.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2002, 03:57 PM   #121
LadyCivic

Thanks for the compliment , guys!! I hope you find cool chicks in T.O? I swear I'm one of the only girls I know here that dig cars.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #122
LadyCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

I must agree with brotha.bika here.
You look good. And a good personality too hehe

Yeah, I do a bit a modelling, but nothing really serious. I am in agreement with the ice cream and not the coffee, because I work at a coffee shop, and I would not want to be taken on a date there, there are too many crazy people!!! And , yes I would dis a guy who pulled up at my house in a sunfire, I would only ride in his car with a paper bag over mt head. It's sooooooo nice to finally have a bo with a faster car than mine......
Old 06-17-2002, 07:46 PM   #123
juvenile

What else is your boyfriend fast at?
jfwy
Old 06-17-2002, 07:52 PM   #124
LadyCivic

What's that supposed to mean?? Yes he's very fast....... wouldn't you like to know!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 09:12 PM   #125
mt.biker

(back on topic)

i think its just hard to meet someone whos interested in the similar things. When you think abuot it wheres a good place to meet a nice girl (or a nice guy if your a girl)? see theres no place to meet a nice person and know that they are nice when you meet them. I figured i'd meet a good girl in highschool, well ive said F*ck highschool girls, gonna go after the bigger fish in the sea.

I meet alot of people at work and have yet to meet someone who rides a bike alot and whos also a *****. So i'm hopping i'm gonna meet my girl that way. If she likes riding a bike shes got alot in common and it would make for an interesting first date, riding together that is. (just thought of that on the fly there) I'd love to take a girl for a bike ride oh oh and then off to DQ for a treat (i'm learning girls)

add this to the list of first dates: a bike ride
Old 06-18-2002, 09:14 AM   #126
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
(back on topic)

i think its just hard to meet someone whos interested in the similar things. When you think abuot it wheres a good place to meet a nice girl (or a nice guy if your a girl)? see theres no place to meet a nice person and know that they are nice when you meet them.

I agree. The places I like to go (dance clubs, bars, I don't go to too many bars) aren't exactly the places I like to find Mr. Right. You can never tell what kind of guy he is, and I automatically assume that if he's at a dance club or bar, he's there to see how many chicks he can get with. Now that may not be the case, cause I know I'm not there to see how many guys I can get with, but it's hard to tell if he's a decent guy.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:41 PM   #127
LadyCivic

Hey I totally second the motion of NOT picking up people in bars and etc, because their usually hammered and are only out to score. I met my BF through a friend, essentially, and any other men that I've dated I have met doing things that interest me. I think bike riding is an excellent idea, for a date, but maybe something a little more talkative would be a better idea. Hey, you could talk while you two have a break getting ice cream.... yes yes, we all know about the ice cream!!! Boys, why not try to meet girls by going to places where girls chill out?? Go get a manicure at a salon or something and I bet there will be tons of girls there, actually pretty impressed you're concerned about your nailbeds after all that crap you put them through working on the car!!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #128
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Anything active like biking, roller blading, ect. are cool ideas for first dates. Ok, so now I have a whole bunch of awesome ideas for a first date....now there's just one thing missing.....a guy to go on a date with!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:26 PM   #129
LadyCivic

Good luck finding a nice boy, they're rare! I think something a little less strenuous would be better if you were asking someone on a date that you barely knew. Something that almost anyone would enjoy just to be safe, and make sure that everyone has a good time. Good luck taking someone to a race track if they hate cars!! Something neutral is best, and something that encourages conversation. Why not go and have you r tea leaves read, go on a hot air balloon ride, or go to a local play or event around town?
Old 06-20-2002, 01:52 PM   #130
DsBlu01CivEX

