.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
Kool-Aid

Getting over it

What are some of the ways you have of dealing with break-ups?

Being out here in Iraq was not the best place to cope with it because Im pretty much isolated...so I had joined the men's/co-ed basketball team (and won the championship) and the women's basketball league...I actually gained interest in a guy here whose also from Nellis AFB, Las Vegas...so that kinds distracted me.
I started to wonder whether sex with someone you like, or a rebound, would also be of some help. I honestly don't think so, in fact, I may regret it.
Im pretty much ok and ready for some more action when I get home...I was just wondering what everybody else does/did to cope with break-ups...
Old 05-11-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
Wren57

Just a lot of reflection on the past and planning for the future. Took a lot of time, but I did it, and now am stronger than ever. Moving into a new apartment and out of the sh!tty dorms made it easier too, as with a move it is easier to "start over" bc I am now in a new place.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:20 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

I don't know that i fully have.....I'm gettin there though. I just spend a lot of time with my friends and go on road trips with them. Road trips are the best because you need stuff to talk about during them....it's the best time to have deep convos with people. Talking normally helps me the most.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
ShagginJet

^ ^yea, pretty much it's all been mentioned. I turned to music and friends, got back to the things that make me happy (beach, sun, riding, etc.) I'm not completely over it but will be shortly. I'm just stuck in crap cause i work with her, if i didn't have a great job i'd quit and be over it in a second. talking has really helped, to friends and certain people, .

As far as a rebound, it won't fix the problem but the distraction will definately help you forget for the moment. It's just another way to go about things. (beer and 420 help too, but shh!)

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:56 AM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

After a while you'll get numb.... I keep myself busy and redirect myself on what I thought used to be fun. I hang out with friends and talk/work on cars all day. Like Highlander said, it does makes it easier moving into another place.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:18 AM   #6
Kool-Aid

Well, yea, when I get back to Vegas I will definately have a new apartment just because the old one has a lot of memories...I think that working on my car when I get back, moving into the new apartment, hangin with my girl and goin out clubbin...wll definately help me get over him completely...yea baby!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
ShagginJet

It's sad that you have to learn to hate someone just so that you can live with the facts of what happen, so that you can deal with what you're given and with what's been taken away from you.

Being at this place kills me, i want a new job.

Old 05-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #8
Kool-Aid

I think it's anger that makes me accept the facts...
Old 05-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

see I don't hate my ex....I don't hate any of them....not the type of person I am. Just because we're not together doesn't mean that that person is a bad one. No reason to hate them. Can hate their actions or whatever, but I couldn't hate them. I forgive, but don't forget.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #10
ShagginJet

^ Umm... To hate their actions is still a form of hate towards them. I don't really hate her, just the way she's being, been, and the way things went down.

Old 05-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #11
biker's back

Figure out what's important to you, and do those things. Sleeping with a guy you dont really care about shouldnt do much more then confuse you.

For me it's driving, music, time with friends, running, mountain biking, swimming, movies and more time with friends.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #12
Kool-Aid

I can't say that I hate him...but I hate what he had done and the way he acted in the relationship...I can never hate anyone either. You can hate the way people are but not hate them...in my personal opinion...
Now that I think about it...coming here was probably the best thing for me...it made me stronger...dealing with the breakup in a place like this...
Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #13
CD5Passion

I dont think I hate my most recent ex, but I find that the best way, for me at least, was to start working out and have this goal of getting ripped. work out 3 times a week, maybe it's also the hope of attracting some hotties at the beach
Old 05-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #14
Kool-Aid

You wanna know something...I would be talking to this guy...and he's all into me and I see that...and I don't even think about the break-up at all...that's why I asked about the rebound question...because I think if I ever started chillin with this guy when we get home...everything would be all good...helping me get over it quicker...
Old 05-13-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
biker's back

I think if he's helping you to get over it quicker then it is a rebound
Old 05-13-2004, 06:02 PM   #16
Kool-Aid

Yea...that's true...ha ha ha. Oh well. Being a rebound isn't such a bad thing, is it? I don't know how I would feel if I were someone's rebound...
Old 05-13-2004, 09:04 PM   #17
biker's back

If I really cared about the girl, it would suck to be someone rebound...
Old 05-15-2004, 03:39 AM   #18
Kool-Aid

I don't know what it's like being a rebound but what if you thought about it like this..."you help a girl get over an asshole by making/helping her fall in love with you"...now wouldn't that be a GOOD rebound? She likes you anyway...you'rejust giving her a boost...he he he.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:43 AM   #19
vtracer20

when i broke up with my ex i pretty tried new stuff...like new sports to keep my mind off her, that helped alot
Old 05-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #20
ShagginJet

Being a rebound can't be that bad as long as the person knows. My rebounds have always known they were rebounds, not everyone is looking for something serious, so it's worked out for me.

I've not been a rebound but i'm pretty sure that i was a jumpstarted for ex, something to get her going again. It's sad but it's true.

Old 05-18-2004, 01:35 AM   #21
Kool-Aid

You know...it's been two months and I still am not over him...I can't help but think about how right most of the things felt...I truely loved him...