.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #1
incubus86

Turned down

The other post that missy started about question and why a guy would get a number and not call made me remember this terrible time in my life and I want to share it with all of you, and maybe some of you will have stories to add as well.

First off, i'm not a bad looking guy. Everyone thinks that I'm so cute and the fact that i workout, gets me a lot of attention at times. More so recently then when this story i'm about to tell took place.

Anyway, it was back in like april, and it was a few months after I found out my girl cheated on me. My friend was all about taking me out to take my mind off of it and to hopefully find me a girl. Everytime we had gone out, we would be dancing and all and girls would come up to me, but me being a "nice guy" would tell them that i had a girlfriend and i wasn't interested. Anyway, with that in mind he thought that if we would go out i'd meet someone new and forget about the ex.

So we go to this bar, and it is pretty busy. there are a lot of attractive looking girls....But this one girl is smokin hot. So we sit down at the table near them and she is with one of her friends. We are bullshitting watch some type of sports on tv when he points out to me that these two guys had approached these girls. So we watched these two guys run there game, and you could tell by the facial expressions of the young ladies that they were not at all interested. maybe an hour passes and it looks like these girls want to hang themselves. The guys go to the bar, my friend tells me now is your chance.

So i walk up to the one and start some small talk. Keep in mind, that I'm not the greatest at approaching girls, they are just very intimadating to me. But everything is cool, i introduce myself and let the small talk flow. I get a few laughs out of her and i think we have a great conversation going.
I meantioned that i was watching her and that she didn't look to be having the greatest time with the two dudes. She laughs and kinda agrees with me but doesn't come out and directly say it.
So I say, ya know, i'd like to get to know you, but my friend and i are leaving, could i get your number and I'll call you sometime and maybe we can hang out...

Seriously I'm not making this next part up...

She looks me straight in the face...and says...

"I think you're drunk!"

I sat silent for a minute...gave her a look and said "what"

She proceeded to say,
"I think you're drunk. All these girls in here and you want my number."

I said, "i have had one beer, i'm drving tonight so I have to be sober."

She laughed and joined her friend.

I gave the deer in the headlights look, and my friend dragged my out of the bar.

Haven't approached a girl since.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
msvtec14

Wait, I'm confused. If I were to say "I think you're drunk. All these girls in here and you want my number." I would mean it as your hot and there's so many hot girls in here and you're talking to me when you could pretty much have any one of them? I would mean that to compliment you. I know that I'm not an ugly girl but I would still be flattered that you came up to me over anyone else, you know? I think I'm missing something. Was she laughing at you because you said you had 1 beer? So confused...
Old 08-28-2002, 10:28 AM   #3
Kyle
elyK

that totally sucks...she was probably the drunk one though, lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
Kyle
elyK

i agree what with msvtec says...i'm a little confused...i would htink it's a compliment...but maybe she was jus ta ***** and didn't deserve to be with you?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 10:45 AM   #5
incubus86

The tone in her voice and the way she laughed let me know that she wasn't giving me a compliment.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:48 AM   #6
msvtec14

Incubus86...Ha, I just noticed that you called me Missy. That's so weird. Not bad weird, good weird. It's almost refreshing. Are you calling me Missy as in "You watch your mouth, Missy" or Missy as in my name is Melissa. Everyone used to call me that. My best friends mom started calling me that when I was about 10 and it stuck. Then when the Fast and the Furious came out my brother thought it would be funny to start calling me Toretto (Vin Diesel's part) so everyone wants to bust my balls so they call me that. At least a few of my friends will call me Miss. No Y at the end.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #7
incubus86

i just picked it up from ol tonirtusEn.
but i can call you whatever you want. Miss, Or I'll refer to you as MISSY, the girl that i'm about to scald
Old 08-28-2002, 11:46 AM   #8
msvtec14

How come you want to scald Missy? Cingular just did enough of that. I'm on my 3rd cell phone for this calander year. I lost mine last night a.k.a threw it because I got mad at the person on the other end. My mom totally laid into me and said that she was going to kick me out for leaving my air conditioner on when it's not even hot. I'm sure the screaming had something to do with the fact that I called her boyfriend a pussy when she told me that she was going to have him take it out of my room. I just don't like being talked to like that. I'm not 5. I think I can make a mature decision about the air conditioning and if I find it necessary. I like still being able to sleep with a quilt in the summer. OOOooooo, so this girl had tone in her voice? I would have been like, "Well, don't flatter yourself. Actually, the fact of the matter is you look like a filthy easy whore and I just was just trying to get a piece of ass."
Old 08-28-2002, 11:57 AM   #9
incubus86

I have a pretty sharp mind when it comes to comebacks. And i can honestly say that i was speechless and dumbfounded. But after she had walked away, 900 different things came to my mind, i just bit my tongue and walked away.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:26 PM   #10
msvtec14

Well, if I was there, I would've spoke on your behalf or "accidentally" spilled my beer on her.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #11
incubus86

thank you...
But i seriously think that if you would have been apart of the entire conversation, you would have been as stunned as i when she said she thought i was drunk. You could have thrown the beer "accidently" across the bar though.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
I have a pretty sharp mind when it comes to comebacks. And i can honestly say that i was speechless and dumbfounded. But after she had walked away, 900 different things came to my mind, i just bit my tongue and walked away.

that's smarter dude.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 12:45 PM   #13
msvtec14

Quote:
thank you...
But i seriously think that if you would have been apart of the entire conversation, you would have been as stunned as i when she said she thought i was drunk. You could have thrown the beer "accidently" across the bar though.

Yeah, I would probably get "I just got called a tool" look.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:45 PM   #14
incubus86

Are the girls in Cleveland the same as they are here in pittsburgh? they all seem to have this look about them that they are the biggest Bi*ches and don't want anything to do with you. I would tell my friends that i went to high school with these stories of how i would get turned down and i would tell them about the looks and the vibes that these girls give off....they never believed me. So i took them out with me one night. They saw first hand that the girls here are so stuck up, and actually felt sorry for me cause i'm single and i have to deal with it.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:47 PM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude they are the same way here

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 01:07 PM   #16
msvtec14

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything but I think that they're the same way everywhere. Not that I date girls or anything but try dealing with some of these stuck up Connecticut girls.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #17
spoogenet

Re: Turned down

Quote:

First off, i'm not a bad looking guy. Everyone thinks that I'm so cute and the fact that i workout, gets me a lot of attention at times. More so recently then when this story i'm about to tell took place.

We can tell from your avatar!

Anyhow, that's messed up dude. I would usually expect that to be a compliment....maybe the girl didn't know how to put the right voice to it, or maybe she needs to work hard on her letdowns.....

You have provided another reason why I don't bother approaching girls......

b
Old 08-31-2002, 11:57 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

I agree that girls are the same everywhere. I wouldn't consider myself a stuck up b**ch all the time, but I've blown off my fair share of guys at the clubs/bars. I try to be nice about it though, and the guy just ends up gettin a huge attitude with me. Like I was out at a bar with erin and 2 of our guy friends wed night and the 4 of us were out on the dance floor doin our thing....and i was kinda off by myself dancin and this dude comes up to me and asks me to dance. Well if i wanted to dance with a guy i would have been...so I kindly told the guy that I really didn't want to dance with anyone at that point in time but thank you anyway...and he was like "whatever b**ch" and turned and walked away. It wasn't like I gave him a dirty look, told him to f**k off and walk away from him, I was really polite (for once). I dunno. But yes the guys and girls are the same everywhere you go.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:13 AM   #19
mt.biker

is there nothign we've learn this week? GIRLS ARE IGNORANT!

i've been brushed off a bunch of times in my life, some make me wait before i talk to the next girl i think looks good or seems to be nice. SEEMS being the key word!

I think us guys need to find a better way of meeting girls because the bar/club scene just dont work out.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:55 AM   #20
incubus86

I'm glad that my words are getting spread to the masses...

girls are ignorant!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:15 AM   #21
msvtec14

I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. No tradebacks. Infinity.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:31 PM   #22
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
is there nothign we've learn this week? GIRLS ARE IGNORANT!

i've been brushed off a bunch of times in my life, some make me wait before i talk to the next girl i think looks good or seems to be nice. SEEMS being the key word!

I think us guys need to find a better way of meeting girls because the bar/club scene just dont work out.

Ive noticed from more than one post, and its evident that youve been burned, but sweetie, don't fuc*** take your one bad experience out on the entire female race. Not all girls are ignorant. Just as many girls are as guys. At least say "people" are ignorant. I feel offended that you degrade woman all the time in your posts because your heart got broken.:o

Matter of fact is that girls are bit*hes and guys are as*holes. It must be in our blood. Thats why I don't hang around girls. I have like 1 girl friend and the rest are guys. Girls can be scandlous (sp).
Old 09-03-2002, 03:02 PM   #23
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701

Ive noticed from more than one post, and its evident that youve been burned, but sweetie, don't fuc*** take your one bad experience out on the entire female race. Not all girls are ignorant. Just as many girls are as guys. At least say "people" are ignorant. I feel offended that you degrade woman all the time in your posts because your heart got broken.:o

Matter of fact is that girls are bit*hes and guys are as*holes. It must be in our blood. Thats why I don't hang around girls. I have like 1 girl friend and the rest are guys. Girls can be scandlous (sp).
oh dont get me wrong, guys are just as bad as girls... sorry about being so harsh i'll stop it. I know there are nice girls out there, but i noticed once again (i'm back at school now) that people are so fake when they're around other people. If you meet someone in the summer they are so different, school roles around and everyone is fake.. i hope i'm not..? d am i?

I have a select group of good friends because they are the only people i know that a truly nice. Everyone is so dam fake about stuff.. maybe its not just girls well i know its not, its guys aswell... people suck in general so i've learned.........

blaahhh word to the wise if you want to keep liking people dont get involved with retail.
mt.biker out
Old 09-03-2002, 04:00 PM   #24
cutiepy701

Its ok Yah, people in general do suck, I've decided not to have friends...LOL.... I am just concentrating on myself and school, and next in line is my b/f. I am just sick of stupid people..

- All stupid people should die.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #25
mt.biker

Quote:
Its ok Yah, people in general do suck, I've decided not to have friends...LOL.... I am just concentrating on myself and school, and next in line is my b/f. I am just sick of stupid people..

- All stupid people should die.

amen to that
Old 09-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #26
DsBlu01CivEX

nah rob you don't seem fake to me....I work retail so people in general are ruined for me. And I'm in the same boat as cutiepy....I hate most other girls. I have 3 really close girl friends (one of them is my sister) and the rest of my friends are guys. Heck even the rest of my aquaintances are guys. Girls are shady. Guys typically will be straight up with ya.

Old 09-03-2002, 10:36 PM   #27
msvtec14

I hate a lot of other girls too. I have a very close group of friends (girls) that consists of about 7 or 8 of us. These are people that I've been friends with for at least 7 years. My best friend, I've been friends with her for 12 years. My friends can do really dumb things at times. I know I've made comments about them whoring around but they're real, honest people. There are so many girls out there that are just petty and will find reasons to cause drama to make their lives more exiting. Or, they start running their mouths behind your back the second you turn around because they don't have the balls to say it to your face. I kid you not, there have been occasions where I've been walking through a mall and been called names. There are some girls around here that think they're all tough but they're just ghetto hoodrats that have nothing better to do than stand around the mall and talk junk about people to make themselves feel better about their own crappy lives. Ignornant. You see that INCUBUS86 - Girls are ignorant! No but seriously, I totally agree with you girls and your opinions
Old 09-04-2002, 07:25 AM   #28
incubus86

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
You see that INCUBUS86 - Girls are ignorant! :

finally....

Old 09-04-2002, 07:45 AM   #29
cutiepy701

My friends (now x-friends) consisted of 3 girls, 4 including me. I was friends with them for 3 yrs. Just recently they started acting really shady towards me. Wouldn't call me back, wouldn't ask me to kick it no more. So finally I confronted them and asked what the problem was with me. At first they fumbled around for an answer, talking about "oh we're just really busy".

I said don't give me that bullshit, your too busy yet you all hang out with eachother and not me. Finally I got them to break down, and they ended up telling me I was a whore, and I supposedly steal all the guys away from them. Because all the guys they like/are talking to, meet me and end up liking me. Even tho I have a b/f and they know Im not like that. I just laughed at them and told them they have some serious fuc*ing insecurity problems.

