Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

camber kit head to head.

i am writing this article to give you an idea on ease of instalation, adjustament and overall performance of your
aftermarket camber kits. Please note that this are my personal opinions and experiences and you might have different experiences with the products in question, based on the conditions of the other suspension parts installed.

How the rating system works:

i am grading them on a scale of 1 to 10.
Instalation: 1 the easiest 10 the most difficult
Durability: 1 not very durable, 10 very durable.
Overall: 1 very low review, 10 very pleased with the product.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:32 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

SPC Xtreme Camber kit
Vehicles installed on: 92 Accord LX and 92 Integra LS 3dr HB.

Type: offset anchor bolt

At first this was a very easy to install kit as it required replacing only the stock anchor bolts with this kit. It seemed pretty easy to adjust too, but required a lot of attention to get both of them set to the same level. Also the ride quality seemed pretty harsh after installing them (and it wasn't because of the control arm would hit the inner fender but because of the very thin amount of plastic bushing, around 1/16 of an inch). Also i exeperineced a lot of durability problems with it: the kit would start sqeaking and become loose after 4 weeks of use. also the bushings tend to go really fast leaving you with a very loose front end causing vibrations at high speeds and steering wheel wobble when using the brakes.

Ease of instalation: 1
Durabilty:1
Overall experience: 4

I would higly reccomend against using this kit.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Ingalls Engineering Camber kit front
Vehicles installed on: 92 Integra 3Dr. HB

Kit type: Sliding anchor bolts

I think this is a perfect kit for the price and money. It replaces the stock anghor bolts and does not require too much technical knowledge to adjust it. The kit i am using came with polyurethane bushings and the handling of the car improved drastically after install. So far i haven't noticed any problems regarding the durability and long term use of it. I might expect some really low squeaks because of the polyurethane bushings, but there is nothing some lithium grease won't take care of it.

Installation: 1
Durability: 10* seems pretty solid and not too much to go wrong with. I had it installed for about 1 day at the time i am writing this.
Overlall: 10 good kit for the money

Old 10-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Skunk 2 Camber kit.
Vehicly installed on: 2000 honda civic ex-coupe

Type: control arm with sliding balljoint

This kit wasn't installed on any of my cars, but it was a very easy kit to install. it went straight in and required very little tinkering with it to have it installed (provided that your old control arm is not a PITA to take off). Also it offers a great range of adjustament form -4 to +4 degrees as per manufacturer's specs. I haven't heard any complaints about it so far, except one that the first generation of this camber kit would get loose balljoints after 1 year. Also the interference with the inwr fender was almost inexistent (unless your car is dropped 3" or more then you might bottom out). it's a very good kit for the money.

Ease of installation: 2
Durability: 8
Overall: 9

Old 02-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
blackb16ninty7

skunk2

try skunk2 camberr kits they work like a charm
i have a 1997 civic with a b16a JDM SiR swap, skunk2 strut bars, skunk2 coilovers, skunk2 struts, ITR front sway bar, ITR rear sway bar, indash dvd widescreen player, front and rear speakers, JL audio subwoffer, Leather LS integra seats, GSR web rims, Skunk2 camber kit
blackb16ninty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:43 AM   #6
wordkhjg

on the thought

on the thought of his buddy zhuge qing, zhang chulan and feng baobao came to resolve the case with the help of "anywhere" business enterprise. how does zhang chulan display his competencies to assist the king trap the black hand backstage? what wonderful overall performance will zhuge qing, wang ye and others have? who're the people who covet the "8 wonders"? "under one guy-becoming a member of the world" may be introducedsoon!
Old 07-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #7
thewellconte1

became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.