::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2002, 11:21 PM   #1
vtechnicality

Altezza's, Nice or RICE?

whats your opinion on newest generation ALTEZZA tails .. NICE or RICE?..

My opinion, is that all altezza's are RICE other then the S-types or red and clears. For some reason i cant stand them, and especially when i see a nice car with them. It makes me annoyed. that they had to result to Unclebens. I personally think im going to start a photo album of all the hooked up cars. that look phat. UNtil the Riced out Tezza's in the back. IM gonna take a snapshot of all the Tezza's and let people rate them for the ugliest one.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:45 PM   #2
AsnGuy521

Hell ya...altezza are played out! I got the 00 civic 4dr red/clear ones cuz I didn't like the altezza that everybody and their momma has. The ones I have makes the car look real clean.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #3
vtechnicality

Quote:
Originally posted by AsnGuy521
Hell ya...altezza are played out! I got the 00 civic 4dr red/clear ones cuz I didn't like the altezza that everybody and their momma has. The ones I have makes the car look real clean.

clean is what we're looking for peeps... hehehe RICEEEEEEEE-a-roni the san fransico treat.. DING DING..

Bro... civics already come wit the red and clear all u gotta do is switch the brake bulb the taillamp.. thats what we did to my friends .. she owns a 99.. Just to spare her from the humility of rocking " tezza's" on her ride gag me wit a pitchfork
Old 04-02-2002, 12:47 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I don't personally like them (except certain "custom" ones on certain cars)... but I thinking bashing altezzas is even getting played out at this point

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 08:15 PM   #5
HondaTypeJ

Altezzas are straight up played out. Especially here in Los Angeles where EVERYONE has them. Every corner you turn there is someone with them. Moms, Old chicks, chunts, you name it. I personally like the Red/Clears and that is what I have on my ride. I also like the ALL clear, but they are illegal.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

CF altezzas are very pretty IMO..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #7
NCSTYLE

Ya altezzas are very common..almost as common as rims and load mufflers
Old 04-03-2002, 08:27 AM   #8
vtechnicality

Tezza'z

I live in sort of the ghetto... but not really.. its just a big city.. so im used to seeing alot of modded out imports.. but its like .. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody call time out on the frikkin altezza's. Im gonna start dreaming about altezzas dancing in my head.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:29 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i like some altezzas on the 6th gen civics, but the altezzas for the 92-93 accord just suck.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:34 AM   #10
vtechnicality

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i like some altezzas on the 6th gen civics, but the altezzas for the 92-93 accord just suck.

http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022...697-ALT-G3.jpg

im gonna start posting the ugliest ass lights.. so that people know NOT TO DO IT!! ..

nightmares are bad!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:17 AM   #11
spoogenet

They look good on the '95 coupe....but thas mainly cuz they're almost identical to the ones on the actual Altezza....I've never seen them look good on any other car than those two.

b
Old 04-03-2002, 05:13 PM   #12
vtechnicality

RALPH RALPH anddddddddd RALPH
Old 04-04-2002, 08:42 AM   #13
spoogenet

Re: ralph

So you don't even like them on the IS300?

b
Old 04-04-2002, 10:08 AM   #14
HondaTypeJ

Well, that is an expection. Altezzas belong on that car, NOT on most other cars (in my opinion). 2 years ago I was all hyped up about getting Altezzas for my car and then when I finally got my car (2 years later, lol), they were just There needs to be something else made....how about those LED type looking lights on the back of those new BMW's?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:03 AM   #15
vtechnicality

oh hells yea

hells yea the bmw ones are wicked nice. And to reply about the altezza and the is300 yea i like them on that car. bc they dont look rice on that car. And they are different looking. They dont look wack.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:39 PM   #16
spoogenet

Then how about on the '95 coupe Accord? It's almost the identical light....

