::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2002, 08:15 PM   #1
mt.biker

xXx- the movie

well i'm gonna be seeing this tonight all so i'll have a verdict for you in the morning or later tomorrow night. I hope its good!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:07 PM   #2
vuep

your so luck it doesnt come out till the 9th here
Old 08-07-2002, 09:39 PM   #3
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by vuep
your so luck it doesnt come out till the 9th here

it doesnt come out to the public anywhere until the 9th!
Old 08-08-2002, 12:47 AM   #4
PoleMan14

Looks like all action to me, not much story.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:22 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im still trying to figure out why people said there wasnt a plot in the Fast and the Furious..

Man Mt. Biker.. How did you get the sneak preview tickets?
Old 08-08-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
DsBlu01CivEX

*cough*he's probably watchin bootlegs*cough*

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 04:05 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sounds good. I wasn't planning on seeing it because it didn't look that great to me, but maybe your review will sway me

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 08:13 PM   #8
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX

how could it be bootleg if the movies not out?

btw there will be a review coming up sometime tonight, just a bit busy to sum up what i thought
Old 08-08-2002, 08:18 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the suspense is killing me.... hurry up

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:14 PM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
the suspense is killing me.... hurry up
here it is guys (remember i tend to be really hard on movies)

My first impression is "can van act?" it would appear he can't play anyother role then as seen in FnF. The plot line starts to unfold in a manner i have only seen in two movies i've watched before. the other ones i walked out on. But because you people wanted a review so badly i didn't.

Summary

Van is a badass (wow how creative) and is forced to perform a gov't mission on some gangstars in Europe to avoid jail time. He is run through some gov't tests to make sure he is the man for the job. In doing so he pulls off some plain old stupid stunts that are no where close to possible. Well he passes! (ya figure?)

Boom hes off in Europe doing his thing, (this is where the movie kinda hits its stride) and he dives right into meeting this gangstars. They invite him in, he buys 10 hot cars from them (very nice cars but its not a car movie). Then the movie just becomes stupid, he has to bring them down from the inside, and after pulling some even more unbelievable stunts the plans are foiled.

hope i didn't ruin the movie

My general oppion on this movie is "someone walked away with alot of money." This movie gets in the leage of "blair witch", but not as bad. Its trying to be something it just cant be, van is the only thing this movie has going for it and thats a sad statement in itself. Just face it people, he cant act! they fill the movie with some nice cars, cute girls, guns, fight scenes, sex, and more sex and someone things its gonna be AMAZING! HA!

when will people start making good movies, go see it just so you can say you did and let me know if i'm close to correct on how i see it. Maybe i just see to many movies, or maybe movies these days are just shit. I duno but i dont think this one was good.

this movie gets one star
Old 08-09-2002, 12:05 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

here it is guys (remember i tend to be really hard on movies)

My first impression is "can van act?" it would appear he can't play anyother role then as seen in FnF. The plot line starts to unfold in a manner i have only seen in two movies i've watched before. the other ones i walked out on. But because you people wanted a review so badly i didn't.

Summary

Van is a badass (wow how creative) and is forced to perform a gov't mission on some gangstars in Europe to avoid jail time. He is run through some gov't tests to make sure he is the man for the job. In doing so he pulls off some plain old stupid stunts that are no where close to possible. Well he passes! (ya figure?)

Boom hes off in Europe doing his thing, (this is where the movie kinda hits its stride) and he dives right into meeting this gangstars. They invite him in, he buys 10 hot cars from them (very nice cars but its not a car movie). Then the movie just becomes stupid, he has to bring them down from the inside, and after pulling some even more unbelievable stunts the plans are foiled.

hope i didn't ruin the movie

My general oppion on this movie is "someone walked away with alot of money." This movie gets in the leage of "blair witch", but not as bad. Its trying to be something it just cant be, van is the only thing this movie has going for it and thats a sad statement in itself. Just face it people, he cant act! they fill the movie with some nice cars, cute girls, guns, fight scenes, sex, and more sex and someone things its gonna be AMAZING! HA!

