::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2003, 03:14 PM   #1
knght66

IDEAS! Needed

Hey everyone. Im new to the boards and new to the Accord. I have a 2002 Accord Coupe sitting in my driveway waiting to be driven. Haven't yet got the title and regi so I'm just waiting. Anyway heres the deal. The rear bumper has NO SPOT for the license plate. Do I put in the rear window with some sorta of white neon tube? Do i put it on the bottom left side of the bumper? Or bottom center? ???? Any ideas??

Here is my car...http://www.wantaghlife.com/car/images/Picture%20106.jpg

Any Ideas??
Old 03-28-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
ShEaNy

hmmmm get a really strong adessive and put it on the bumper in the middle??? the back window u should get a ticket....i dunno nice car so far from the rear..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:26 PM   #3
eviljayr

was all the work already done when you got it?
Old 03-29-2003, 07:01 AM   #4
knght66

Yeah the guy who sold it to me is family. he owns the shop and did the work. It's a hot car. Wasn't planning on buying it since my cougar lease isnt up till August but i couldnt pass it up

http://www.wantaghlife.com/car/FrameSet.htm

Wanna, remove the stickers, tint the windows, intake, maybe springs, strut bar, fix up the interior. IDK im new to this...lol...
Old 03-29-2003, 10:38 AM   #5
RU_Teg

really nice accord u have there! I would see if i could drill some holes in the rear bumper to put the license plate there with some plastic straps...u will get a ticket for putting it on back window..
Old 03-29-2003, 01:00 PM   #6
blind34_1

since the guy who sold it to you is family, maybe hell be niceenough to do some more work for you for cheap. Ask him to make a small recess to mount a license plate on the bumper.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #7
eviljayr

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
since the guy who sold it to you is family, maybe hell be niceenough to do some more work for you for cheap. Ask him to make a small recess to mount a license plate on the bumper.

i was about to say the same.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #8
Grip72

nice car....man i never knew a 5speed accord v6 actually existed!!! niiiiiice
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #9
knght66

Its a 4 : but I want to get an intake, any companies I should stick with? Avoid? With the plate, I found this polished alum. frame with a built in light. Once I get it I'm gonna see about placement. I think you are all right about the window.

I guess I can just take the 2 neon tubes I got and throw 'em out...OR set them up under me seats to light up when the doors open???
Old 04-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #10
blind34_1

dont throw your neons away, you could at least sell them. Actually, I think neons are just fine as long as you can only see the glow. exposed tubes are a no no.

for an air intake, the top brands are AEM, Injen, and I beleive K&N just came out with new air intakes tuned for the newer cars 2000 and above. they call them the V2's..

avoid the cheap crap like APC, Matrix, etc.

you can always make your own air intake using mandrel bent tubing, hack saw, and rubber pipe fittings for around 60-70 bucks.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #11
knght66

Well, Im still waiting for my title!!! AND theres snow everywhere...this sucks. I took your advice and picked up an injen intake. So still waiting....
Old 04-11-2003, 06:57 AM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

yeah the car looks really good. I for the license plate put it in the window
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote