::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
Tinker219

LSVTEC Wont run

I have an LsVtec in a 97 Civic. It will not run. The ecu throws code 14, which is IACvalve. Everything is wired correctly, the valve tests ok, and im completely stumped on this. NEXT, the engine starts and goes to 3000rpm for about a second, then jumps down to below idle speed and farts on one cylinder. WTF??? The plugs are soaked, except the one that fires. I have spark in all wires, and plugs are brand new. I dont get it. Anyone wanna buy a 6th gen civic w/an LSvtec in it? Im sick of it. 6 grand
-peace
Old 12-29-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
!_wide_teg

sounds like the same prob i went through with my b20/vtec installed into a integ....what head..intake manifold..throtle body are you using??..reason im asking is because i used a 1st gen b16 head ..intake manifold and throttle body and it did what you are describing...so i switched over to a 00si manifold and my integ throttle body and it went alot smoother...also after that it still was running pefect so i switched distributer cap.. rotors...spark plugs and wires....also double check all of your vacuum lines....how are you so sure that it is right???...hopefully that would help some....but what you are describing is the same excact thing i went through with my motor...just check all vacuum lines...timing....and check the distributer cap ..rotor..plug and wires...
Old 12-29-2001, 06:47 PM   #3
!_wide_teg

oh yea if you really want to sell illl take it off your hands...and what year is the motor ???built or anything??/..hb or coupe??seriously ill take it off your hands
Old 12-29-2001, 10:52 PM   #4
Tinker219

Its a 99 gsr head w/intake manifold(minus iab valve-didnt come with the "complete" head.) and b20 tb. Its jumped from obd2-obd1 as well. I tried a b16a tb, and no help there(the b20 is larger, so im stickin with that). The wiring should be correct, because i followed Hybrid Honda's diagram. Anyway, shouldnt the motor still run without the IAC valve? Just not smoothly. If youre serious about buying, email me, and we'll figure out the details. Im from Michigan, and the car is under 4 feet of snow now...completely out of sight. So this will prove a little more diffucult to fix. The motor is stock, just trying to get it running before doing anything major(although i do have a b18a block sitting in my bedroom for toying with when i get more money).
Old 12-30-2001, 03:10 AM   #5
!_wide_teg

oh so your running a b18c head...did you run the lil black box on the back of the motor??..i believe that lil black box is for the secondary butterfly??..not quite sure tho...but yea im interested whats your zip code so i could see how far you are away from me...what year is the block??whats teh mileage on the head and the block??...hopefully your only like 6-8 hours away ..if so ill be able to pick up asap...oh yea any pix of it at all??..
Old 12-30-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
Tinker219

The little black box is what didnt come with the "complete head". Think this is the problem? I think if there is no vaccuum applied to the valve, then the butterfly is still open. I dont know, when I get enough money, I planned on getting a Skunk2 intake manifold to bypass all this shit. I have pics on this website in the readers rides section. Im back in the fifties i think. Its red and white. My zip is 49690. By Traverse City, MI. Id meet ya half way, butta...doest drive very well
Old 12-30-2001, 09:54 AM   #7
Tinker219

Oh ya, its a 94 block(which is why i went obd1). the car that it came out of had 76,000 miles, and blew no smoke. The head is a 99, and has roughly 10,000 miles on it. I havent done a compression test yet, but can get one if youd like me to. If you are serious serious serious about this, Im going to need more money. I just realized that I would still be in debt if I sold for 6. you make the offer i suppose.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:56 PM   #8
!_wide_teg

ohhss ummn thats ok then...6k was extremely cheap..i dont even need the car but for that price i was gonna just pick it up anyways....but if more then its ok but jsut let me know if you decide to let it go for 6k...yea but look into that lil black box...from what i remeber when i pulled out my gsr motor..the lil black box was needed because it ran a vacuum hose to fpr??i think i cant really remeber tho...hae you ran a fuel pressure test??too much fuel into the sparks is all in the timing or the vacuum...somehow you would just need to finda good vacuum diagram and really look into the little black box...
Old 12-30-2001, 10:05 PM   #9
Tinker219

Ill still think about it. If I can get this carrunning for another 300 bucks or so, ill do that. Otherwise, its yours for 6grand. I should pry get a F.P. gauge huh? I have a b&m fpr, and ive messed with that too. oh well. ill keep in touch with ya.