Diggin the hot air balloon ride that would be awesome. but the one thing I think is cool for a first date is to have like a day long date and split it in 2. Like if he's a very active outdoorsy type person, then the first part of the date he can take you to do something that he loves to do. and then the second part of the date you can show him something that you love to do. Granted you might go into the date thinking "UGH I really don't want to _____ but hey he seems like a cool guy, I'll give it a try" And then you end up loving (or totally hating) what he showed you were his passions. It's good to share that stuff and try to get one another interested in it. If it doesn't work out that you or he likes what the other does but a relationship is persued anyway, then either person would still have an outlet to just get away and do what only they love when they need time away from their significant other.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:19 PM   #131
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Diggin the hot air balloon ride that would be awesome. but the one thing I think is cool for a first date is to have like a day long date and split it in 2. Like if he's a very active outdoorsy type person, then the first part of the date he can take you to do something that he loves to do. and then the second part of the date you can show him something that you love to do. Granted you might go into the date thinking "UGH I really don't want to _____ but hey he seems like a cool guy, I'll give it a try" And then you end up loving (or totally hating) what he showed you were his passions. It's good to share that stuff and try to get one another interested in it. If it doesn't work out that you or he likes what the other does but a relationship is persued anyway, then either person would still have an outlet to just get away and do what only they love when they need time away from their significant other.

Thats an amazing idea, i would recommend making this the second date though as getting to know the person well enough to want to spend half a day with them is a must.

One problem where do you find a girl that likes the outdoors as much as i do without getting a guy in a chicks body?
Old 06-20-2002, 11:56 PM   #132
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
[BOne problem where do you find a girl that likes the outdoors as much as i do without getting a guy in a chicks body? [/b]

Good luck!

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 06-21-2002 at 12:00 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 01:05 AM   #133
FeelMyRide

Quote:

100% agreed.. I am so tired of those standard first dates. People need to get more creative cuz it just gets lame, and dont ask me for an example cuz I can't come up with one yet!
Old 06-21-2002, 06:56 PM   #134
DsBlu01CivEX

a trip to Las Vegas...and if you are 25+ rent the car that is in Julie's sig. NOW THAT'S A HOT ASS FIRST DATE!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #135
LadyCivic

Seriously, if a guy has the qualities that I find appealing, he could take me anywhere, even to a park for a picnic and it would be just as awsome as anything else.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:37 PM   #136
toykilla

I actually found a girl at a pool hall a couple days ago. SHE LOVES CARS which is amazing. Never met someone that loves cars as much as I do. I think I might keep this girl for a while, (hopfully).
Old 07-04-2002, 10:06 PM   #137
LadyCivic

good luck bro!! I hope she turns out ok!!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:59 PM   #138
DsBlu01CivEX

woo hoo go Rob!!

Old 07-08-2002, 12:36 AM   #139
toykilla

yea, its about damn time. the funny thing is that my ex called 3 days after i met her and told me she wanted to see me at 2am. why would she want to see me at 2am???? i was strong and told her to **** off in semi nicer words. shes actually the first girl ive even touched in almost 6 months. damn it feels good, beats looking at my ugly ass friends all day. woOt for me. you still going to vette week denise? i went with a friend to ford crap week so im making him come with me to show him what a real car looks like. and oct 19 they having import show down in petersburg if anyones going to that. im gonna go but i doubt we will be aloud back in the same hotel.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #140
DsBlu01CivEX

I'm hopin to still make the Vette show....I gotta con someone into going with me though....I'll have to work on that...I have like a month and a half.

Old 07-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #141
mt.biker

Quote:
I'm hopin to still make the Vette show....I gotta con someone into going with me though....I'll have to work on that...I have like a month and a half.

wheres the vette show?
Old 07-11-2002, 01:53 AM   #142
toykilla

Quote:

wheres the vette show?

PA
Old 07-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #143
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:

Aren't I good enough to go to the Vette show with? True, I'm not as big of a fan as you are, but I'd go.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:34 PM   #144
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

Aren't I good enough to go to the Vette show with? True, I'm not as big of a fan as you are, but I'd go.

Yes you are quite good enough to go to the Vette show with. But the only thing is....you aren't quite as passionate as I am about them...nor would you be able to teach me anything about them. But hell if you're willin to go....

Old 07-12-2002, 08:39 PM   #145
mt.biker

Quote:

Yes you are quite good enough to go to the Vette show with. But the only thing is....you aren't quite as passionate as I am about them...nor would you be able to teach me anything about them. But hell if you're willin to go....
can i come? where and when is it?
Old 07-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #146
toykilla

Quote:

ill see ya there...