.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #41
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Rob, you said about women are better care givers to the children....what do you think about the men that are awarded full custody of their children?

well for starters that never happens it always lands that the mother gets the kids. Some women should have their tubs tied because theyare horrible mothers. But in GENERAL women are known to be better care givers then men.

As for the double standards about sleeping around, im not sure why that started or even where it started. And I rarely have called a girl a slut, I can remember only two times in my life where I have meet a real slut the rest just wished they were.

My question to you is, how do you know women in the work force wasn't a backwards step for society? Devorce rates have never been higher, women no cheat on men more then men cheat on women. Seems to me its a bad thing. No one said you had to sit around all day... where did you get that idea?
Old 11-13-2002, 06:14 PM   #42
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
well for starters that never happens it always lands that the mother gets the kids. Some women should have their tubs tied because theyare horrible mothers. But in GENERAL women are known to be better care givers then men.

As for the double standards about sleeping around, im not sure why that started or even where it started. And I rarely have called a girl a slut, I can remember only two times in my life where I have meet a real slut the rest just wished they were.

My question to you is, how do you know women in the work force wasn't a backwards step for society? Devorce rates have never been higher, women no cheat on men more then men cheat on women. Seems to me its a bad thing. No one said you had to sit around all day... where did you get that idea?

It doesn't always happen that the mothers get the children. I agree that there are some horrible mothers out there and shouldn't be having children.

Who is to say that the reason that divorce rates increased so much cuz women are now in the workforce? I would tend to believe that the reason why divorce rates are so high is because someone in the relationship is unfaithful, or because they got married too young and before they were ready to, or because one of the persons wasn't getting what they thought they should out of the relationship. I know that people vow to spend the rest of their lives with the person they marry...and I believe that vow shouldn't be broken. BUT I look at 2 very important women in my life when it comes to marriage/divorce....my mom and my grandma. My grandma has been married to my a-hole grandfather for like 50 yrs almost. I'm pretty sure he beat her when they were younger and my mom was a kid. He pisses away all his money towards old bicycles and coins and new cars that he only keeps for like 1 yr. Because of him pissing away all his money, my grandma has to pay for everything that goes on in the house they live in. She supports him. She always said that she wouldn't get a divorce before because of the kids. She didn't want her kids to come from a "broken" home I guess. So, she's still married to him and COMPLETELY MISERABLE!!! Why would anyone want to spend their remaining years (or any of their years) that miserable??? I think I'd rather be shot in the head!

Now my mom on the other hand is now remarried to my step dad. Her and my biological sperm donor got a divorce after she found out that he had cheated on her. My parents were very young (18-19) when they got married. It amazes me that their marriage lasted 10 yrs like it did. I'm sure that wasn't the first time my dad cheated on my mom, but that was sorta the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

I look at these women and I use them to guide my life. I don't want to end up miserable married to some shithead like my grandma...nor do i want to rush into a marriage just to have it end like my mom did.

I don't think the entry of women into the workforce is the cause of divorce or the cause of more women to cheat. Why do men cheat? Cuz they aren't getting what they need from the relationship they expect it from. Women cheat for the same reason.

As for the sitting around all day...I guess it was an assumption of mine after reading your paragraphy "people dont know their roles. girls seem to want to go out and work when their kids are growing up and the husband stay at home. everyone knows that bs because women are better care givers then men. " Specifically the "husband stay at home" part.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:15 PM   #43
mt.biker

blah.. i agree to disagree
Old 11-13-2002, 08:27 PM   #44
spoogenet

There are double standards, some favor men some favor women. The statement that women do NOT have equal rights is true, plain and simple. Sometimes men get the better end of the deal, other times women get the better. When it comes to the legal system, women usually are favored over men. This holds true for rape, assault, divorce settlements to name a few. Some are justified whereas others are improperly biased, it's never perfect.

