::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
mavaaoife

finally got the supra on the Dyno

Well.. I took it this past Sunday to Batlground Motorsports & Engineering here in ATL and we finally got her on the Dyno..

For Just a Supra with a BPU (Basic Performence Upgrades: Downpipe, Aftermarket airfilter, Greddy Boost control cut, HKS Superdragger Exhaust, and a HKS EVC Boost Controller)

My numbers were: 340whp and 309tq at 19lbs of boost

Not to shabby for a start.. I will also be throwing her on the dyno this Friday at the Suprashootout just for another number..

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
IALuder

nice numbers. i wish i had that power.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
nice numbers. i wish i had that power.

Yeah...me too. Oh...wait.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Yeah...me too. Oh...wait.
fucker!

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Mwahahaha. Trust me man...for the money Ren probably spent on that Supra, I could almost build another turbo'ed Stang just like mine.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
MissJDM

Minus the fact that I believe it's shameful for buying a modded car, your car gets props for some nice numbers!!

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:50 AM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by mavaaoife
Mine is around 422 hp...not for long though

So from when that was posted over in the pic forum until now you've lost 80hp? Something doesn't add up here.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM   #8
mavaaoife

Quote:
So from when that was posted over in the pic forum until now you've lost 80hp? Something doesn't add up here.

From what I was told from the previous owner.. although I didnt see dyno sheets it was around 422... Obviously he had no idea what he was talking about.. and Lyna good luck finding a stock supra worth anything under $30K these days

Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
From what I was told from the previous owner.. although I didnt see dyno sheets it was around 422... Obviously he had no idea what he was talking about.. and Lyna good luck finding a stock supra worth anything under $30K these days

There are two lessons here:

1. If the previous owner lied about it's power output, what else didn't he/she tell you? Seriously...being 20 or 30hp off is no big deal, but 80? And where did he get 422? Sounds like he just made that shit up to sell the fucking thing. Saying it made 400hp would've been easier, but even hp numbers are too ambiguous. If you're going to make shit up, it's got to be a specific number, which is exactly what he did.

2. There is no stock Supra on this planet worth $30K. Like my father used to say "things are worth only as much as some idiot will pay for it". At best I'd say $10K. For a highly modded one I'd say $20K would be a good limit. There's absolutely no reason for people to pay as much as they do for those fucking things. It's like all those Grand Nationals I see listed for $15K. They were hardly worth that much new...why the fuck would you pay more for one that's been used and abused (people don't mod cars unless they intend on racing and/or flogging them)? It's one of those cars that people will pay out the ass for just to say they have one. Worthless. I bought my car for $6K and threw roughly $10K into making it go the way I wanted it to go. I could easily annihilate almost any street driven Supra for at least $4K less than the driver likely paid for it. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 10-27-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #10
mavaaoife

As far as buying the supra.. This is the car ive wanted for alloonnggg time.. I didnt care what it was going to cost me but I refused to pay over 26k for one.. my dream car.. everyone has one...

as far as the number I personally didnt really care what it made.. although I was a bit upset he lied.. but whatever.. I've had the car completely looked over and everything is A OK...

Old 10-27-2005, 08:05 AM   #11
Mischief

Quote:
and Lyna good luck finding a stock supra worth anything under $30K these days
... Oh wait, this wasn't a joke?

Old 10-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

I like it!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
mavaaoife

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
... Oh wait, this wasn't a joke?

I wasnt kidding.. you wont find one..

Old 10-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #14
AzCivic

here's one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=24

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #15
mavaaoife

See how many miles are on it and see where it is from me.. Exactly my point when i was looking there wasnt one around here that was under the price I paid for a stock one that was worth shit...

Old 10-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #16
IALuder

quit hatin. at least she got what she wants and enjoys it.

i like no matter the fact. also steve your right about people will pay anything. it just who has the money.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #17
MissJDM

There's plenty around my area, I know that for sure. Then again, if it were MY "dream" car then I would certainly be much more willing to drive somewhere far for it. Drive 700 miles and save 5k on a better car? I'd take it.