If people think they're ugly just because everybody else has them....then, well, I guess we'd have to say Civics and Accords are ugly as well. Although I do think some Civics and Accords are ugly anyways....

b
Old 04-04-2002, 02:16 PM   #17
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I have altezzas and I think they look good on my car. I do agree that they don't look good on all cars, but if that's what floats their boat. When I got my altezzas not many people had them on their cars where I'm from, but lately I've noticed they've become like a**holes....everyone has them. But I've decided to keep them on and just keep doing other mods to my car to make it different.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:57 PM   #18
Civicfrenzy

when i first got altezzas on my 96 civic i liked em alot, but then i started looking for 'em on the roads and i have noticed that everyone and their borther has them, so no problem right i put the old lights back in, 1 problem! my friend helped me put the altezzas in and broke my old tail light when he was taking it out! , so anyone know where i can get some taillights, just the ones with the red and clear stripes, thnx peoples
Old 04-04-2002, 06:10 PM   #19
alpine3069

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I thinking bashing altezzas is even getting played out at this point

i have to agree!! i am sick of hear about how "played out" they are!!! why can ppl just get over it!!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:01 PM   #20
vtechnicality

Quote:
Originally posted by Civicfrenzy
when i first got altezzas on my 96 civic i liked em alot, but then i started looking for 'em on the roads and i have noticed that everyone and their borther has them, so no problem right i put the old lights back in, 1 problem! my friend helped me put the altezzas in and broke my old tail light when he was taking it out! , so anyone know where i can get some taillights, just the ones with the red and clear stripes, thnx peoples

E to the B izAY

for anyone who doesnt understand.
EBAY!!!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:03 PM   #21
vtechnicality

Quote:
Originally posted by alpine3069

i have to agree!! i am sick of hear about how "played out" they are!!! why can ppl just get over it!!

its not the point IF THEYRE PLAYED OUT? or not.. it was a question.. if they where RICED OUT. or a good mod.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #22
spoogenet

I think they look good on some cars, not good on others. I like them on the '95 Accord, IS300, and I've seen a couple other model/year combo where they look good.

Everyone's got a Civic, too....shoulda gotten a Kia, nobody's got one of those.

If you're so anal about your car being different than everybody else's, start out with a car that everybody else doesn't buy to make look different. C'mon, the Civic is one of the most popular cars to buy and customize, so if you buy it and customize it, you're just doing the same thing everybody else is doing. If you want to look different...well...it's like alternative music, it became the very mainstream that it claimed to be an alternative to. How many people have seen a phat ride and bought something for your own car because it looked good on someone else's? It's like a bunch of women who can't wear the same dress somewhere....

On the other hand, you could buy a Civic because you like it, you could customize it because you want to personalize your car and make it look how YOU want it to look....in which case, if you liked the Altezza style lights in the past, why hate on them now just because everybody else has them? Make your car look how YOU want it to look.

Please try to distinguish between the sarcasm and serious points interleaved throughout this post....

b

(the Kia thing's a joke....in case you didn't get it)
Old 04-05-2002, 02:07 PM   #23
DsBlu01CivEX

Altezzas are alright...I dig them on some rides...and some just don't like right (to me). So to each their own. I'm not gonna hate on them nor am I going to support them....And altezzas themselves don't make a car look ricey. The owner does it to their own car. And yet again to each their own in that case. What we might consider ricey and never do to our own cars, the person that did it thought their whip looked good. So don't hate on their car for you thinkin it looks ricey. There might be something about your car that they think is ricey or they don't like. Be open minded people.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:29 PM   #24
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by vtechnicality

its not the point IF THEYRE PLAYED OUT? or not.. it was a question.. if they where RICED OUT. or a good mod.

Don't you mean

It's not the Post if they are played out... I just wanted another opertunity to Bash them !!

Well just to let you know... I got them , so your bashing me... so let me put my two cents in....

go sit on the Corner... and count how many cars don't have Altezza's and how many cars do have altezza's.
After about an hour you might get the point

Now here's the real KICKER

How many of those cars were Yours ???