I don't want kids all that bad, but if I ever have kids them dammit one of us is going to stay home and raise them. I can be flexible on very much in my life, but I think it is very important for children to be raised by their own to parents. Having children is not a simple priviledge, it is a gigantic responsibility. I see people take better care of their dogs and cats than their own children. That's just sad. We are innately social beings but the bond with the family runs very deep within us. Having someone else raise our kids undermines the bond of the family. I'd be more than happy to stay home and raise the kids (if I can be convinced to have them in the first place). I can cook, clean, and perform varying other tasks. My dream in life is to get a sugar momma to earn money while I can stay home. It may sound bad, but really I don't think it is. But if my wife wants to stay home, I totally support her. If she wants to work, I totally support her. But I won't let both of us work just so we can live a "comfortable lifestyle" and raise our kids rich or something. You can be rich without any money. One must make sacrifices for the children, a career is merely one of those offerings on the sacrifice table.

I was raised in varying locations throughout the world. Every 3-4 years I moved, got new friends, learned a new place, then moved again. The main thing keeping me sane is that I have a loving family that has always been there for each other. No matter what happens in my life I can always fall back on my family. I recognize that not everybody has been blessed with such a fortunate upbringing. However I also recognize that a lot of parents didn't try hard enough to make their family be a true family rather than a collection of strangers living under one roof. Too many people get married for all the wrong reasons or at the wrong time which, in short, explains the divorce rate. People get married out of lust and call it love. People think they know someone when they really don't. If a guy or a girl has a propencity to cheat repeatedly, that's something you ought to be aware of before getting married. People get so caught up in the lust of their "love" that they are blind to the fallacies and shortcomings of their partner.

End of rant.

b
Old 11-13-2002, 08:43 PM   #45
mt.biker

^ props, nicely stated!

Both my parents work, and we have a live in nanny when I was younger. My father was a vice-pres of D&H (prodived all the checks for the 3 largest banks in Canada) and my mother has worked in head office at the TD-Canada Trust bank in toronto. My family has been a carrer family all long. I'm not sure that its nessary for one of your parents to raise you but i do think its the better way.
I've grown up more mature that 3/4 of the students my age and I would have to say its because I wasn't babied when I was little. But now there is such a high expectation that I "go somewhere' in life and that sucks. I have so much to live up to because my parents came from nothing and now are something. I feel the pressure everyday when I talk to either of my parents because I'm bitching about school and they're telling me "wait till you get out into the real world son...."

blah where am i going with this... dunno really.. alright i'll shut up now
Old 11-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #46
cstrom80

I dont know where that came from Mt. Biker but I feel you. I don't really want to get into it... but, I just wanted to say that I know exactly where you are coming from. My dad owns an 81 million dollar company and expects me to follow in his footsteps.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:40 PM   #47
DomesticImport

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
That Korean girl is HOT.

Imports kick ass!!! I'll take an import over domestic anyday, be it a car, beer, woman, gadget, food, etc.

b

well i dont know i would have to say they are about Equal in my opinion domestics/imports, both have the potential to be amazing

here is pics of foreign... then will come domestic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imports.jpg (109.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 11-14-2002, 06:46 PM   #48
DomesticImport

domestics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg domestics.jpg (111.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 11-14-2002, 07:19 PM   #49
mt.biker

it must be a person think but imports look less sluty then domestic girls.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:09 PM   #50
juvenile

I can agree with you on some level, but that bottom "import" chic looks VERY slutty to me
I like both!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:23 PM   #51
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I can agree with you on some level, but that bottom "import" chic looks VERY slutty to me

Even though she was barely clothed the Korean girl was the "hottest/prettiest" girl posted on here so far....at least I think. She was just very natural looking...which is pretty in it's own right.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #52
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Even though she was barely clothed the Korean girl was the "hottest/prettiest" girl posted on here so far....at least I think. She was just very natural looking...which is pretty in it's own right.

Wow, you're cooler than I thought you were.. Sorry for underevaluating your coolness!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:33 PM   #53
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Wow, you're cooler than I thought you were.. Sorry for underevaluating your coolness!