I guess my point here is I personally wouldn't have purchased a used car be it was my dream car or not. If it was my dream car, I'd wait and find one that was completely worth it. It's like buying a Louis Vuitton purse, sure it's $900 and I freakin waaannnt ittt badllly, but I'm not gonna go on eBay and buy a cheapO that's listed by the seller as authentic so I can flash it. Then again, I think maybe it's just knowing the fact that Supras are hot cars and you possibly make one look bad with the person that you seem to be. No pun intended (because my words don't offend you anyway, right?) Not a poser as in it's a fake car, but a poser as in someone that just doesn't know anything.

Nonetheless, I had congradulated you before on getting something you really wanted, something for yourself.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #18
silver

340whp at 19lbs? is this on the stock turbo? i honestly would've expected a little more hp. what diameter piping is the hks exhaust?

and if you're looking to get some stuff for the car, let me know. i'm sure my gf can check on some stuff for you.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #19
Mischief

Quote:
I wasnt kidding.. you wont find one..
Why would someone pay for over 30K for a stock supra? They're dyno queens at best

Old 10-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #20
Fatal070

Quote:
See how many miles are on it and see where it is from me.. Exactly my point when i was looking there wasnt one around here that was under the price I paid for a stock one that was worth shit...

It's a nice car! Shit it's really nice it's a fucking supra lol Numbers are not to shabby, sucks the guy lied to you.

But why I qouted you? Only because if you wanted to, you could have waited for a stock one to come up.

Once again hats off, great car...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #21
VR4_Craver
Banned

everyone is bitching about a liar....maybe he wasnt lying maybe that was at the crank? 340 sounds about right after the power loss on a RWD car dont you think? hell 80 is actually really good really the only way your gonna make more power is bigger pipe and or turbo. I filter and cat back aint gonna give that much....What about a upgraded intercooler?
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #22
Mischief

yea but a turbo supra comes with 320 stock.. if you think putting a new filter on it and having an exhaust will add 100hp you're sadly mistaken..

Old 10-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #23
silver

i'm thinking that an upgraded downpipe coupled with a large diameter exhaust plus increased boost to 19psi would have netted a larger gain...i may be incorrect...not really anything to lose sleep over. i love the car to death and having over 400hp on anycar isn't practical in everyday use anyways. hell...having over 340hp isn't really necessary, even for racing.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:12 PM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
everyone is bitching about a liar....maybe he wasnt lying maybe that was at the crank? 340 sounds about right after the power loss on a RWD car dont you think? hell 80 is actually really good really the only way your gonna make more power is bigger pipe and or turbo. I filter and cat back aint gonna give that much....What about a upgraded intercooler?

An 80hp loss good? Are you kidding? My car makes twice as much power and only loses around 70-80hp through the drivetrain. I'm not saying Ren lied...but I think the previous owner bullshitted her. If that's the case, what the hell else wasn't he up front about?

Old 10-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #25
mavaaoife

I have no reasont o lie anyways... not like i had anything to back up the numbers.. but whatever the case im happy with my car and thats all that matters

Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #26
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
An 80hp loss good? Are you kidding? My car makes twice as much power and only loses around 70-80hp through the drivetrain. I'm not saying Ren lied...but I think the previous owner bullshitted her. If that's the case, what the hell else wasn't he up front about?

no no 80 hp isnt good but following around 15% for loss that is really actually pretty close....15% of 340 is only like 51...so yes it is higher but still a decent chunk. Yes the previuos could have bullshitted her but is the number he was saying at the crank? not the wheels....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #27
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
no no 80 hp isnt good but following around 15% for loss that is really actually pretty close....15% of 340 is only like 51...so yes it is higher but still a decent chunk. Yes the previuos could have bullshitted her but is the number he was saying at the crank? not the wheels....
what're you talking about? If that was at the crank 15% of 420 is 63.. and I've never heard of being able to measure power at the crank, I've only heard of it being measured at the crank from manufacturers.. never has anyone told me their crank HP

Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #28
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
what're you talking about? If that was at the crank 15% of 420 is 63.. and I've never heard of being able to measure power at the crank, I've only heard of it being measured at the crank from manufacturers.. never has anyone told me their crank HP

It's possible to do, but most people never do it because you've got to pull the engine and run it on an engine dyno. It's incredibly time consuming considering it's so much easier to strap a car down to a chassis dyno. We've got both here at school, but I've never once seen anyone use the engine dyno.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:21 AM   #29
pimpinprelude

when am i going to get to see it??
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #30
mavaaoife

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
when am i going to get to see it??

