::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
nicksaccord

Please Help, Need Help badly

Hello, I recently purchased a 93 accord ex from my sister, anyways, she has owned the car since new and has taken very good care of it. It currently has an unbelievable amound of km on it and is very clean. Several months ago when it was snowing heavily, I was driving and drove into a snowbank because there was a car speeding towards me (it was either kill myself and the other person due to the other guys speed, or drivve into a snow bank and not risk anything like death). Anyways, the car was pretty much suspended on ice, after spending about 2 hours getting it down, everything seemed fine. As it turned out, the muffler somehow had managed to come loose from the engine and was not even attached to the engine for about 1 and half months. I got that fixed, but recently, my D4 light does not turn on, and prior to that, I was noticing that the gas would finish very fast.

I posted the same question on another forum and someone told me that it was my Torque Convertor Solenoid or something like that. If someone could please suggest anything please let me know. I trust the other member on the other board, but I just want to get a basic Idea of where it is and how I can find out if that is the problem really or anyother. I have access to a full garage at school, so is it something I can fix myself? and could it be something else?

Thanks allot for taking the time to read this long and boring post.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

welcome to HS first of all.

for the d4 light the bulb might be burnt (simple as that). the lights are switching on from the gear shift lever inside the car. there is a big switch right there that will make the lights go on and off. and for the gas mart might be time for a tuneup. what's your average mpg ? Also without a muffler i noticed that my car would suck on gas big time. i really wouldn't worry about anything to ther car, except the frame.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:35 PM   #3
spoogenet

I don't really have any answers to your questions....but I would at least say that there is the possibility that much more has issues. Running a very hot engine into a very cold snowbank causes a lot of stress on the metal to have that drastic a temperature change in so little time. Metals can easily crack under such conditions.

b
Old 04-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I don't really have any answers to your questions....but I would at least say that there is the possibility that much more has issues. Running a very hot engine into a very cold snowbank causes a lot of stress on the metal to have that drastic a temperature change in so little time. Metals can easily crack under such conditions.

b

if you are talking about cracks it would have cracked instantenously, and wouldn't have waited for such a long time to crack.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:09 AM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

as long as it drives when in D then dont worry about it... its just a light... and like hondaman said... it just might be a burnt bulb...
as for the gas thing... there could be many variables.. just get it checked out by a mechanic... might be something simple.... either that or its just in your head cuz you crashed into a snow bank you think theres something. wrong.... all in all... i think you should be fine....
how much mileage diff are we talking about here???
Old 04-30-2002, 06:55 PM   #6
cbrennan

Can you tell if your car actually shifts int 4th gear? Start out on a long straight away and slowly accelerate. Try to feel the upshifts 1-2,2-3,3-4 if you attain all four gears then it just might be a bulb. If not that might account for loss of fuel economy(being stuck only in 3rd gear) Can you shift all the way to low gear? The shifter cable runs right dow the center of the car and that may have been damaged when you got stuck.

Good luck,
Chris