::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Photo Exchange
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
lucky

Ever been sponsered???

Has anyone here ever been sponsered by a perfomance store?? Im going to but i wanted to make sure it is a good idea. They wont be paying me cash but they are going to give one upgrade(under $200) free, after that 40% off anything but turbo or s/c. the deal is i have to put their vinyl logo sticker on my car (3' by 3') What do you guys/girls think???
Old 01-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
cantdrive55

3 foot by 3 foot logo?

I've never been sponsored, nor do I want to be unless I get the sponsorship benefits without having to put stickers on my car.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
lucky

so far yes, both sides of the car. Also talking about accross the hood and down the fender(that ones really big)
Old 01-15-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
lucky

for now the Cougars the only car i drive during spring & summer. Idrive a 1971 chevy truck during winter. My point is i dont really want a goddy looking car while im driving to work.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #5
mt.biker

not for cars, but for bikes. I forget all the details but it involved a jersey, a photoshoot and whenever possible getting people to buy shit from them. There was also insentives for placing in the top 10.

Right now i ride on a trek 5200 that I was given as a bonus from work, i had to put two sickers with our website on it.

as for the cars, just dont sign anything you can't walk away from in 4weeks. All those stickers for 40% aint worth it, if they give you labour do it. Stick to the sides of your car, dont touch the hood or anywhere else and get at least 40% of a turbo if they aren't willing to give you it for free.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

no way in hell i'd do that. it would ruin what i like about cars.... clean. vinal will kill it. $200 to kill your car? then 40% off? thats really not that great. how long do you have to have their logo on? because if they rope you in, then you have to stick with the car. i kinda was sponsered by a shop. i hung out there, they hooke me up. no stickers, i got good deals on stuff though.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:08 PM   #7
a96710

I wouldn't either cause of the stickers. I hate stickers...it wouldn't be worth it to me but if you don't mind em go for it
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:11 PM   #8
lucky

Nope, backin out of it for now. Maybe later down the road when i know more about it, and trust the company. Thanks for the feedback.