::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2003, 11:12 PM   #1
VRGNCD5

Down for a 5th Gen Accord meet?

Nothing is set in stone yet, just trying to get an idea as to how many people are interested. I live in Sacramento so I 'd prefer it up here, but i'm willing to drive as far as San Jose. Anybody down? If so, let's start tossing around some ideas as to where to meet, what to do and when to have it.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:27 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm 4th gener here and it will take forever for me to drive form cleveland to sacramento ca

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:28 PM   #3
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
hmm 4th gener here and it will take forever for me to drive form cleveland to sacramento ca
if you make it down, I'll buy you a full tank of Chevron supreme w/techron
Old 05-03-2003, 03:12 PM   #4
CD5Passion

^ haha, if i drive from florida what will you buy me?
Old 05-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #5
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
^ haha, if i drive from florida what will you buy me?
a map so you don't get lost going back
Old 05-05-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
A_D

if a lot of people go i'll think about it cause im about 2 hours from sac
Old 05-05-2003, 11:01 PM   #7
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
if a lot of people go i'll think about it cause im about 2 hours from sac
last year they had 15 5th gens show up, hopefully we'll beat that this year. so are you north or south of sacramento?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM   #8
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

damn i duno how many people live in sac.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:15 AM   #9
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
damn i duno how many people live in sac.
looks like im the only one:( But it's cool, I posted this thread on all the other boards im on so it's gon' be alright
Old 05-06-2003, 06:30 AM   #10
rakugaki

wow! im glad i check back once in a while, lol , im down if its in the bay area (san jose is perfect!) =) actually, i gotta friend in davis, so davis,ca is as far as i go =P ....wait, CACHE CREEK!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #11
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by rakugaki
wow! im glad i check back once in a while, lol , im down if its in the bay area (san jose is perfect!) =) actually, i gotta friend in davis, so davis,ca is as far as i go =P ....wait, CACHE CREEK!
Yeah, San Jose would be nice for me too, I know that place like the back of my hand. But the meet isn't gonna be too far from there, in the Concord/Walnut Creek area, we've got the park down, just need to confirm a date. Most people are saying middle of July would be best, I say middle to end of June, whatcha think?
Old 05-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #12
A_D

i'm north of Sac. northwest actually
Old 05-06-2003, 10:33 PM   #13
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
i'm north of Sac. northwest actually
so you down to roll to Concord for the meet? It's gonna be July 12th.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #14
A_D

yeah concord aint shit for a drive. i'll probably be there.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:47 AM   #15
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
yeah concord aint shit for a drive. i'll probably be there.
looks like there are gonna be a few of us going down from the Sac area, wanna meet up is S.Sac and caravan down?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:34 PM   #16
VRGNCD5

Ok so here is the Info for the HS Northern Cali Meet. It is scheduled for Saturday July 12th, 2003. The meet is going to be around 12:30-1:00. Here is the address:

Heather Farm Park
301 N. San Carlos Drive
Walnut Creek, California 94596

Here is a link to the park.
http://www.ci.walnut-creek.ca.us/parks/heatherpark.htm

The plan as of now is to meet up there, and just hang out, a bbq has been suggested along with a drive. If you plan on attending, sign up here and plan on bringing some food to contribute to the bbq so there's enough to go around. When you sign up, also list what you can bring so we make sure we have all bases covered.

And for those of you in the sacramento area, pm me so we can arrange a meeting place the day of the meet so we can roll down there together.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:25 PM   #17
A_D

cool i'll probably be there
how many of us goin so far?
Old 05-15-2003, 09:12 AM   #18
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
cool i'll probably be there
how many of us goin so far?
myself, you, maybe one or two others from this board. But there are already 10-15 people signed up from HondaSociety.com, another 5 or so from HAN, so far it's looking pretty good considering it's not until another month. Hey bro, email me w/your approximate location, i'd like to round up all the sactown area folks, meet up somewhere and caravan down together, sound good? If so, email me at rkf76@yahoo.com and I'll make the arrangements.

