Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 10:07 PM   #1
V8killimports

It's about attitude..

Mainly attitude.. I don't build my cars to street race, and rarely am I at the track. DO NOT street race. I am tired of being challenged by some punk in a civic, accord, prelude, whatever to street race.. first off, how dare he. Is it worth gas and strain on my engine to prove what most realistic people already know? And street racing is dangerous. Next time I see it I will follow the people and call the cops on my cell. You are gonna kill someone. And BTW, a Z06 performance matches that of a viper and 911 TT. If it takes me more than 5k to get into the high 11s, it will sure as hell cost someone with a 4banger and 100hp a lot more.... otherwise why doesn't everyone buy a civic, dump 5k in it and run 11's? Won't happen.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:28 PM   #2
drdingo21

thats it! with this post you just convinced you are a complete moron and have no idea what your talking about. Also do you know your in the wrong topic? I said that in your other post but your obvioulsy to slow to pick up on it. What do you drive? Im more than willing to bet you cruise around in a Mustang....

*edit* Also the reason the imporst are fast is because the hp to weight ratio... But lets pretend you didn't know that which obviously you don't. A z06 corvette "Packing 405 hp under the hood, the LS6 engine also produces 400 lb.-ft. of torque." takin from right
here
Ok now a viper "Here's everything you need to know about the 2003 Dodge Viper: 500-cubic inch V10, 500 horsepower, 500 pound-feet of torque" takin from right here.....hmmm and a corvette can beat that huh? if my math is right thats a 95hp differnce and 100 lbs of torque... thats a hell of a differnce

Last edited by drdingo21 : 09-01-2002 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:34 PM   #3
AzCivic

Re: It's about attitude..

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
If it takes me more than 5k to get into the high 11s, it will sure as hell cost someone with a 4banger and 100hp a lot more.... otherwise why doesn't everyone buy a civic, dump 5k in it and run 11's? Won't happen.

Who ever said that you could run 11's in a civic for 5k dollars???
Do import owners go into domestic forums and start crap like so many domestic owners have done in here??? Just wondering.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:32 PM   #4
V8killimports

You are confused..

First of all, we are talking about vipers now..not the 2003 which isn't even available. The current viper has 450hp. 0-60 3.9 1/4 in 12.2. The Z06 has 405hp and 0-60 in 4.0 1/4 in 12.6. There is your difference in power. Please do more research next time before commenting. Now, the difference is the hp/tq, as well as their hp/tq curves. But I am confused. Why is the viper still faster while weighing 300# more than the vette? Based on their power, and difference in weights, they should be about the same. And yes, I do know what I am talking about.. and stop racing on the street.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #5
V8killimports

Re: Re: It's about attitude..

And what is am imporst?
Old 09-01-2002, 11:35 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

hate to say it guys, but he is kinda right. no one here car argure domestics can be faster per buck over a N/A honda engine.. its jsut a fact. and they can use their power more efficently(rwd) and the larger displacment picks up more power, same as a header on a h22 does more than a header on a b16. i dont rev on people, but i am guilty of "exibition of speed" on public roads, usualy against cars who think they are something.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #7
gixer

i agree, v8killimports is not a COMPLETE moron, im not in favor of street racing either, but he only sees things from his point of view, not realizing that their ARE domestic guys out their that street race also. the most common street racers in my town drive z28's, t/a, c5's, stangs etc. they are heavier and faster than imports therefore making them more dangerous... i bet if you saw two people racing i.e. mustang vs. integra you'd probably follow the teg til no end to get him locked up, that is obviously your biased view of things... why don't you cut your crap and stop lecturing the honda drivers and look to your own kind....asshole, if i see anyone following me for any reason at all i'll be sure to call MY friends and block their ass in a dead end and break his neck.

btw, if i could afford a z06 it'd already be in my garage...

Old 09-03-2002, 07:15 PM   #8
mt.biker

all take you all! joking!

how about you not start crap dude.. i'm sick of this bs, domestics are built buy fat lazy north americans! end of story! who cares if they are fast, they look like shit and sound bad too... get out of here!

Old 09-03-2002, 08:21 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
hate to say it guys, but he is kinda right. no one here car argure domestics can be faster per buck over a N/A honda engine.. its jsut a fact. and they can use their power more efficently(rwd) and the larger displacment picks up more power, same as a header on a h22 does more than a header on a b16. i dont rev on people, but i am guilty of "exibition of speed" on public roads, usualy against cars who think they are something.

so what if he is right he is still a moron in my eyes, not for the fact that he is right but fot hte fact he is a fuc*in' ashole who refuses to grouw up.

Old 09-03-2002, 08:27 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
i agree, v8killimports is not a COMPLETE moron, im not in favor of street racing either, but he only sees things from his point of view, not realizing that their ARE domestic guys out their that street race also. the most common street racers in my town drive z28's, t/a, c5's, stangs etc. they are heavier and faster than imports therefore making them more dangerous... i bet if you saw two people racing i.e. mustang vs. integra you'd probably follow the teg til no end to get him locked up, that is obviously your biased view of things... why don't you cut your crap and stop lecturing the honda drivers and look to your own kind....asshole, if i see anyone following me for any reason at all i'll be sure to call MY friends and block their ass in a dead end and break his neck.

btw, if i could afford a z06 it's already be in my garage...
he sumed up what i ment

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:27 PM   #11
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

so what if he is right he is still a moron in my eyes, not for the fact that he is right but fot hte fact he is a fuc*in' ashole who refuses to grouw up.

not only that, he's also full of sh*t... claims to have civics preludes and accords revving at his 550 hp 12 second car. how lame is that, whether we're enthusiast or not, i would assume we'd know better than to rev our puny hondas at those type of cars...

Old 09-03-2002, 08:54 PM   #12
Kyle
elyK

Re: It's about attitude..

Quote:
I am tired of being challenged by some punk in a civic, accord, prelude, whatever to street race.. first off, how dare he.

exactly!
how dare HE...not us...HE
so stfu and quit bitching!
YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!
get the **** out

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 09-03-2002, 09:09 PM   #13
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

ok you can flame me all you want v8killimports because im not going to read this after im done so here i go:

WTF is wrong with you? Do you have a small dick or something because you seem to think that you need to make yourself feel better by bashing on people who you dont ****ing know, and putting us into a generalization of 16 year old kids who do nothing to their cars. I know my car isn't fast, I know it will never be that fast. most of the people on this board know that their cars will either not be anywhere near that fast.. or they will be dropping ALOT of money into their cars to get them there, but thats there choice. Who the **** are you to judge them? Your no one, your just another stuck up prick in a domestic whos pissed off about something, who knows what.. but jesus christ, instead of bitching to us, ***** to the ****ing kids that are pissing you off. And by the way, if I ever saw anyone following me, he better have a reason, a bunch of friends, or a gun..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
Old 09-03-2002, 11:16 PM   #14
V8killimports

Mt. Biker you moron...

"domestics are built buy fat lazy north americans"... I think you have embarassed everyone here by this statement. Are you under the impression that all japanese cars are built over in Japan then shipped here? You moron.. do a little research before you speak next time. And BTW, I hate the camaros today.. ugly and boring, but still have some balls. The last camaro built I liked is a 69. Mustangs I really don't like either, however they are easily and cheaply modified. you can't get a better bang for your buck from any other platform. I don't even buy new cars because they are a waste of money...with one exception.. the viper. All new cars depreciate very quickly. I in fact have a 94 Honda Civic Si which I would be lucky to get $5000 for...less than 1/3 it's purchased value.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:56 PM   #15
gixer

Re: Mt. Biker you moron...

Quote:
"domestics are built buy fat lazy north americans"... I think you have embarassed everyone here by this statement. Are you under the impression that all japanese cars are built over in Japan then shipped here? You moron.. do a little research before you speak next time. And BTW, I hate the camaros today.. ugly and boring, but still have some balls. The last camaro built I liked is a 69. Mustangs I really don't like either, however they are easily and cheaply modified. you can't get a better bang for your buck from any other platform. I don't even buy new cars because they are a waste of money...with one exception.. the viper. All new cars depreciate very quickly. I in fact have a 94 Honda Civic Si which I would be lucky to get $5000 for...less than 1/3 it's purchased value.

so wtf do you want us to do with this "useful" information?... you seriously have issues man, go write a book, you might feel better...

btw, if you wanna talk about depreciation, honda is the wrong co. to pick on sister...

Old 09-04-2002, 12:03 AM   #16
ShEaNy

hey id give u about 100 bucks for ur car..hows ur gas milage doing turn it on OOPS gas station time...wow get a life....im not some rich bastard like u that can dump 5 grand in gas every week....oops i mean year..i think ..lol.....hey ur right there is hondas built in america...maybe by japanese people maybe not how the f*ck do u know..U've been in one factory over here? i hope so cause u think u know what ur talking about...i sure as hell dont...
Old 09-04-2002, 12:07 AM   #17
ShEaNy

i forgot to say Y does it matter who builds them....my honda didnt break down for 10 years...till i bought it oh well bad luck for me..person before had no problems..how bout urs...plus im going for mostly looks on my car....how many body kits u got for urs..now oh right ur all about speed ..im sorry....dont get killed now..track...city..whatever.. and u got anypics? or are we all going to talk more trash about this... sorry boys defending the territory from idiots..
Old 09-04-2002, 12:16 AM   #18
Spazum888
3rd Gear

haha much hate...

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Old 09-04-2002, 12:39 AM   #19
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazum888
haha much hate...

I know. Why can't we all just get along?

Old 09-04-2002, 12:44 AM   #20
Spazum888
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by richmclaren

I know. Why can't we all just get along?

agreed... i think you guys should shake hands... or atleast stop argueeing....

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Old 09-04-2002, 01:02 AM   #21
ShEaNy

i dont think it will ever end. boys and girls....another will strole in..with daddies car..and talk trash....keep ur guard up... *looks around room*
Old 09-04-2002, 01:16 AM   #22
Violent Apathy

Heyy V8, sure your car (assuming you actually have one) can go fast in a straight line, but how does it handle? How's the gas milage? Or the insurance?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 09-04-2002, 01:57 AM   #23
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBaconKing
Heyy V8, sure your car (assuming you actually have one) can go fast in a straight line, but how does it handle? How's the gas milage? Or the insurance?

none of that matters...imports vs. domestics, it's all crap, the point im trying to prove here(which isn't hard) is that v8killimports is an idiot...

Old 09-04-2002, 07:35 AM   #24
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer

none of that matters...imports vs. domestics, it's all crap, the point im trying to prove here(which isn't hard) is that v8killimports is an idiot...

you don't have to make a point here. we all know that

Old 09-04-2002, 07:43 AM   #25
Kyle
elyK

**cough**cough** ban his IP **cough cough**

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 09-04-2002, 09:13 AM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

He does bring up a few good points. But its pretty sad that he doesnt have anything else to do with his time but sit around, and bash on imports all day *yawn*. Me being a "true car enthusiast" knows that there are benefits to both domestic and imports.

My suggest to Mr. V8 is to find something more constructive to do with his time then to come on an import site and bash imports. If you feel like bashing imports, stay on your Detroit muscle websites and bash us all you want. Dont bring your crap here because we dont need it.

Now if you actually have something useful to say, then buy all means say it. But if not. We can arrange to have you banned or we can just sit around and delete all you negative post. I just hope you can be more mature then the dumb import driver that revs on you in the street, and do the right thing.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:28 PM   #27
V8killimports

omfg...lol

First off... I don't care who builds what cars.. makes no difference to me.. It was the brilliant Dr. Mt. Biker that said domestics are built by lazy North Americans. What a moron, but now I understand because I see you are from canada...so I understand the ignorance now.. you are excused. My point was that hondas are build in the U.S. in japanese factories by "lazy north americans" just as domestics are...

And next on my car being a gas guzzler? Yes... WOT it is.. but highway I can still manage 20mpg with my double OD tranny. I know that's not your 35 mph as your hondas get..but I guess that's why i also drive a honda civic.. for the gas.

And for car insurance?? Lol..someone didn't do their research.. car insurance is not based on how fast your car goes. The one thing which will make your insurance sky rocket is how new your car is. My insurance..clean record.. costs me $350 a year with haggerty insurance... fully covered up to $30,000. How is your insurance??? And next..this being a daddy's car..or whatever you called it? No, I don't think so.. I bought it with cash. You are the last person to talk.. I have read numerous posts on here about kids talking about how their mom wants them to sell their integra and get a civic etc etc.... Please don't talk about things you know nothing about... you want a pic? Here is a link..

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/michaelmo...tos.yahoo.com/
Old 09-04-2002, 01:32 PM   #28
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Very nice '57 Chevy!!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:03 PM   #29
Kyle
elyK

nice car...but i think it's ugly...
YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!
get the **** out

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 09-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #30
V8killimports

well mobbo..some guys like fat chicks just like some like 4 door hondas.. we don't know why..they just do..
Old 09-04-2002, 02:21 PM   #31
ShEaNy

k ..now i ust wanna beat the f*ck outa this guy... lol thats all it comes down to now...sorry....and i bought my car cash buddy ...i dunno about this post ur talking about...im 18 what do u expect...how old are u sounds like ur about 7 but i forgot u can drive or take pics of someone elses car or get pics of someones car...lol
Old 09-04-2002, 02:24 PM   #32
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

this is getting out of hand guys. you either keep it down or i'm gonna close the thread

Old 09-04-2002, 02:25 PM   #33
V8killimports

lol you moron.. I am not here to prove that this is my car.. believe it or not.. I don't car.. and what are the chances that I took a pic of this car in a lot...then stalked the guy to a garage where he put in a 6speed and took pics there? You want to beat the **** outa me? LoL.. you sound like a little internet turd who gets too excited at these posts that you react this way.. BTW..how do I know you didn't take pictures of some other guys car? in fact.. I am pretty sure that's what you did..
Old 09-04-2002, 02:26 PM   #34
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
this is getting out of hand guys. you either keep it down or i'm gonna close the thread

And I am not the one talking about beating the **** outa people.. they asked for pics.. so I got them pics..
Old 09-04-2002, 02:27 PM   #35
V8killimports

And I bought my car CASH as well.. why does that have anything to do with anything?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:30 PM   #36
ShEaNy

i said U coulda got them from anywhere i can get tons of pics off the net and people .... im some turd huh BAHAHAHA ....look at u ur sitting there waiting for me to write i come on here once a day.maybe if that... honda this shoulda been closed right after this guy started it and he should be banned..maybe i get mad easy....wow.....lol now im laughing ahaha ahh im not coming back to this post...
Old 09-04-2002, 02:33 PM   #37
V8killimports

LoL.. I am off work for the day.. that's all you can take a shot at? This has been the most entertaining shit in a long time.. I thank you for being my little dancing monkey.. dance little monkey dance!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #38
ShEaNy

ah what the hell iseen u wrote back( which was the plan) wow look at that i just seen a civic beat that viper ...wow..god damn slow I-4's lol *dances outa the room scratching balls*
Old 09-04-2002, 02:39 PM   #39
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

no dude everybody is entitled to their oppinions, and i he makes a point, but his problem is that he puts all the honda drivers in one pot. i got my fair share of ricers, and punks reving on me for no reason, but i don't go to sites and start talking crap.

BTW you got a nice car there V8. did u modify the engine to run on unleaded fuel?

Old 09-04-2002, 02:39 PM   #40
msvtec14

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. LMAO This is the funniest thing I've read all day. V8killimports, maybe you should take all of this hostility to the Jerry Springer Show and get the f*ck out of HS if hate on us so much.

Closed Thread