when will people start making good movies, go see it just so you can say you did and let me know if i'm close to correct on how i see it. Maybe i just see to many movies, or maybe movies these days are just shit. I duno but i dont think this one was good.

this movie gets one star

well i read your review, and you kinda have the same look on movies as i do. i thought he couldnt act for shit in fnf and i was hoping that this would be different. so it sounds like theres no plot? that sux. i cant stand a movie with no plot. im gonna ask my friend who went to a sneak preview of it and see what he thought, but if i want to see nice cars, hot girls, sex, and no plot... ive got the internet.

Old 08-09-2002, 01:27 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

anyway why is he so hot ? i mean this is his second movie that i know of. what great things he did ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 03:16 AM   #13
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
anyway why is he so hot ? i mean this is his second movie that i know of. what great things he did ?

I dont know why people love him so much maybe cuz he has this thing to him he's different then most actors, he's bigger, louder, and newer

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 08:51 AM   #14
juvenile

Quote:
*nods while giggling like a school girl*

and yeah, by reading your review, this movie sucks.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:40 AM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, ive determined that this director sucks.

Old 08-09-2002, 06:24 PM   #16
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Saw the movie: Two hours and four minutes of non-stop action, awesome stunts, hot cars and a whole lota Vin Diesel!! Enough said!! My personal opinion: a must see! And the soundtrack sounds pretty sweet too!
Old 08-10-2002, 03:30 PM   #17
Violent Apathy

Moo.

Quote:
He wasn't too bad in Saving Private Ryan (he played Caparzo) FnF sucked and i'm not even gonna bother with xXx. You guys know he's almost 40 right? :P

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 08:48 PM   #18
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:

2002: XXX
2001: Knockaround Guys
2001: The Fast and the Furious
2000: Pitch Black
2000: Boiler Room
1999: The Iron Giant (voice)
1998: Saving Private Ryan
1997: Strays (also director)

What film launched Vin Diesel's career? ''Multi-Facial''
He plays a tough guy on screen, but Vin Diesel is the son of a theater teacher father and an astrologist mother. Diesel (born Mark Vincent) dropped out of college in 1994 to make ''Multi-Facial,'' a short film about his experiences as a struggling actor that he wrote, directed, and starred in. That 20-minute story played at Cannes and caught the eye of Steven Spielberg, who later cast Diesel as a sniper victim in ''Saving Private Ryan.'' He's been surrounded by explosions ever since

You would be surprised to find out what you don't know about him....just check out the current issue of People magazine. There's a lot more to him then most people think.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 08-10-2002 at 09:05 PM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 09:30 PM   #19
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

You would be surprised to find out what you don't know about him....just check out the current issue of People magazine. There's a lot more to him then most people think.

That's Fo sho I dint know he did all that crap.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 09:00 AM   #20
mt.biker

from reading this i now understand why theres no need to make good movies: because people will watch shit and love it!
Old 08-12-2002, 04:52 PM   #21
DsBlu01CivEX

People people people...ITS A MOVIE NOT REAL LIFE. Don't take it soooo seriously. It's meant for entertainment purposes only. If you go into this movie, or any movie for that matter, thinking it's gonna be the best thing you've ever witnessed in your life, of course you're going to think this movie sucked. Its all about theatrics(?) and explosions. The stunts are supposed to be crazy and we're supposed to know that "real" people can't do them. It's the whole point.
I thought this movie kicked ass. The stunts were cool, there were a lot of good lookin people in it, I really liked the club in the movie, nice ass cars (the GTO was amazing). Sure the plot could have been a lil thicker...but it's hard to notice under all the other "good looking" things in the movie. If you like action and wanna see a lot of shit get blown up, then catch a matinee...It's only $5.50 rather than $7.50.
OH and don't give people a hard time until you do some research on them. Kinda makes you look like an ass bustin on them sayin they can't act and that they've never made any other movies/sung other songs/what have you and someone else has to prove you wrong.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:02 PM   #22
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i saw the movie. 2 hours of bad acting, over acted lines, horible stunts, terrible plot, bad opening music i thought even. too dark for starting a movie. i found it amusing that tony hawk and matt hoffman for to be the drivers and skaters in the first part of the movie. it was 2 hours of trying to make vin look like a badass. but really his shit he did was just stupid, everything was far fetched, i know its supposta be a movie, but if your going to make something that is supposta seem real do a better job. i give it one star for trying.

