::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2002, 08:13 AM   #1
mt.biker

You know you're living in the 02's when

1. You have 5 passwords, but can only remember one.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail your buddy who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do
not have e-mail addresses.

6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone
in a business manner.

7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally insert a "9"
to get an outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three
different companies.

9. Your company's welcome sign is attached with Velcro.

10. Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.

11. You can only write on 'sticky pads'.

12. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your
best jokes.

13. Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job.

14. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get
long-service awards.

15. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World
countries annual budgets combined.
16. Interviewees, despite not having relevant knowledge or experience,
terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.

17. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.

18. Your supervisor gets a brand-new state-of-the-art laptop with all
the latest features, while you have time to go for lunch while yours
boots up.

19. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.

20. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your
department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time
management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.

21. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with
computers".

AND THE CLINCHERS ARE..

22. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.

23. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your
"friends".

ha number 6 is me, i take calls all day so at home its like i'm still at work... btw i now hate the phone.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:01 AM   #2
msvtec14

Or how how about when you try to make a call for a cordless phone and you sit there in confusion for a few minutes trying to find the SEND button?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Or how how about when you try to make a call for a cordless phone and you sit there in confusion for a few minutes trying to find the SEND button?
im guilty of that one. or not dialing 1 with the area code cause my cell phone dosnt make me.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 10:41 AM   #4
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

im guilty of that one. or not dialing 1 with the area code cause my cell phone dosnt make me.

This isn't too bad but it's just stupid because it costs money. I refuse to use the phone book. I'm not even sure that I know how to anymore. It just pisses me off. I'm all about the 411. I do the not dialing 1 thing all the time too. That also frustrates me because I don't even realize that I'm doing it and I'll dial it a few times prior to figuring it out.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:43 AM   #5
msvtec14

Here's another one. Sort of strange though. You know that you're living in the 02's when you get up from a toilet in a public restroom and it flushes all by itself.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:14 AM   #6
Kyle
elyK

lol, nice. Those are all true, lol
I like #7 and #19
I hate having to dial 9 all the time

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Here's another one. Sort of strange though. You know that you're living in the 02's when you get up from a toilet in a public restroom and it flushes all by itself.
i never "get up" from a toilet in a public restroom, i just walk away

Old 08-14-2002, 11:45 AM   #8
msvtec14

Quote:

i never "get up" from a toilet in a public restroom, i just walk away

Yeah, that's cause you're a guy. You just have to aim. I'm a girl so I don't have one of those. See, I don't actually sit because that would be gross in a public restroom but I do hover. But when I do have to do that, I do think it would be convienient to have one of those because hovering can be a pain in the ass. ESPECIALLY when you're drinking and you finally break the seal and it takes longer.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:

Yeah, that's cause you're a guy. You just have to aim. I'm a girl so I don't have one of those. See, I don't actually sit because that would be gross in a public restroom but I do hover. But when I do have to do that, I do think it would be convienient to have one of those because hovering can be a pain in the ass. ESPECIALLY when you're drinking and you finally break the seal and it takes longer.

wow details details details.... i'm scared for life now
Old 08-14-2002, 10:53 PM   #10
doownek
1st Gear

ok heres what i have in commen. 1, 2(i dont think i ever played with cards! ;-) 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20. that pretty much sums up my easy ass job
doownek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #11
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

wow details details details.... i'm scared for life now

Um, I really don't want one. I was just kidding. It would just be convienient at times. I would never want to give up being a girl. But it would be cool to be a guy for a day just to see what goes on in your heads! It wouldn't be a bad thing to figure out men a little more.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #12
juvenile

Quote:

Um, I really don't want one. I was just kidding. It would just be convienient at times. I would never want to give up being a girl. But it would be cool to be a guy for a day just to see what goes on in your heads! It wouldn't be a bad thing to figure out men a little more.
Figure US out?
it's you girls that change your mind 10 times every second!
YOU are confusing, not US!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #13
incubus86

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

Figure US out?

True that. I've never came across a girl that knew what she wanted, or didn't make things difficult in the process of getting what she wanted.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:25 AM   #14
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

Figure US out?

