Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2001, 09:57 PM   #1
STDHatchback91

4 to 5 speed question?

Hey,
I'm buying a 91 Civic Hatchback in 2 weeks off my friends dad for $1000, the body is in excellent shape, butit has 200,000 miles on it. I guess it's a std (no not that kind). It's a 4 speed manual, base line, absolutely nothing on it =). I'm planning on swapin a b16a over the winter, i am goin to start ordering everything within the next 2-3 weeks. I've asked this to others and i only get a simple "replace the hubs". Is that all i need besides the typical Mounts, axles etc.. If so what model do i get the hubs off. I have a few more questions while i'm on the subject. First off has anyone done the swap along with the SiR cluster? Is it hard to wire, cuz i want my gauges to read correctly. Also is there a company that mkes a turbo kit that will fit the b16a? I've contacted Unorthodox about pulleys, clutch etc.. Where else can i get performance upgrades for it? Plugs, wires, cam gears, pistons, etc...? I have some more questions but i'll ask them seperatly. Thanks in advance guys.
Peace
-Deze-
Old 11-11-2001, 10:20 PM   #2
slowEJ6

mods for the B16 are plentiful. im not familiar with 4g swaps, but you can check out http://hybrid.honda-perf.org cuz they have a 4g tech section for goin hybrid.
but yeah, you can find mods for the b16 everywhere, you can even use stuff off the gsr and itr and ctr as well to work with your car, such as ITR or CTR camshafts.....
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 10:22 PM   #3
STDHatchback91

Wow! That was a fast reply. Thanks. Any one else with info?
-Deze-
Old 11-12-2001, 01:24 AM   #4
OneDopeTeg

Greddy has a 50 state legal turbo kit for the B16A and I believe HKS is currently working on getting their kit smog certified.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #5
hondapower

Try b16a.honda-perf.org the guy has a lot of info for your swap.