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 10:59 AM   #25
vtechnicality

my opinion counts right? heheh but you guys like the stypes?
Old 04-10-2002, 09:45 PM   #26
hondav6

I have altezza's on my 95 burgandy cord and i think that it really looks nice. Thats just me though
Old 04-10-2002, 09:47 PM   #27
hondav6

E, does your oppinion really count????
Old 04-12-2002, 06:19 PM   #28
vtechnicality

Quote:
Originally posted by hondav6
E, does your oppinion really count????

hey u!! WANNA FIGHT???

Old 04-12-2002, 06:31 PM   #29
hondav6

Quote:
Originally posted by vtechnicality

hey u!! WANNA FIGHT???

Just bring it!!!! you can't handle this!!!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 08:17 PM   #30
slowEJ6

altezzas cant be rice. they arent advertising a product you dont have. this topic is so old. find something else to cry about please.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:56 PM   #31
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Rice, I really don't like them on any car other than the ones that come from the factory with em!
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 04:06 PM   #32
vtechnicality

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
altezzas cant be rice. they arent advertising a product you dont have. this topic is so old. find something else to cry about please.

does it frustrate you when people conversate over something to distinguish weather or not it in fact is or isnt a good mod for their car? reeeeeee-lax
Old 04-16-2002, 01:02 PM   #33
TruHeel142

Ok I'll join in now:

Euros look good on some cars and bad on most others, I won't bash them, because i think on some they look good. But just stop bashing ppl who do have them, they probably have different taste than you.

And I think on any black car, the CF Tezzas look REALLY good. I'll admit it, if my Teg wuz black, I'd get the CF tezzas immediately, because they look nice and they are not played out. But it's all a trend, so everything will get "played out" sooner or later.

The point is, get what you like on your car, stop worrying about what other people have on their cars. If you think tezzas look good on ur car, get them, period.

And no I don't have tezzas, cause they look BUTT ugly on a white Teg, but thats not the point
Old 04-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #34
Jakethesnake

What you guys think of the CF tezza's that go for the 94 accord...the ones with two circle lights and above is a turn signal...i can post a link for those taht dont know what i'm talking about....i got a dark blue car so i think they'lll look nice on my car..
Old 04-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #35
EX_AutoXer

i like the altezzas on some cars, but it just sucks that some people just throw them on everything. some taillights are ugly, and need to be changed, but why would you ever want to replace the red / clear euros on the 99-00 coupes?? or even put altezzas on the 96-98 when you could get the red / clears put on?? if they improve the look of the car (very rarely!!)- go for it but if your doing it to make your car custom - stay away
Old 04-28-2002, 10:28 PM   #36
iamsparticuz

http://www.rufuz.com/images/rice.jpg
http://www.rufuz.com/images/rice2.jpg

The 2nd picture has nothing to do with alteezas but i when i look @ that picture it just makes me laff.

I think alteezas are rice except for the black ones. Other than that the rest are just tacky and ugly. I agree with everyone else tho, its whatever floats your boat. If you think they look nice get em, if not, don't. Its kinda the same as some of those apr aluminum spoilers, lots of ppl think those are riced and ugly, and i think they look pretty cool on some and riced out on others. But its all in your opinion.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:42 PM   #37
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well altezzas look cool if the chrome part is painted to match your car. i've seen the altezzas on the 6th gen on a whitre and a silver car and they looked quite nice.

Old 04-29-2002, 05:35 PM   #38
ShEaNy

anybody think they'd look good on a 91 white accord 2 door?...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 05:44 PM   #39
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

noooooooo, the available altezzas 4 the 4th gen accord
1st gen altezzas look like they are muskeeto bites on the rear end of the car
2nd gen altezzas look like your taillights have pimples

Old 05-01-2002, 11:58 AM   #40
ShEaNy

damn...so is there any other style?.. i really like em though but i mean if they were on my car and they looked ugly ON the car to me ... I"d prolly take off and sell em....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote