::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Spitz

$$$$$

I want to do my swap myself but i just don't have the room to do it. So... i was wondering if anyone has gotten a jdm b18c swap done professionally and how much it cost them.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
seanjuan

hey, i'm looking at swaping a B16 into my 92 civic and had the same questions as you have. I called around to a bunch of "import" shops in the Minneapolis area and they all quoted me around $1000. I told them thank you very much and politely laughed at them as I hung up the phone. The sad thing is is that I'm sure there are people that pay that much.
Anyway, I decided that I would just buy a $200 engine hoist and do the work myself with the help of a few friends that know what they are doing in an engine bay.
then I called my regular mechanic where I go for oil changes, new cv joints, AC repair etc, and asked him how much it would cost to put in an engine and he said $400. so that is what I'm going to do because I will have much more confidence it the engine being connected properly and working much better

I would say call around to every place you can think of other than big chain stores or "speed/import" shops
good luck