.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
incubus86

opinions please....

In a few different posts I have meantioned this girl from my past that I was with for close to 5 years. Well She had cheated on my over spring break back in march and well she contacted me last week and we hung out, and i was with her again last night. Anyway, thats not what I want the opinion on.

So this girl has something over me. She is everything that I could ever think of...besides the fact that she cheated on me. Anyway. When I checked my voicemail last week and heard her voice, It sent chills through my body and i actually trembled the rest of the way home. When I see this girl, she still gives me butterflies, thats how much i feel for this girl. Anyway, I refer to that feeling, I would guess you should call it anxiety, to Soul sweatin.

opinion on these lyrics that i came up with:

Soul Sweatin’

Thought we would stay together
But you didn’t feel the same
You found another lover
Left me half insane

Now you call me on the phone
‘ haven’t seen you in a long long time
You know I never really moved on
Your love stayed up in my mind

Now my soul’s sweatin
Feelings from long ago
My whole life’s upsettin
And I’m ready to explode

Now we’ve been hangin out
Seems like it used to be
Oh and it feels so right
Do you feel the same about me?

I’m doin fine but I’m afraid
Should I let you back inside?
Can’t tell what to do
Maybe I’ll run and hide.

Now my soul’s sweatin
Feelings from long ago
My whole life’s upsettin
And I’m ready to explode
Old 08-15-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
msvtec14

Ok, so now I know why you asked me that in the other forum about girls and the whole indecisive thing. Honestly, I really think that you tell her to go screw as hard as that seems. A. She cheated on you. Who's to say that she won't do it again? B. Do you really want to risk putting yourself through that again? C. She knows that she has some sort of power over you if she can do something so messed up and you'll still take her back. That's NOT COOL. D. When you're not with her, somewhere in the back of your mind, you'll always be wondering if she is cheating on you. That would tear me apart. If someone ever cheated on me, I would first get sick to my stomach and then never be able to trust that person again. Obviously, you have a big heart and you're really in love with this girl but she doesn't deserve you. I think that you should just move on with your life and don't include her. As hard as it sounds, it's better off for you in the long run.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
incubus86

Right-
Thank you for your opinion of the situation. I don't know whats going to happen. I'm not rushing into anything, and I'm letting her come to me, thats the best way to go about it. If it is meant to be, then it will just happen...
But for my musical talent, what do you people think of the lyrics. It is geared towards more of a blues/jazz type feel if that helps you when reading what kind of beat will go along with them.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:47 AM   #4
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
Right-
Thank you for your opinion of the situation. I don't know whats going to happen. I'm not rushing into anything, and I'm letting her come to me, thats the best way to go about it. If it is meant to be, then it will just happen...
But for my musical talent, what do you people think of the lyrics. It is geared towards more of a blues/jazz type feel if that helps you when reading what kind of beat will go along with them.

I think they're really good. Me personally, I can hear a song and it can sound like the shit but if the lyrics are stupid and totally meaningless then the song is not the shit anymore. It's just shit. But hey, you just said you're letting her come to you and if it's meant to be it will be. It "will be" because of your feelings for her. It's hard not to be blinded by love BUT don't forget what she did and how that made you feel, ok?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:50 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I think those lyrics rock.. course.. music would probably sound better cause they just didnt go with the beat that was in my head, but the lyrics are good none the less.

Hook it up with some music and let us hear!
Old 08-15-2002, 11:53 AM   #6
incubus86

ok cool.
I haven't written lyrics in a long time and I'm just looking for opinions on the lyrics.

side note
If i do decide to get back with this girl, things would be great, and you're right, in my mind i may wonder whats going on. But if I don't take a chance, I can't live with the fact that I may have let the love of my life walk out of my life. So to me, in the end, I guess it is worth getting hurt again, or worrying about whats going on when i'm not around. Trust can be rebuilt. and people can be forgiven, as long as things aren't forgotten!
Old 08-15-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well, if your gonna go for it with her... Good Luck..
Old 08-15-2002, 12:34 PM   #8
msvtec14

Quote:
ok cool.
I haven't written lyrics in a long time and I'm just looking for opinions on the lyrics.

side note
If i do decide to get back with this girl, things would be great, and you're right, in my mind i may wonder whats going on. But if I don't take a chance, I can't live with the fact that I may have let the love of my life walk out of my life. So to me, in the end, I guess it is worth getting hurt again, or worrying about whats going on when i'm not around. Trust can be rebuilt. and people can be forgiven, as long as things aren't forgotten!

That's a really good point that you have. I did think that way once but shit hit the fan again, you know? I let myself get burned by the same person more than once so I hope you know I'm just looking out. I know I may sound somewhat bitter towards that whole situation that you're going through. You seem like a very intelligent person and you know what you're doing. Just stay in control. I totally agree with you about taking the chance because you don't want to wake up one day and wonder what if? With whatever happens with this whole thing, it will be the best because it's what was meant to happen. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:34 PM   #9
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Thats cool incubus, you do what you gotta do man.. in the end its your choice

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #10
mt.biker

dude i'm gonna say dont take her back... but if you do dont let yourself get burned a 3rd time if she cheats on you. If she messes around again dont let her back in your life.

Dude i think you underestimate the impact of having a cheater for a lover. you gonna mess with your mind mate.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:57 AM   #11
msvtec14

Basically, you need to do what is in your heart but don't at all forget what your mind says at the same time in this matter. I guess I can say that I ignored certain bad qualities in a person and in the end it only caused more problems for me. So seriously, I know I keep saying it but take everything into consieration.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:11 AM   #12
DsBlu01CivEX

The lyrics were good...yah they didn't go with the music in my head either...but the words themselves were good.

On a side note about the girl. I sorta know what you're going through. Only mine is with a guy (obviously)....my ex to be exact. Girls aren't the only indecisive ones! And i get the same way you do around your girl as i get around my ex. I know in my head and heart that he is an ass and I shouldn't get back with him. But if he would ever ask again, I don't know what I would do. I'd hope that I'm strong enough not to take his loser ass back.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 09:06 AM   #13
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
The lyrics were good...yah they didn't go with the music in my head either...but the words themselves were good.

On a side note about the girl. I sorta know what you're going through. Only mine is with a guy (obviously)....my ex to be exact. Girls aren't the only indecisive ones! And i get the same way you do around your girl as i get around my ex. I know in my head and heart that he is an ass and I shouldn't get back with him. But if he would ever ask again, I don't know what I would do. I'd hope that I'm strong enough not to take his loser ass back.

This is what i dont get, why is it human nature to go back to something we already know yet we also know its bad for us? we all suffer from it and i've done it a few times, so i'm not pointing figures here. But its the same kinda thing as a woman staying with a husband that hits her wtf up with that?

D you better be strong!
Old 08-22-2002, 05:59 AM   #14
toykilla

I have one question..how the hell did you find out she cheated on you over spring break. Theres a couple rules for spring break. First off, its a big orgy. Everyone is gonna be screwing around with someone. Rule 1: Never bring your girl/man with you to where ever you go to spring break. You wont go home on talking terms. Rule 2: What happens on spring break stays there...
Old 08-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #15
msvtec14

ahhhhhh, come on. I'm sorry but regardless of if I was on spring break, I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to be with someone else. Call me crazy. I would never be able to come home and look my boyfriend in the eyes. At a party that my friends had for me during my last relationship (which was quite long) one of my guy friends kissed me and it was just a shock. But I felt all gross about it and got upset. I don't know, I just think if you don't have trust, you don't have anything.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:03 AM   #16
incubus86

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
ahhhhhh, come on. I'm sorry but regardless of if I was on spring break, I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to be with someone else. Call me crazy. I would never be able to come home and look my boyfriend in the eyes. At a party that my friends had for me during my last relationship (which was quite long) one of my guy friends kissed me and it was just a shock. But I felt all gross about it and got upset. I don't know, I just think if you don't have trust, you don't have anything.
thats cause you are a caring person!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:37 AM   #17
msvtec14

Thank you This may sound messed up but I think that you can be a caring person and still do something like that though. Me personally, I just wouldn't be able to. If I'm actually settled, in a relationship it's because I want to BE with him. Not other guys. That's why I'm not with anyone now because I'm just playin the field. And that doesn't mean I'm sleeping with all these random guys because that's just not my style. There are a lot of guys that just need to put it somewhere else sometimes. Yeah, that sucks and it can cause trust issues. My brother loves his girl more than anything in the world but he was really depressed and took his space and you know... That didn't make me think he loved her any less. He just took some time to get done what he felt he needed to do. It's weird.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #18
incubus86

in a sense, adds a little more spice.

No need to get back on that topic
Old 08-23-2002, 01:18 PM   #19
msvtec14

ha ha...adding salt to the boiling water, right?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:20 PM   #20
incubus86

Old 08-23-2002, 01:24 PM   #21
msvtec14

To be perfectly honest with you, the water that's starting to boil along with the all the spices are getting kinda boring. It's weird. I don't feel like "dating" or so to speak but I don't feel like being alone but I don't want to deal with a relationship. Any suggestions for that one? Don't say booty calls either.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #22
incubus86

are you afraid of a relationship?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:34 PM   #23
msvtec14

I'm not necessarily sure if I'm scared. I know that I will never let anyone do to me what my X just did to me. I've seen a lot of guys in the past 3 or 4 mos and there's just not any that I can see myself being with. Because I ignored qualities that I shouldn't have (bad ones) about my X because I was in love with him, I now just analyze everything about every guy that I see. I look at everything. I'm not one of those girls that needs to have my hand held every minute of every day. I don't need to be with my boyfriend everyday. I don't want to be. Space is key. Don't blow up my cell phone because I don't answer and call me 20 times. I think the guys that I've been seeing act more like a girl than I do when it comes to relationships. They get way too attached, way too fast. Yuck to clinginess.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:40 PM   #24
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Since i havent been in a relationship in so long its not even funny i cant comment on thatb ut what i can comment on is this. Even seeing my friend ***** because he cant see his girlfriend one day out PISSES ME OFF SO BAD... AHHHHH

Drop it man, you want to be with her because she deserves better than you, and your scared that if shes away from you for more than a day yoru going to realize it.. its my biggest pet peeve when people ***** about things like that...

write that down

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 01:46 PM   #25
incubus86

I see.
I think that you haven't met the right person then. See, I believe that it will hit you like rinning into a wall when you want to be with someone. And when you are with that person, you won't be analyzing them, you'll be admiring them instead.
Some guys try to hard i guess. Thats my explaination about the guys that you've been seeing. I use to be one of those guys. I use to feel that i needed things to be the way that i had them in my mind, because if i wasn't sure about it, then I had a problem and I would try to fix something that wasn't even broken.
But I've learned to chill. And it drives girls crazy. Things don't bother me like they use to...and I am content with just chillen by myself.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:10 PM   #26
msvtec14

Oh, I know that I haven't met the right person. But, then again I think when I do, I'm going to be scared that I'll get too comfortable and then he'll just screw me over like the last one. I'm not a b*tch at all. I'm a good girl. I really am and I didn't deserve that and he even said that when he called to say he was sorry and blah, blah, blah. Maybe that was my problem. I was too good to him. I definitely agree with what you said about some of them that try to hard. One of them made this whole big issue about the fact that he wasn't into cars as that is a huge part of my life. I'm also content with being by myself. I have a lot of fun w/my friends and going out and all that. But there's always that time where you're sitting there doing something and think about what a plus it would be to have that someone else there too. But that's the totally wrong reason for wanting to be in a relationship. It always backfires.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:13 PM   #27
incubus86

Hmm....
let me ponder I'll get back to you
Old 08-23-2002, 02:15 PM   #28
msvtec14

I know, right? My mind is a piece of work. Thank you
Old 08-23-2002, 02:17 PM   #29
incubus86

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I know, right? My mind is a piece of work. Thank you
You're a female, I'd expect nothing less

but i have this ablility to figure out the female mind...well sometimes.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:20 PM   #30
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Quote:
but i have this ablility to figure out the female mind...well sometimes.

!!!!! BE MY BEST FRIEND

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 02:29 PM   #31
msvtec14

You see, usually I'm really good with all this psychological stuff too. But, I'm just totally baffled as to what it is that's really the issue. Maybe it's just a little of everything that we talked about plus some resentment toward guys...? I need a decoder ring or something.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:29 PM   #32
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Do you resent me? =(

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 02:36 PM   #33
incubus86

I think it's like this. You got hurt by your ex and you don't want to go through all of that again. No big deal, You're protecting yourself. Thats the reason for all of the analyzing. You want to find things wrong with the guys so you don't get attached and you don't have to get hurt again. Its understandable, no one wants to get hurt to begin with. But at some point, you'll have to let your guard down and learn to trust someone. In the end, you may end up getting hurt, but it would be a learning experience, and what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:39 PM   #34
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Wow.. your pretty good

But like he said, even though you may end up getting hurt again... whats better... Living alone... or taking a risk? The only way to get ahead in life is to take risks..

write that down

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 02:54 PM   #35
msvtec14

heh. My whole life has been based on the whole what doesn't kill me makes me stronger theory. I want to write a book. That way if they're are other kids out there that have to ever go through what I did for the better portion of my teenage years, maybe they'll have a little guidance. I'll be willing to take a risk. But NOT with a suffocating, possesive, clingy, whiney TOOL. All of them have been one or more of the previously mentioned things. I think they were all tools.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:58 PM   #36
incubus86

why is it so fun calling someone a tool....
Maybe it's the blank, deer in the headlights look that they give you in return.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:01 PM   #37
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Call me a tool youll have the blank deer in the headlights look when your trying to figure out how you got on the ground.....

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 03:03 PM   #38
incubus86

whoa, holly shit is that a threat?
Old 08-23-2002, 03:04 PM   #39
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Nope... im all talk =/

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-23-2002, 03:08 PM   #40
incubus86

Lyric update.
I gave them to a friend of mine and he is going to record them over the weekend. he has a great deep blues voice. we laid down the track and it sounded pretty good. I'll have to post it when its all complete.