Richard
Old 05-15-2003, 08:24 PM   #19
VRGNCD5

Aight folks, alot of the people who are signed up to go to the meet want to take a drive, one person through out the idea of heading to the San Leandro marina, not exactly what I'd call scenic. I like this drive(link will be posted at bottom). On a clear day(which it should be come the middle of July) you can see more land than anywhere else on the entire planet earth except for Mt. Kilamunjuro in South Africa. Check it out.
Scenic drive from Walnut Creek
Old 05-15-2003, 10:06 PM   #20
A_D

yeah i vote on mt. diablo. i've hiked that mountain before, jesus the veiw from the top is so ****ing incredible. seriously.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:31 PM   #21
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by A_D
yeah i vote on mt. diablo. i've hiked that mountain before, jesus the veiw from the top is so ****ing incredible. seriously.
yeah, according(no pun intended ) to the site, the view from atop the summit is second only to Mt. Kilamenjaro for the amout of land that can be seen from it
Old 05-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #22
A_D

i don't doubt it. its amazing.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:43 PM   #23
rakugaki

Quote:
Originally posted by VRGNCD5
....one person through out the idea of heading to the San Leandro marina, not exactly what I'd call scenic....

who said san leandro~!?!?! lol, represent! im down for the meet! anything you require cept for food?
Old 05-22-2003, 08:06 PM   #24
VRGNCD5

Quote:
who said san leandro~!?!?! lol, represent! im down for the meet! anything you require cept for food?
Actually, the San Leandro idea got tossed out, we're doing it in Walnut Creek, which is only like 30 miles away. You still down? No requirements other than food. Just come out, chill, get ur grub on, go on the drive to Mt. Diablo, and have fun. If you go up a couple posts, you will see the address and name of the park we're having it at, as well as a link so you can see what the park looks like a little bit. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #25
VRGNCD5

A_D, check ur pm's.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:38 PM   #26
A_D

cool
just curious, what kinda mods do you have done to your car?
me i just have a system in there right now, plan on getting clear corners and carbon fiber taillights soon, and lowering it over the summer
Old 05-29-2003, 12:49 AM   #27
VRGNCD5

I only have a few mods, you can check out my car here
Old 07-04-2003, 08:29 PM   #28
VRGNCD5

Hey guys, the meet is next saturday, we've got about 30 cars confirmed so far. We'd like more to come out, the more the merrier.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:50 PM   #29
rakugaki

wee!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #30
VRGNCD5

Quote:
wee!
you still going right? gonna meet up w/us and caravan down?
Old 07-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #31
vtracer20

i would love to goto the meet but unfortunatly i live 3500 miles away and driving that much would be crazy...sorrry guys...send many pics after meet
Old 07-05-2003, 01:10 AM   #32
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by vtracer20
i would love to goto the meet but unfortunatly i live 3500 miles away and driving that much would be crazy...sorrry guys...send many pics after meet
aw come on man, 3500 miles ain't nothing
Old 07-05-2003, 04:24 AM   #33
rakugaki

Quote:
Originally posted by VRGNCD5
you still going right? gonna meet up w/us and caravan down?

oh hell yeah im still going =). but hey, you guys are meeting in fairfield right? maybe i can drive up there and we'll go from there (so i dont get lost on the way to the park) eh???
Old 07-05-2003, 09:38 AM   #34
VRGNCD5

Quote:
oh hell yeah im still going =). but hey, you guys are meeting in fairfield right? maybe i can drive up there and we'll go from there (so i dont get lost on the way to the park) eh???
sweet. This is the deal, us Sacramento peeps are hooking up at Starbucks here in Sacramento at 10am, we're gonna head out no later than 11. We're gonna stop in Fairfield to pick up two cars w/H22 swaps, and possibly a third car. So yeah, if you can meet us there, that'd be sweet. Here are the directions to our meeting point in Fairfield:

Take 80 west exit waterman. Go through 1 stoplight to the second light and make a left into safeway parking lot and cars will meet in the back near Strings and Blockbuster video at around 11:30-11:45

See you there
Old 07-09-2003, 02:31 AM   #35
AcCoRd97Lx

forgot i had an acct here
Old 07-18-2003, 09:11 PM   #36
VRGNCD5

anybody wanna see some pics of our bomb azz meet?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:21 AM   #37
rakugaki

i would like to see picts! ! sorry 'bout not making it out there last sat, i had a family thing to go to in frisco along with my friends b-day at night ,but it's all good right?
Old 07-24-2003, 01:56 AM   #38
aznriceownz

i wanna see pics
Old 07-25-2003, 01:54 AM   #39
VRGNCD5

Quote:
i would like to see picts! ! sorry 'bout not making it out there last sat, i had a family thing to go to in frisco along with my friends b-day at night ,but it's all good right?
it's cool mang, we had a good time though. Got another meet coming up, Saturday August 9th, in Sacramento. Either gonna be at Miller Park or Sacramento Raceway

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/Ho...5NTQx&oc=False