::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
Importtunerdude

accord H22a swap

how hard and can any body give me details on what this would consist of to do it right and make it loook nice thanx
Old 04-27-2003, 10:30 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well if we would know about what car you are driving maybe we could give you some details

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Importtunerdude

sorry but it would be a 91 accord ex four door
Old 04-27-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

www.h22a.org/4thgenswap.html

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
JDMB16

did the link wrong

http://www.h22a.org/4gswap.htm
Old 04-30-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
AzCivic

I say keep what you got(F22 right?) and turbo it.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:46 PM   #7
chase

let me do it for you and you will be happy, by the way where are you? there are a ton of little things that will go wrong and a ton of things that will have to be done. do you want a 5 speed? is your car 5 speed already? do you want a lsd with the swap? give some specifics and we can give you some answers.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
B18HaTcH92

g2 moviecarz.com and then fetures
Old 06-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #9
rlj51

Hey Chase,

I will answer for him. I have a 1990 4-door Accord LX, with a 5-spd manual transmission. I don't care about an LSD. Tell me about the swap and what problems I will run into. Thanks!

Randy
Old 06-20-2003, 06:44 AM   #10
chase

do a search on here and any other boards that you may be a member of. 2 other ones are www.hondasociety.com and www.h22a.org. the first one is down for maintainance right now, but there is a wealth of knowledge on both of them. then come back and ask specific questions that you still want answers to. im not being a hard-ass, its just a lot easier and faster like that. and you can even bookmark the pages to find them easier later. and i wont have 15 posts that are 2 pages each. i am going to e-mail some pics when i have time to someone of a swap, do you want some also?
Old 06-23-2003, 11:04 AM   #11
rlj51

Yeah I have done a bunch of research on those sites. Unfortunately you get a lot of conflicting information.

For instance, would it be worth it to keep my old tranny, or should I find a Prelude one?

Also, how about an H23A swap to save some $$$? Worth it?

And yeah I would love some pics!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:17 PM   #12
chase

what is the end objective of the car? is it to be a quick daily driver, 1/4 track car, autocross car, something to play with? that is the first question that you need to ask and answer and be able to stick with so make sure that it fits in with your time and money requirements. think about those things and reply and ill give you some quotes and ideas and advice. i found some of the pics, ill have to dig the rest of them up. make sure i have an e-mail addy to send to.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #13
rlj51

Chase, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I am looking for a quick daily driver. I am not planning on purchasing a different car anytime in the near future, so I want to keep this a very streetable, reliable daily driver. I love the roomines and comfort of the Accord, but the engine is only "adequate". I would like more performance. I don't plan on doing much to the interior or exterior. I want it to look relatively "Stock" so to speak. A sleeper if you will =. It would be nice if it passed emission without a problem too!

Hope that gives you enough info to go off of. Email pics to rlj51@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
chase

your best bet then is to do the h22a swap with a h22a trans,. lsd if you want and can afford it and the usual bolt-ons. intake header, exhaust, maybe some cam gears and vafc. that should do you very nicely. and some money left over for the dyno tuning.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:40 PM   #15
rlj51

What kind of prices do you have on engines?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:44 PM   #16
chase

i am actually out of lsd trans right now and am waiting on the warehouse to call me back for a price on a swap for another customer--ill pm you when i get it.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:38 PM   #17
vtracer20

chase were are u located? and how much would a h22a swap run a person that is willing to really spend money?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:20 AM   #18
chase

i am in north mississippi. shop is in louisville and home is in ackerman. my real name is michael. i should have a non-lsd swap still in stock, they havent called me to tell me that its sold yet. shipped it would be around 2,350-2,400. yes its higher than some others, but its quality and service that makes it like that. i have never--never had any quality issues with my main supplier. i am trying to make them my only supplier, but they dont get as many lsd units as others do. if you want lsd--we can always special order it. if you want an estimate on install and everything, i need some more information on your car and what you want it to do when we are done, as well as any upgrades you want done with the install.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
muhf41

Dude,
Sorry about the weird replies, Just to let you know, last weekend I put a 97 JDM H22a in my 90 dx, Did it in two days. Have not got to run it yet because I need a downpipe from my header to mt cat and an external coil. I would have been a faster swap if I was more motivated to do it in a day. Anyway, I used my f22 manual tranny but upgraded the clutch. Fuel rail had to come off of the f22 and some plugs from the engine harness. All in all, so easy and well worth it. My homie has the same car but a 92 ex and it is real fun and fast with my reprogrammed ecu in it! Let me know if I can help and I hope this does!
Late
Old 07-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #20
muhf41

Dude,