e-mailed them....Hopefully they still have it!
Old 10-10-2001, 12:59 PM   #34
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Oh.....and a BLACK one!

Sweet! Just just e-mailed them....Hopefully they still have it!

Cool.. if they dont then Ill find you some more..*L*
Old 10-10-2001, 01:19 PM   #35
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

Cool.. if they dont then Ill find you some more..*L*

You are wise the ways of car searching young grasshopper....
Old 10-10-2001, 01:23 PM   #36
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

You are wise the ways of car searching young grasshopper....

It comes with age kid.. *L*:: wait till you get to be an old man like me.. youll see.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:24 PM   #37
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

It comes with age kid.. *L*:: wait till you get to be an old man like me.. youll see.

Old man? How old are you?
Old 10-10-2001, 01:25 PM   #38
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Old man? How old are you?

*LOL* Almost 23 in a couple more months... But I feel way older then that most the time..
Old 10-10-2001, 01:33 PM   #39
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

*LOL* Almost 23 in a couple more months... But I feel way older then that most the time..

LOL!

I was thinking you were older than that by the way you were talking. I'm 21.

The Black Si is sold:: ...

Moving on to the Blue Si.....
Old 10-10-2001, 01:36 PM   #40
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

To answer your earlier question.... I'm going to trade in my car. If I sell it I won't have a car to drive since the Si's are so hard to find.