Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
johnriley
2nd Gear

Nitrous on my 93 ex

The other day I stopped into a new performance shop in town to just look around and the guy there about talked me into getting a 50-65 shot zex kit on my accord. But before I decide whether or not to go nitrous, I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have had good/bad experience with nitrous on a 4th gen accords.
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:44 PM   #2
Honda530

Well many people around my town use nitrous and it works for them. Before you use nitrous have a compression test done to all 4 clyinders to make sure you have good compression. Id stay with a 50 shot for now until you no more about using N20. You might want to get a step colder spark plugs but thats about all you need for a smaller shot. If you go over Id get a MSD Igntion so you can retard your timing when you spray. Make sure that you have some performance parts like intake and exhaust so your car can breath better. Maybe a B&M Fuel pressure regulator so you can keep fuel psi up. Whenever you spray I would get out and check the plugs for detanation. Thats the number 1 cause for engines to die with nitrous. I would also read up about n20 in the nitrous forum and read other manuals too. Good luck and happy spraying.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
blind34_1

dont let anyone talk you into buying something unless you know what you are buying. lik 530 said, read up on what you are doing and if you want to lay down the 500 for the kit.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:15 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

IMO the F22A is too weak for anything like that.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
ShEaNy

i thought the F22 could handle a small.shot......at least my engine i thought it could...its in decent shape..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
Honda530

Well youll notice that hondaman iac said IMO In My Opinion. Everyones entitled to them. Im form teh side of the tracks that says boost the fengine build it up its a good engine blah blah blah. Wih nitrous and blowing your engine its like the saying Guns dont kill people people kill people. Nitrous doesnt kill your engine the People who mistreat it and dont know what they are doing kill their engine. So just learn about it. I would recommend not getting the zex and start of with a company who has like a 35 shot. yeah I know its 15 less but you really cant do a lotof harm with it but hey do what you want just READabout it. I want to say one day im going o have nitrous but this is my only car so Id rather not. One day im going to pick up a crx drop a ls b18 into and build it for nitrous.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:14 AM   #7
ShEaNy

well i know a bit about No2 i want the button set up just for the looks...either NOS or Venom i think im not sure..whatever..its almost all the same..and i know that statement isnt 100% right...but whatever....ill go with a 50 i think....i allrdy have intake exhaust...and my ignition timing and whole set up is getting done soon....(ignition) this wont happen for a while though so i will read up more..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 12:08 PM   #8
fast enough

nitrous on an f22

my boyfriend just put a zex kit on an f22.they started on a 50 shot but i think he has alredy jumped it to the 75.the way the zex system is set up imo it shouldnt be that hard on that motor.as long as you arent spray happy.any car if you spray alot will eventually come into some prob.thats with any poweradder.I would open my cars exhaust up more(header) and do the colder plugs.as far as timing i think the zex have the self set on them.