Ok, this is true. A lot of us girls are indecisive. And a lot of times over what guys might think is stupid stuff. Like clothes and stuff. Me personally, if I have to make a decision about anything I really need to know that I'm making the right one because I don't want to be stuck with something I don't like. Seriously, it took me 2 weeks to pick out my body kit.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:33 AM   #15
incubus86

Quote:

Ok, this is true. A lot of us girls are indecisive. And a lot of times over what guys might think is stupid stuff. Like clothes and stuff. Me personally, if I have to make a decision about anything I really need to know that I'm making the right one because I don't want to be stuck with something I don't like. Seriously, it took me 2 weeks to pick out my body kit.

Thats different. Clothes and body kits and things of that nature are objects. You can't interact with them to ask them what they are thinking or to get there opinion of what they think they look like on you. I'm talking about Girls when it comes to relationships. For instance, and I realize this has nothing to do with Living in 02, but, You're with someone and it feels so good and makes you so happy, but still don't act on all the feelings that you are feeling and let that person walk away?
Old 08-15-2002, 10:58 AM   #16
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86

Thats different. Clothes and body kits and things of that nature are objects. You can't interact with them to ask them what they are thinking or to get there opinion of what they think they look like on you. I'm talking about Girls when it comes to relationships. For instance, and I realize this has nothing to do with Living in 02, but, You're with someone and it feels so good and makes you so happy, but still don't act on all the feelings that you are feeling and let that person walk away?

I feel the same way about my last relationship and guys. I was with this kid for a long time and he pretty much f*cked me over one day out of the blue because he needed space and he did it in a really f*cked up way. If you want to know the details, it's in the Battle of the Sexes forum. Hmmm, in regard to your question...maybe the same reason this girl did it was the same reason that my X did it. We had an awesome relationship. He just freaked out one day and I think he felt the need to put you know what in other places or something because he realized that he was settling down? Me personally, I'm never the one to walk away so it's difficult for me to answer that specifically. But, if she walked away...you're better off without that sort of shady business.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:00 AM   #17
incubus86

Quote:

I feel the same way about my last relationship and guys. I was with this kid for a long time and he pretty much f*cked me over one day out of the blue because he needed space and he did it in a really f*cked up way. If you want to know the details, it's in the Battle of the Sexes forum. Hmmm, in regard to your question...maybe the same reason this girl did it was the same reason that my X did it. We had an awesome relationship. He just freaked out one day and I think he felt the need to put you know what in other places or something because he realized that he was settling down? Me personally, I'm never the one to walk away so it's difficult for me to answer that specifically. But, if she walked away...you're better off without that sort of shady business.

She isn't walking away, it is more of I think that she would be willing to let me walk away. Not hold onto something that she knows is good....
Old 08-15-2002, 11:09 AM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86

She isn't walking away, it is more of I think that she would be willing to let me walk away. Not hold onto something that she knows is good....

Ok, I read the whole story in Battle of the Sexes and responded. Go there.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:24 PM   #19
mt.biker

girls are confusing. When they like someone (aka a guy) but instead of telling him so or making any hints towards him, let him walk away and into another relationship. THATS F*CKED UP.

Girls at times have to make some moves, but also know when not to step on guys teritory.. its really not that hard.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #20
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah i hate that shit, when a girl shows NO interest so i move on.. then later find out she liked me.. WTF?

Old 08-16-2002, 12:53 AM   #21
msvtec14

Quote:
yeah i hate that shit, when a girl shows NO interest so i move on.. then later find out she liked me.. WTF?

YOU GUYS!!! You're just as hard to figure out as us women. If everything could be my way, everything would be up front and honest. That's my style. I don't lie. Ask me and I'll tell. But, for some reason people put up these stupid fronts and that's where a lot of the confusion lies. I think a lot of girls are stupid but so are a lot of guys. It sucks sometimes because it's a win/lose situation because you never really can say that you know the whole truth.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:33 AM   #22
mt.biker

fronting isn't cool... people should really stop it.

<-- no fronting here
Old 08-16-2002, 08:46 AM   #23
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
fronting isn't cool... people should really stop it.

<-- no fronting here

People front because A. They're really superficial and they want everyone to think that they're cool. B. They have low self esteem or a complex of some sort. HEY, how do you put your picture there? I want to put mine there. I'm not all that smart about that computer.