I think that's a compliment....and if so thanks....if not

hehe

Old 11-15-2002, 02:39 AM   #54
R32'nMEM

Well, for me..its usually summed up like this "hierarchy":

The One-everything wrapped up into you. Looks,
personality,looks,has goals...oops, I said looks twice!!
Gorgeous-You seriously belong in the pages of Maxim and I
have no chance to be with you
Hot-Very nice to look at once or twice because I will never be
with you
Pretty-You look great at this point in time, but what do you look
like without the makeup and extra thingys in your hair
Cute-Girl next door type that could show an intelligent side

Then monstrosity-ooohhhh uummm, just , uh skip that one.....
Old 11-15-2002, 09:02 AM   #55
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by R32'nMEM
Pretty-You look great at this point in time, but what do you look
like without the makeup and extra thingys in your hair

I feel ya on that one.

That bottom import wasn't the hottest, but those to domestics were pretty skank IMO. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good fine American women in this country.....however I must say that the best looking woman I have ever seen in my life is Asian. Most of the best looking women IMO are Asian, Europe has some mighty fine women as well. Hispanic women kick ass too. American women.....well, in general I am less attracted to them.

b
Old 11-15-2002, 09:07 AM   #56
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I've been called hot, pretty and cute, probably even ugly (just not to my face), but I think being natural looking is the way to go. I wear make up, but I always try to look natural, even for special occasions. Sometimes less is more. There's so much more to me than the way I look and if a guy can't see past that, then I don't want to waste my time. Sure, I want guys to find me attractive, but I'd hope that isn't all they look for. I can't stand guys who only want girls for their looks. This is my rating system for guys:

Hot: guys I like to stare at and drool over , but usually not the ones I fall for

Cute: guys I like to look at and possibly get to know

Alright looking: guys that get a glance and maybe get to know

Nasty: pretty self explanatory

Most guys for me fall into the cute and alright looking categories, with exception of a few.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 11-15-2002 at 10:25 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 10:56 AM   #57
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I've been called hot, pretty and cute, probably even ugly (just not to my face), but I think being natural looking is the way to go. I wear make up, but I always try to look natural, even for special occasions. Sometimes less is more. There's so much more to me than the way I look and if a guy can't see past that, then I don't want to waste my time. Sure, I want guys to find me attractive, but I'd hope that isn't all they look for. I can't stand guys who only want girls for their looks. This is my rating system for guys:

Hot: guys I like to stare at and drool over , but usually not the ones I fall for

Cute: guys I like to look at and possibly get to know

Alright looking: guys that get a glance and maybe get to know

Nasty: pretty self explanatory

Most guys for me fall into the cute and alright looking categories, with exception of a few.

I would call you hot or cute..... what type is your type?
Old 11-15-2002, 11:16 AM   #58
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I would call you hot or cute..... what type is your type?

Thank you Rob for the compliment. I tend to go after the cute guys, but sometimes the alright looking guys are worth the time too!
Old 11-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #59
DomesticImport

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I've been called hot, pretty and cute, probably even ugly (just not to my face), but I think being natural looking is the way to go. I wear make up, but I always try to look natural, even for special occasions. Sometimes less is more. There's so much more to me than the way I look and if a guy can't see past that, then I don't want to waste my time. Sure, I want guys to find me attractive, but I'd hope that isn't all they look for. I can't stand guys who only want girls for their looks.

i think the natural look is the best look on girls in my opinion, the less makeup the better.

i dont go only for looks like you say some guys do, but i do count it towards the First Impression.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:36 PM   #60
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by DomesticImport
i think the natural look is the best look on girls in my opinion, the less makeup the better.

i dont go only for looks like you say some guys do, but i do count it towards the First Impression.

very true... have u seen that no doubt video... where she starts out all full of makeup, then at the end she dosnt have any on.. she looked so much better without any makeup on

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 04:54 PM   #61
DomesticImport

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
very true... have u seen that no doubt video... where she starts out all full of makeup, then at the end she dosnt have any on.. she looked so much better without any makeup on

no i havent seen it yet.. ill have to check it out though
Old 11-15-2002, 05:04 PM   #62
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I would add Beautiful..

ive only ever seen 2 girls in real life that i consider to be beautiful... and those girls are like omg that is dream woman thanks... and its not like model hot, its different

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:59 PM   #63
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DomesticImport

true dat.

