Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
seanjuan

How to sell my car quick?

Hey,
I was just wondering if any of you have experience selling older Honda's? I'm going to be puting mine up for sale this summer and want to know if it is worth fixing certain things. I'm planning on puting it up on some online car ad places like Carsoup or Autotrader and have a link to my website for additional pics.

I've got rust on the rear wheel fenders like most cars my age and alot of little chips and scratches... should I try to get this stuff fixed and dump money into the car before I sell it?
Are people going to pay more for my stereo(which is very nice) or should I pull it out and sell everything on ebay?
I have a set of 96 HX alloys also, should I sell them to a friend and get his stock steel wheels before I sell it or sell it with the rims?

any advice would be great, I've never sold a car before.
thanks

BTW it has 156k miles on it and I'd like to get about $3500 for it
does that sound decent?
Old 06-02-2003, 01:07 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

it would be better to part out the cars better stuff (stereo, the hx wheels, etc) They will not bring more money to the car, but will give you a decent price by themselves (lots of people on honda-tech.com want hx wheels, by the way)

be sure to let people know that the car is rusted in places, too...be honest about everything so you dont come off as a dick.

The car has a lot of miles on it, and 3500 seems way too steep to me. But, to the right person it might be alright.

good luck w/ it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #3
seanjuan

Yeah, I'm definately not going to try to hide anything when I sell it because I wouldn't want someone to do that to me either.
Do you think I should put the stock shifter back in as well? I have a solo short shifter right now.

If anybody would like to make offers on my wheels I'd be willing to talk but i'd need wheels in exchange as well so anybody local would be best. the tires still have alot of good tread on them

the solo shifter is blue and about a year old. I don't have the old bushings anymore so It would just be the shifter. offers on that as well. I think I paid 90 for it last year

I also have a complete set of dark blue door handles for a 4dr and the matching license plate frame. four mudflaps as well. plus a couple spare door pillars (the ones that always break in half)

if you know of anyone who would want this stuff let me know
thanks for replying

Sean
Old 06-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #4
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

what you SHOULD do is ask around on various forums for the stock radio head unit.. then sell your head unit on ebay.. and install the cheapy stocker.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
seanjuan

I have a stock civic tape deck laying around. but i was thinking I'd leave a cd player in it because i think it will help it sell. I have an old sony head unit that isn't worth more than $90 that i will probably throw in.

thanks for the tip