Whenever you want.. she was at northpoint this past week.. and I dont have your number anymore...i have a new cell phone.. and i lost all my numbers :( (its local now)

Old 10-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #31
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

i didnt take 15% of 420 i did the lower number....And actually the percentage of loss is higher in RWD cars than FWD so I think that both of the numbers are wrong. I think the loss is actually somewhere near 25-30% if im not mistaken. And yes people still use do use the crank rating when trying to sell something why not use the bigger number? When you see enginer manufactures or seller of "High-Output" motors what do you think that they use? Crank numbers which is higher...or lower number?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:58 AM   #32
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

wow this site has turned into a bunch of hateful mean people with nothing nice to ever say..

I know what you mean about stock supras with low mileage being very hard to find that haven't been ruined already. The prices are through the roof especially out here in CA right now. Best of luck with what you do to make it yours now and I'm sure the numbers will only go uphill from where you're starting out.

** 2000 Honda Civic HX **
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #33
slowEJ6

nice
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:07 AM   #34
slowEJ6

Quote:
2. There is no stock Supra on this planet worth $30K. Like my father used to say "things are worth only as much as some idiot will pay for it". At best I'd say $10K. For a highly modded one I'd say $20K would be a good limit. There's absolutely no reason for people to pay as much as they do for those fucking things. It's like all those Grand Nationals I see listed for $15K. They were hardly worth that much new...why the fuck would you pay more for one that's been used and abused (people don't mod cars unless they intend on racing and/or flogging them)? It's one of those cars that people will pay out the ass for just to say they have one. Worthless. I bought my car for $6K and threw roughly $10K into making it go the way I wanted it to go. I could easily annihilate almost any street driven Supra for at least $4K less than the driver likely paid for it. 'Nuff said.

who cares? if someone wants the car, more power to them for getting it. That is all that matters.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #35
thermal
Banning Machine

All I can say is, regardless, over 300 hp at the wheels is not bad. I'm sure the potential is there and power waiting to be unleashed. Goodluck with your future modifications and make more power!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:55 PM   #36
mavaaoife

Im used to hateful people..Ive gotten it 300X's what it used to be since i got the supra..

Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 AM   #37
Robert
R-Tard

Nice power
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverHX4Me
wow this site has turned into a bunch of hateful mean people with nothing nice to ever say..

Oh boo fucking hoo. No one here was being mean or hateful. I simply noticed a discrepancy between the two posts and questioned it. I could've come straight out and said "you're a fucking liar! blah blah blah", but I didn't think that nor would I have made a post like that if I did.

While I'm thinking about it, why on earth would you bitch about people bitching? You claim many here have "nothing nice to say" while in the meantime you lower yourself to their level by whining about it. Way to be a hypocrite.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:51 PM   #39
AzCivic

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #40
mavaaoife

Quote:
Oh boo fucking hoo. No one here was being mean or hateful. I simply noticed a discrepancy between the two posts and questioned it. I could've come straight out and said "you're a fucking liar! blah blah blah", but I didn't think that nor would I have made a post like that if I did.

While I'm thinking about it, why on earth would you bitch about people bitching? You claim many here have "nothing nice to say" while in the meantime you lower yourself to their level by whining about it. Way to be a hypocrite.

I never thought you did steve... I should be making around 400 hp soon.. I found a small problem with the wastegate and from what I have heard that it seems to be a pretty common problem.. there is a mod to fix it.. just attach a spring to a piece o the wastegate and it should help me gain between 7-10 hp...Then once i get my front mount I should be close to 370 hp.. or so ive been told.. we shall see.. Once I get it I will dyno her again.. The damn shop has still not emailed me the dyno sheet and my cam doesnt wanna take a good pic of it..