User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2002, 07:39 PM   #1
4jacks

Ok Too Late, I'm going take the Plung

Ok, I've Done It I've purchased the Alarm remote starter off of Ebay

Here's where I bought my Alarm

What really sold me on this was, I write the dude selling the alarm on Ebay, asking about the "Technical Service" he's offering, He replies within 20 mins giving me a Number to Call with Any Questions.

I'm a gunna Do It ! I'm gonna get my freind to help me, and read the direction 5 times!!! It's $80 and If i mess up, I'll send it back and get $60 of it back.

What Prep is Involved ?!?!?!? I know I'm going have to take a lot of things apart to get to different parts and wires. So what exactly needs to come off Door panels ? Dash ? I'm hopeing I can have the car apart before my freind arrives and then get it done in a Day.

And a Helms manual, you guys seem to swear by them, Where can I get one and how much does it cost ??

Thanks

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

helms manual about $80 shipped from www.helminc.com

that won't help you much for an alarm maybe tell you how to take panels off.

you car has an imobolizer on it, which needs to be bypassed with a module. So right off the bat, i would say don't attempt this install! If you are truly sure you can do it, use DEI part number 555U.
Your gonna have to take off the underdash, driverside kickpanel, and steering column. Might have to take off more, not sure.
Here are the wiring color codes to your car

2002 Honda Civic
Code:
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION | | 12V|white |+ |ignition harness | | STARTER|black/white |+ |ignition harness | | IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |ignition harness | | ACCESSORY|black/red |+ |ignition harness | | SECOND ACCESSORY|white/red |+ |ignition harness | | POWER LOCK|white/blue |- |gray plug above drivers kick| | POWER UNLOCK|white/green |- |gray plug above drivers kick| | LOCK MOTOR|yellow/black | |back of the fusebox *3 | | UNLOCK MOTOR|yellow/green | |back of the fusebox *3 | | DISARM DEFEAT|yellow | |back of the fusebox *3 | | PARKING LIGHTS +|red/black | |back of the fusebox | | PARKING LIGHTS -|blue | |factory alarm plug *1 | | HEADLIGHTS|blue/red |- |headlight switch | | DOOR TRIGGER|*2 |- |factory alarm plug *1 | | DOME SUPERVISION|comes on with unlock| | | | TRUNK/HATCH PIN|red |- |factory alarm plug *1 | | TACHOMETER|blue | |test connector *4 | | SPEED SENSE|white/green | |PCM *5 | | BRAKE WIRE|white/black |+ |brake pedal switch | | HORN TRIGGER|orange |- |steering column | | WIPERS|blue (L), blu/yel(H)|- |steering column | | LF WINDOW UP/DN|red/blk - red/yel |A |drivers window switch | | RF WINDOW UP/DN|blu/red - blu/wht |A |drivers kick panel | | LR WINDOW UP/DN|brn/wht - brown |A |drivers kick panel | | RR WINDOW UP/DN|blu/org - brn/yel |A |drivers kick panel | | RADIO 12V|white/red |+ |radio | | RADIO GROUND|black |- |radio | | RADIO SWITCH|yellow/red |+ |radio | | RADIO ILLUMINATE|red/black |+ |radio | | POWER ANTENNA| | | | | LF SPEAKER|grn/blk - lt green | |radio | | RF SPEAKER|grn/yel - gry/red | |radio | | LR SPEAKER|blu/wht - blu/blk | |radio | | RR SPEAKER|pink - blu/yel | |radio | Notes: NOTE: This vehicle has an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed when adding remote start. Use DEI part number 555U. *1 The factory alarm plug is a green plug above the drivers kick panel. *2 The drivers door trigger is green, front passenger door trigger is lt. green/red, and the rear door trigger is green/white. *3 In the top left plug. *4 It is a 2 pin plug to the passenger side of the battery. *5 The PCM is behind the glove box. The vss is in a connector A (31 pins), pin 18. The vss is also blue/white at the cruise control module to the left of the steering column.