Its not my fault a guy can tell a classy girl from them whores.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #30
msvtec14

That's so lame. Wow, GIRLS ARE IGNORANT. I would just be happy that they didn't want to hang out with you due to their insecurities. Take is as a compliment. Luckily, I only have one friend that is corny like that. She has all these guy friends but she has a bf. One of her friends was interested in me and the feeling was likewise but I didn't say anything to her because she's corny and I just expected something stupid from her. Someone told her as they thought that she already knew and she sends me this e-mail about how she really likes him and she was considering cheating on her boyfriend with him...? All of this was mumbo jumbo and she was just being a territorial b*tch and all of our friends saw it. She actually had the balls to buy the same shoes as me this Friday and then come up to me and be like, "Oh my god, you're wearing my shoes!" Before I could even say a word 3 of my friends tore into this girl and they were like, "You know Melissa's had those shoes for about 2 months so stop being corny"...It was great.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:45 AM   #31
incubus86

Quote:
My friends (now x-friends) consisted of 3 girls, 4 including me. I was friends with them for 3 yrs. Just recently they started acting really shady towards me. Wouldn't call me back, wouldn't ask me to kick it no more. So finally I confronted them and asked what the problem was with me. At first they fumbled around for an answer, talking about "oh we're just really busy".

I said don't give me that bullshit, your too busy yet you all hang out with eachother and not me. Finally I got them to break down, and they ended up telling me I was a whore, and I supposedly steal all the guys away from them. Because all the guys they like/are talking to, meet me and end up liking me. Even tho I have a b/f and they know Im not like that. I just laughed at them and told them they have some serious fuc*ing insecurity problems.

Its not my fault a guy can tell a classy girl from them whores.

Maybe you really are a whore. Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean that you aren't a whore. And it doesn't mean that you have class beacause these guys are talking to you other then your friends. Maybe you are flirting and giving the guys the ind of attention that they are looking for. Most guys are just looking for a piece of ass. To me, you must be coming of as an easy lay. And since you've been with 14 guys over 4 years, then I'd have to say that you seem pretty easy. And in the back of your mind, I'm pretty sure that you are liking the attention that you are getting from these guys. I'm pretty sure that you are also liking the fact that in the end, these guys are picking you over your friends, but you play it off because you can say, "oh, i have a boyfriend."
Old 09-04-2002, 01:01 PM   #32
mt.biker

Quote:

Maybe you really are a whore. Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean that you aren't a whore. And it doesn't mean that you have class beacause these guys are talking to you other then your friends. Maybe you are flirting and giving the guys the ind of attention that they are looking for. Most guys are just looking for a piece of ass. To me, you must be coming of as an easy lay. And since you've been with 14 guys over 4 years, then I'd have to say that you seem pretty easy. And in the back of your mind, I'm pretty sure that you are liking the attention that you are getting from these guys. I'm pretty sure that you are also liking the fact that in the end, these guys are picking you over your friends, but you play it off because you can say, "oh, i have a boyfriend."

dude i was thinking the samething about her.... she sounds like my ex.. always hanging with guys, them always flirting with them... only she was 10ish (if i remember that correctly) and it was over 3.5 years.

Cutiepie is averaging just under 5 guys a year is bad because that means your f*cking a new guy every 3 months. OMG!

What attracted me to my ex was the fact she seemed to be different then the other girls, little did i know it then but it was because she was easy! Guys can smell an easy lay from a mile away, maybe your friends (now-exfriends) have a message and you should be listening to them.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:40 PM   #33
cutiepy701

UM NO. I know that I am not easy, I slept with a good number of people maybe, but that doesn't mean shit. I actually probably come off as a ***** to guys, because I DO have a boyfriend, and I don't even give guys the time of day because I am happy. So both of you are completely wrong in justifying that I am a whore because I averaged 4 guys a yr. Gimme a break!! There is people 10 times worse than that. Everyone I slept with I slept with for a reason, because I wanted to and felt that it was appropriate at the time. So both of you can go fu** yourself!!
You can think whatever you want based on a few measly facts, the truth is that I know how I am, and so do all my other friends.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:50 PM   #34
incubus86

Little defensive.

Sounds like you are trying to make yourself feel better. Because you read something that you didn't want to hear. Thats what i think of you when i read your posts.