Old 08-12-2002, 05:12 PM   #23
mt.biker

Quote:
People people people...ITS A MOVIE NOT REAL LIFE. Don't take it soooo seriously. It's meant for entertainment purposes only. If you go into this movie, or any movie for that matter, thinking it's gonna be the best thing you've ever witnessed in your life, of course you're going to think this movie sucked. Its all about theatrics(?) and explosions. The stunts are supposed to be crazy and we're supposed to know that "real" people can't do them. It's the whole point.
I thought this movie kicked ass. The stunts were cool, there were a lot of good lookin people in it, I really liked the club in the movie, nice ass cars (the GTO was amazing). Sure the plot could have been a lil thicker...but it's hard to notice under all the other "good looking" things in the movie. If you like action and wanna see a lot of shit get blown up, then catch a matinee...It's only $5.50 rather than $7.50.
OH and don't give people a hard time until you do some research on them. Kinda makes you look like an ass bustin on them sayin they can't act and that they've never made any other movies/sung other songs/what have you and someone else has to prove you wrong.

look i know this is aimed at me, and i didnt say he wasn't in movies before i said he couldn't act... and he can't. The man couldnt deliver a good line if his life depended on it.

Amen to 4thGenlude i was hopping i wasnt the only one who felt that way. I wasn't looking for the best movie i've ever seen i was hopping for somethign decent.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #24
toykilla

Quote:

Pitch Black but he sucked ass in that movie also.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:24 AM   #25
toykilla

Quote:

2002: XXX
2001: Knockaround Guys
2001: The Fast and the Furious
2000: Pitch Black
2000: Boiler Room
1999: The Iron Giant (voice)
1998: Saving Private Ryan
1997: Strays (also director)

oh yea, he was in boiler room...that movie also sucked...Honestly, The Iron Giant was his best role. It required no acting what so ever. Barely any speaking either, I give his perform in The Iron Giant a 10 but couldnt they have saved some money and got a monkey to do it?
Old 08-13-2002, 03:47 AM   #26
bootstrap

leave it to females to think the movie was great, the same females who like certain sports teams becuase they think the uniforms they wear are "pretty".
Old 08-13-2002, 01:23 PM   #27
msvtec14

Quote:
from reading this i now understand why theres no need to make good movies: because people will watch shit and love it!

Props for the above statement. That's seriously the funniest thing I have see all day

Old 08-13-2002, 11:23 PM   #28
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Geez you people are harsh!!!! Not just on this topic of XXX, but with a lot of topics I read about here on HS! Too much negativity overall, it just pisses me off!

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 08-13-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:13 AM   #29
msvtec14

Quote:
Geez you people are harsh!!!! Not just on this topic of XXX, but with a lot of topics I read about here on HS! Too much negativity overall, it just pisses me off!

Negativity does suck but don't let it get to you. Me personally, I thought what mt biker said was funny. Not because I'm a Vin Diesel hater but just because it was a good crack. Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one. Whether they are positive or negative people are going to say them. I'm not a Vin Diesel fan. Or maybe I'm just not into the movies that he's in. But to say that he totally sucks is not necessarily the right thing because he wouldn't be a movie star if he did suck. It's just a matter of people and what they prefer. Check out Road to Predition. I just saw it. It's the same director that did American Beauty so if you saw that and you liked it, this is a good one to see. Good shock value.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:39 AM   #30
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i just speak whats on my mine. its not ment to come out negivtive, but i disliked the movie and i expressed my feelings about it

Old 08-14-2002, 07:50 AM   #31
msvtec14

Quote:
i just speak whats on my mine. its not ment to come out negivtive, but i disliked the movie and i expressed my feelings about it

Wait, did you like the Fast and the Furious? Me personally, I'm just not down with the movies that are too far from reality.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:54 AM   #32
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

Wait, did you like the Fast and the Furious? Me personally, I'm just not down with the movies that are too far from reality.

you dont wananget me started on that movie. many hostile feelings about it.