Again if you or your friend have never done it, don't attempt it, at least not on this car.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:02 PM   #3
4jacks

Hmmmm........ disturbing news, I just HAVETA do this, I'll all pump for the remote starter and stuff. Let me get it in a take a look at it, see if I can get all the panels off and locate everything one time, before I decide on it or not.

So Basicly If I mess up this Immobilizer thing, I'm going end up towing the car into the dealer, for them to charge me an arm and a leg to fix my F###Up ....

Thanks for the great Wire Sheet I'm going print that out and keep it handy.

I'll keep ya posted !

Thanks Again

Happy Honda'ing
Old 02-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

possibly, you WILL need a DMM, your spare key i believe, u may blow the chip in the computer, be carefull
Old 02-27-2002, 06:16 PM   #5
4jacks

Ok I got the Remote Starter In the mail, and I read it over, and it looks (at first glance) EASY ... All the wire are nicely arrange and just nearly perfectly match the list you gave me !

QUESTIONS ? !?!?! ?

It say's not to install on Manual Transmittion ???
should I not install on Manual , is there anything I can do to install it, I just have to leave the car in Neutral right ??

There are different Door lock Wiring Diagrams, which do I have
A) 3 wire Negative trigger
B) 3 wire Positive trigger
C) 5 wire "Ground at rest"

The alarm has an Optional "Yellow Wire" Vacuum system Hook-Up... can I please just not mess w/ this ??

Tell me if these translations from what my directions have to what your wire chart has are correct.
INSTRUCTIONS THEN YOUR WIRE DIAGRAM
Unlock = POWER UNLOCK(white/green)
12V+ Out = 12V (white)
12V power = 12V (white)
12V+ INPUT = 12V (white) i have 2 of these
Lock = power lock (white/blue)
Factory Disarm = Disarm Defeat (yellow)
Dome Light = comes on with unlock , i can tape this off ??

I have a Spark Plug Sensor wire that say's "wrap around any spark plug cable or tachometer." I dont understand this !?!?!?

Also in direction I need
Ignition 1
Ignition 2
Accessory
You diagram has 2 Accesory and 1 ingnition, What do I do ?

What is a DMM I have 2 keys and a Valet Key, What do I do with It?

Last thing, The immobilizer, Where can I get the Module DEI 555U, and what are the steps in bypassing the Immobilizer ?

Well I know this is a lot, and I know it's not like I'm asking a lot of people, It seems to be just You Brandon, So I hope you dont mind taking the time to answer my Q's ?

Thanks alot !!

Happy Honda'ing
Old 02-27-2002, 08:05 PM   #6
BrandonClaps

ok for the door locks your gonna need ground for lock and ground for unlock and u connect them directly to your lock wires. yellow wire is for euro cars where there locks are done through vaccum. your alarm wasn't meant for a standard tranny so don't install that portion. so you don't need the dei module. spark plug sensor is so it knows when the car is starter you connect it to the tach wire, but again u won't be using it. the 12v out and 12v in and power. power would be constant, but i don't know what the 12v out and 12v in are for, parkin light blink?
Old 03-02-2002, 10:32 PM   #7
4jacks

Ok change of Plans

I found out what an imbolizer is, it's pretty cool, and i guess I wanna keep it, so i can't install an autostart anyway.

But like i said earlier all i really care about is opening the doors and making a loud DOUP DOUP sound.

I'm just going to take my Starter Alarm combo and Hook up the
Remote Locks
the siren
the LED
the Trunk poppers

I'm believe these are all the wires I need !

Alarm Wire Car wire
Unlock ------------------- Power Unlock ( white / green )
Lock --------------------- Power Lock (white / blue )
Trunk -------------------- Trunk / Hatch PIN (red)
Parking Lights +-------- Parking Lights + (red/black)
12v+ --------------------- Positive Battery Terminal

Does that all sound right ???!?!?!?!?
Will "Trunk / Hatch PIN" Pop the trunk ??

Also I can't FIND the Parking lights (red / black ) wire that is suppose to be located "Back of fuse box , in top left plug "

There doesn't seem to be much behind the fuse box, although thiers a lot going in the fuse box, ... Is this wire litterally going to be behind the fuse box ?? can't I just tap it from the front of the fuse box ?? and it is talking about the fuse box under the steering colloum right ???

Thanks Brandon !

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-03-2002, 01:12 AM   #8
BrandonClaps

to find the wires use a digital multi meter, sometimes those wires aren't correct so you may have to find it. I would tell you exactly, but havn't done one. You will also need a ground wire in addition to the rest. The trunk hatch pin isn't popping the trunk it watches it to see if it's opened. Pin is the thing that springs open when whatever is opened and shows a ground. if it's an output then its to pop it.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:29 AM   #9
4jacks

Yes, I was afraid the PIN was only the thing that makes the light come on..... but I do have a Trunk Output wire somewhere right ?? I have a trunk popper right next to my seat... that has to have a wire going to it... is their a way to trace that ??
And Yes I have 2 grounds... One Coming from the Alarm Unit and one on the Siren.

I dont have a digital multimeter, My dad may have one I can borrow... how do i use that ??

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #10
BrandonClaps

lol man you put the voltage on DC and u check the wires it will show 0v when the parking lights are off and 12v when they are on. that trunk hatch pin U were talkin about goes to the red wire, check my wiring diagram. How do you pop your trunk? Is it something you pull? Or is it a button you push?
Old 03-03-2002, 09:24 PM   #11
4jacks

Ok gotcha.. i was thinking it must be some expensive gizmo, ...

I pull a lever on the floor by the driver seat to pop the trunk.

the alarm has a trunk pop feature... it has a wire for "TRUNK"... I do not think it is for the PIN, cuase all the rest of the Wires that set off the alarm say "TRIGGER" ... So I'm suare this wire will pop the trunk.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-03-2002, 09:58 PM   #12
BrandonClaps

yea but you can't use the pop trunk since you use a cable and not an electric one
Old 03-04-2002, 06:52 PM   #13
4jacks

:o !!BaH I wanna use my trunk popper button ! ! !

Well I installed the alarm section today, It works great... I have Keyless entry and a panic button, that's about it. I still didn't dig around to find the parking lights wire.

I do have one last question about the fire wall... I didn't want to drill into it with out being sure where I'm going....

There is a plug that you can take out that nothing goes through, it really looks like it was made for this purpose. You can pull the plug out, drill the hole , run the wire through a slot on the side and put the plug back in. I just wanna make sure That , that plug is for that?!?!? Hope'ing it was a feature on the earlier models too..

Dont ask how I installed it without drilling the firewall it's really Ghetto

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-04-2002, 08:44 PM   #14
BrandonClaps

roflmao don't tell me you went thru the door jam thingy. i would have answered this sooner but it didn't say there was a new message ;[ But yea what kinda plug is it? Is it the carpet plug kinda thing? If so yes thats usually what it is, the plug the shape of it u should see the same shape on the firewall int he same spot. Make sure you use a rubber grommet so the wire doesn't cut when it's thru there. If you got a pic take a digi pic
Old 03-04-2002, 08:45 PM   #15
BrandonClaps

u can use the trunk popper, but u'll have to get a trunk popping solonoid and use the instructions in my how to in step by step topic
Old 03-06-2002, 05:11 PM   #16
4jacks

I did a good job puttin it through the door jam

*Begin's to cry*

Rofl.... ya.. I thought you would catch on to that one ! I'm just WAITING to drill the Hole, i'm not going keep it like that!
Great, trunk poppers are Cool! I can hook that up later though, right now i have to work on getting everything all set up right and finding the parking lights wire, I'm going need that for my fog lights too.
I'll see If I can get my Digital Camera Working !

Thanks again

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-07-2002, 12:29 PM   #17
4jacks

OK.... this sucks...

I've drilled a small hole through that spot in the firewall... i'm really thinking that was what it was built for. Anyway, I went through the first peice of sheet metal pretty easy and BINGO I can see the light of day shining through the hole. GREAT !! So i stick a wire tie through and go tot the engine compartment to see if i can find it... No luck ... so i stick a red wire through .... still no luck !

right after the first peice of sheet metal... I can see light but thier is another peice of metal maybe 1/2 inch in.. DO I HAVE TO DRILL through That ??? I wanted to be careful so i didn't yet. But I seriously cant find the hole I already drilled, i even took off the wheel and stuck my head in their to find it

so I'm really boggled on this one!

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-07-2002, 01:24 PM   #18
BrandonClaps

no your probably drilling through the wrong thing. The firewall is very thin and you should only be going thru one piece. Look on the carpet for a plug that u can pull out and u can see the firewall (from inside the car) Then look in the engine bay and look for a spot ont he firewall that looks exactly like the plug u pulled from the carpet. Drill there, or take some pics and show me.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:13 PM   #19
4jacks

Ok... I waited till dark and had my wife shine a flashlight through the hole. I'm just a moron for missing it. It's a pretty different desing than what you said though... the hole is not under the carpet.. it is above that area. their is a bubble in the sheet metal. on that bubble is the plug. on the left side of the bubble is the slit. From the Engine Bay it is flat their is no shape. Thier is an extra peice of metal that only allows you to get to the hole from the top. it also makes your wires run up when you stick them through. I imagine this is also added fire protection in case of a engine fire. I coulda drilled through it, it wouldn't of hurt anything, but i'm glad i didn't. I'll try to get pics, but i'll have to go to my dads for that and i wont be there all week.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-07-2002, 08:27 PM   #20
BrandonClaps

ok well run the wire through it, just make sure you cover those holes with a grommet or silicone so they don't cut the wire
Old 03-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #21
4jacks

YEA ... I'M DONE !!!

Brandon, Thanks for all the Help. I got it Installed and running, Everything is great, even put the Split loom on the wires in the engine bay and Zip Ties Zip Ties Zip Ties. I have to say even though I'm only running remote locks, I did a much better job then Best Buy did on my Wifes Neon's Alarm. Plus I saved $120.

Next time I'm Over my parents I'll snap a digital of the engine bay and under the dash. So You can Double Check my handi work.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-13-2002, 08:25 PM   #22
BrandonClaps

good job ;] no go do everyones! lol yea lemme see how you did. Where did you mount the brain?
Old 03-13-2002, 10:47 PM   #23
4jacks

I mounted the brain under the dash as High as possible... I mounted Siren facing Up in the very front of the hood. I mounted the Antenna as high up as possible too... under dash. I get decent range.

And I tried my best to make sure that the wires in the engine bay weren't touching anything hot... I ran the car for a good bit and checked everything they were touching... I also got Shiny chrome Split loom that is suppose to be heat resistent.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-14-2002, 04:06 AM   #24
Maxvla

congrats on a long install...
Old 03-14-2002, 10:13 AM   #25
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
congrats on a long install...

Thank you .. it was well worth all the time and effort.

And now i'm ready for anything.. !!

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-14-2002, 11:03 AM   #26
BrandonClaps

ok, change 2 things

1. change that chrome loom to black loom if you have black loom in your engine bay. if everything is taped, tape it. you want it to look factory.
2. face that siren down, facing it up moister will go down into it and you dont' want that.

other then that good job ;]

-Brandon
Old 03-16-2002, 04:32 PM   #27
4jacks

No shiny split Loom ??? Why no shiny split loom... i like the shiny... plus it was like $14 !

Siren Down ! Gotcha... will it be as loud though ??

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-16-2002, 04:46 PM   #28
BrandonClaps

yea it'll be as loud, if u put it to the side or up moister will get in there and destory it quickly. lol the shiny loom, you don't want anything attracting attention.