Yes there are people 10X worse the you. And i think the samething about them. And as for your friends go, you started this by saying that they stopped talking to you because you were taking the guys that they liked.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:52 PM   #35
cutiepy701

Quote:
That's a really good question. I think what makes a slut is a girl that just does not have respect for herself. My first time was when I was 17. Say I slept with 4 guys over the course of a year since that time. Lets say they were guys that I dated briefly for say a month or two. I'll be 21 in about a month and a half so we'll just round up and say I'm 21. 4 x4 would come out to 16. 16 guys, yeah that's a lot right? But I know that I'm not a slut. These are guys that I dated. Stuff a.k.a sex is going to start to happen after several weeks. It just happens as you get more comfortable and in tune with a person. This really isn't my case because all the guys that I start to see turn out to be tools. But it's just an example of why you shouldn't make a judgement on someone because of a number. Girls that do things sexually with a guy because he has a nice car or will buy her stuff if she puts out is obviously a slut. Girls that do it for attention are sluts. If I go to a party on Sat and hookup that's not big deal. But if I went to one Fri and had done the same thing, that would be slutty. I guess a lot of it is just how a girl presents herself and how much self respect she has.

Second of all if you want to pick on me for averaging 4 guys a yr, then you might as well do it to everyone else....Im sure msvtech has a few words for you also. 4 people in a yr isn't that much. Some people have sex, just to have sex. Or feel it is appropriate. Others view it as sacred and sleep with only people they love or are in love with. I have both views, therefore Im gonna look at having sex a little more differently than others. THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A WHORE
Old 09-04-2002, 03:55 PM   #36
incubus86

if you have sex to have sex...

sorry, that is going to make you a whore
Old 09-04-2002, 04:09 PM   #37
mt.biker

how can you truly get to know someone in only 3 months?

dont sound good is all i'm trying to say... im wiht incubus86 on this one... calling a spaid a spaid
Old 09-04-2002, 04:27 PM   #38
cutiepy701

I said they called me a whore because the guys they liked started to like me. I wasn't trying to talk to any of them. I can't control who likes me and who doesn't.

Second, I didn't say that I viewed sex as just to have sex with someone. Some people however do, which would obviously account for larger numbers.

I know Im not a slut/easy/whore....or whatever else. Yah there probably was a short period of time when I was or slept with a lot of people in a short period of time due to attention. But thats not how I am now. Nobody can go back on there past. If we could we'd all take back a lot of things, including how many people we slept with.

I don't regret anything i've done, because it makes me who I am today. Who I am today is definitley not a slut. So you can think or have your opinion which is just fine. But don't sit there and think you know me because of a few posts that you have read.

I don't carry myself bad or sleasy. I don't wear tight clothes just to get attention, or to make guys want me. that is all petty bullshit for little girls.
So thanks for your opinion, but it is completely wrong.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:03 PM   #39
DsBlu01CivEX

ok gentlemen and lady take it easy!!! All girls are teases...period. Whether they admit or not, they are. So who gives a rat's @ss about how many guys cutie is averaging a year. It's besides the point. She has a man now and as long as she isn't cheatin on him, then she isn't a whore. We've had the discussion as to what we all think makes a whore and we all pretty much agreed that number really wasn't the basis of our definitions. A whore is someone that sleeps with a lot of people for the attention she gets. Someone that is insecure. We as girls have no control over who is interested in us, whether we have men or not. If her friends want to think she is a whore because she is attractive and she has a good personality that draws guys in, then let her friends think that way. She knows who she is and shouldn't have to worry about what other people think of her. As long as she isn't doggin her man then cutie do your thing.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:10 AM   #40
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
ok gentlemen and lady take it easy!!! All girls are teases...period. Whether they admit or not, they are. So who gives a rat's @ss about how many guys cutie is averaging a year. It's besides the point. She has a man now and as long as she isn't cheatin on him, then she isn't a whore. We've had the discussion as to what we all think makes a whore and we all pretty much agreed that number really wasn't the basis of our definitions. A whore is someone that sleeps with a lot of people for the attention she gets. Someone that is insecure. We as girls have no control over who is interested in us, whether we have men or not. If her friends want to think she is a whore because she is attractive and she has a good personality that draws guys in, then let her friends think that way. She knows who she is and shouldn't have to worry about what other people think of her. As long as she isn't doggin her man then cutie do your thing.

Thank you sweetie

Second of all let me also add that your math is terribley off. Iam 20. 16,17,18,19,20.......that is 5 fricking yrs, 14 guys. In my mathmatical mind, that comes out to just under 3 guys a yr, thank you very much