Most girls I know look much better without makeup. Especially the oens who cake it on so thick it looks like plaster on a wall. Although I must admit some people do look better with lots of makeup.....like stage makeup.

b
Old 11-27-2002, 12:50 PM   #64
SofaKingSmooth

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
There is a little bit of a heirarchy with the wording....for me, "hot" refers to the whole female - looks, body, the way she presents herself, etc. Cute is looks (face) only - pretty eyes, nice hair, and teeth, teeth are a big thing with me. A pretty smile usually gets my attention pretty quickly.

"Pretty" - If I say a girl is pretty, it's usually when a girl is good looking but not someone that I find attractive to me....

wow................... rob such words of wisdom, but i also say that she is better than a poke in the eye, = she is not ugly but not pleasing to look at, it is not nice to say but you can get a rough idea with it also.....

it is hard to say when a girl looks good i meen my neighbor brings home girls all the time that make me loose my food but to him they are top of the charts, it is all about standords and how long you have been where you are seeing the people, new people always look better,... well most of the time
Old 11-28-2002, 03:47 PM   #65
02_Si
2nd Gear

Hey DsBlu01CivEX ... what is the difference when you call a guy hot/ cute/ or fine.. or whatever you call dudes?
Old 11-28-2002, 03:48 PM   #66
02_Si
2nd Gear

PS... that Korean chick is damn hot.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:57 PM   #67
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_Si
Hey DsBlu01CivEX ... what is the difference when you call a guy hot/ cute/ or fine.. or whatever you call dudes?

a hot guy(aka "humina humina guys) would be one that I just like to check out and keep tabs on to as where he's at say at the bar or club....one that I don't have the confidence to go talk to and "hit" on.

a cute guy would be what i would call a guy Erin thinks is hot, but he doesn't really do much for me, but he's attractive, just not my type. But then again, when I see a guy that I would have the confidence to go talk to I normally say that I think he's cute. Our words can be used interchangably. All guys that fall into this category would also be the guys that I say that "I wouldn't kick him out of bed" about.

My friends and I typically rate guys with numbers rather than words. We call it our "Do-ability scale".

Old 11-28-2002, 05:21 PM   #68
02_Si
2nd Gear

I see... thanks for the info... A hot girl to me is one that is way out of my league.. sometimes you gotta know when a girl looks too good and you'll just look like a damn fool if you even try.

A cute girl is a girl that usually ends up looking better if she has a good personality. She's attractive at first, but only enough for me to want to talk to her, not want to jump all over her.

A pretty girl is kind like "the girl next door." She's pretty, but in a sweet way. She has nice skin, a good smile. But she's too conservative. She's more than likely Morman or some bummer like that.

Hey DsBlu01CivEX, I read your profile.. whatcha going to school for? Whatcha wanna do when you graduate?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:08 PM   #69
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by 02_Si

Hey DsBlu01CivEX, I read your profile.. whatcha going to school for? Whatcha wanna do when you graduate?

check your PMs

Old 12-01-2002, 12:36 AM   #70
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
check your PMs

cheating cheating cheating!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 12:43 AM   #71
juvenile

Quote:
*ahem* stalker stalker stalker *ahem* :o lol j/k
Old 12-01-2002, 12:44 AM   #72
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
*ahem* stalker stalker stalker *ahem* :o

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-01-2002, 12:49 AM   #73
juvenile

Haha...gotcha! <---that's me! lol
just messin with ya man!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:00 AM   #74
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Haha...gotcha! <---that's me! lol
just messin with ya man!

lol...that's alright...you'll slip up and I'll getcha back

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-01-2002, 06:01 PM   #75
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:

no i just didn't want to whore the thread with posts that didn't actually have anything to do with what the thread is about....

Old 12-01-2002, 08:06 PM   #76
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
no i just didn't want to whore the thread with posts that didn't actually have anything to do with what the thread is about....

oh...o.k.....me =

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-01-2002, 09:43 PM   #77
SofaKingSmooth

Quote:
oh...o.k.....me =

ya rob your good at the old thing
Old 12-02-2002, 08:52 AM   #78
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
oh...o.k.....me =

it's all good

Old 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #79
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
it's all good

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-02-2002, 06:54 PM   #80
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
a cute guy would be what i would call a guy Erin thinks is hot, but he doesn't really do much for me, but he's attractive, just not my type.

So are you saying the guys I think are hot aren't hot enough for you D?