Old 08-14-2002, 08:05 AM   #33
mt.biker

Quote:

thats what i thought i was doing? did i miss something along the way? whos feelings did i walk on now?...
Old 08-14-2002, 09:24 AM   #34
msvtec14

Quote:

you dont wananget me started on that movie. many hostile feelings about it.

I'll get somewhat started. I think I may have gotten started before about this in another forum or thread or something. Brian Earl Spilner has this thing with repeating himself throughout the movie. In the end of the movie, wouldn't there be an explosion from the shotgun blasts to the engine? Wouldn't that truck driver report it to the police that the pretty boy in the Supra saved the day and they would eventually put 2 and 2 together and figure it out? Or would they just think it was good old Vin? Ok, when they're at Race Wars and the shot is coming in on thier trailer, there is a baby bottle on the table. What's up with that? One of the funniest parts has to be when that big scrub Leon flips out because that girl disses him for the pretty boy and he yells, "MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN POPCORN!" and then he runs away. Did anyone see the bonus footage on the DVD? The Ferrari scene? So stupid.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:25 AM   #35
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

or how about putting sr20's in civic?

Old 08-14-2002, 09:50 AM   #36
msvtec14

Quote:
or how about putting sr20's in civic?

You know the guy in Silence of the Lambs that tucks him penis in and does the mangina?? He's that nerdy detective guy. I don't know, I just can't take him seriously after that. He was the weirdo truck driver in Joy Ride which also sucked and the guy that's Brian Splilner in F&F is also in that.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:24 PM   #37
DsBlu01CivEX

Rob what I said wasn't directed to you at all....it was sort of directed towards everyone. I just think people take things/life way too seriously in general. If you weren't entertained by this far fetched movie so be it. I'm down with that. But it goes the other way. The people in general on here then should not judge those of us that did find the entertainment value in this movie.

Oh yah....I don't remember who said it, but girls don't like sports teams cuz "we think the uniforms are pretty". Thank you for stereotyping the whole damn sex! I can't think of a single team in any sport that has "pretty" uniforms....none of them are low cut and frilly that I can think of. Some of us out there do like the teams because of certain players (and not always cuz the player is hot either!!!) or just the team as a whole. We might like the team cuz it's the team that belongs to our state or one that we used to live in. Please think before you go stereotying an entire group of people.

Old 08-14-2002, 12:50 PM   #38
msvtec14

I have to say that I agree with a lot of what you said. But there are a lot of girls that ruin it for the rest of us and make it easy for guys to stereotype us cool ones My least favorite type of girls are the car hoes. The ones that slut around car shoes wearing close to nothing in hopes of snagging a guy with a nice car.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:34 PM   #39
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I have to say that I agree with a lot of what you said. But there are a lot of girls that ruin it for the rest of us and make it easy for guys to stereotype us cool ones My least favorite type of girls are the car hoes. The ones that slut around car shoes wearing close to nothing in hopes of snagging a guy with a nice car.

you like them? i think they're dirty ass bitches... wouldn't touch em with a ten foot pole. If you wanna bring what type of girls we like into this, i go for the cute neighbour next door type girl. Mind you the sluts look good but you gotta find more then looks in a partner.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:00 PM   #40
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

you like them? i think they're dirty ass bitches... wouldn't touch em with a ten foot pole. If you wanna bring what type of girls we like into this, i go for the cute neighbour next door type girl. Mind you the sluts look good but you gotta find more then looks in a partner.
i agree with that one big time!