.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Zybach

Pre-nuptuals

Would you ask your spouse to sign a pre-nuptual before marriage?
Old 07-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hell yeah

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:03 PM   #3
ShagginJet

I wouldn't... I'm only getting married one time. I've learned my leason already. I know what I'm looking for, and when I take that step I can assure you it'll last. I'm not saying this cause I'm an arrogant ****, i've just been down that road already and learned a HUGE leason.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
vick88

i wouldnt, i think marrage is forever.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:30 AM   #5
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

No. That would be an indication of a lack of trust and I wouldn't be marrying them if that was the case.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackWolf
No. That would be an indication of a lack of trust and I wouldn't be marrying them if that was the case.

I agree! If your that worried about it you shouldnt be getting married.

As for would I, no I didnt.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:

Well said!....and I agree!
Old 07-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #8
Mushroom

Yup. 95% of people when they get married think it'll last forever. Half of those people get divorced. So, I'm guessing some of you that posted are wrong.

A pre-nup doesn't mean you don't trust each other, but the fact is if things don't work out the last thing you want to do it negotiate who gets what stuff. Also, having a pre-nup in that event really limits how much the government, your families, etc can screw you.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:12 AM   #9
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

My point was that if you really love and TRUST that person, what does it matter about MATERIAL possessions? I understand about sentimental things but they are things. You're making a commitment by marrying that person and what was "yours" becomes "ours"......
Old 07-08-2003, 12:23 PM   #10
ShagginJet

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Yup. 95% of people when they get married think it'll last forever. Half of those people get divorced. So, I'm guessing some of you that posted are wrong.

I will agree that most say what I'm saying, but I've been down that road, ring and all... it's not going to happen again until I'm ready. I've even met the ideal girl but had to turn her away because I feel I'm to young.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #11
SolPol

Re: Pre-nuptuals

Quote:
Originally posted by Zybach

Easier than asking after marriage. Chuckle chuckle.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:07 PM   #12
nonovurbizniz

If you have ANY kind of money you should DEFINATELY get a pre-nup....

It's not a matter of trust... it's a matter of reality...

You NEVER know what the future holds... loosing a realationship that you THOUGHT would be forever is bad enough... then find out that you ex is going for the throat upon dissolution... and you just jumped into the crappiest possible situation to be in...

Nothing like the one you once loved egging their money grubbing lawyer on to get you for everything you got...

It's just not worth it... w.o one it's just too risky if you have money...

I'm poor as a whore who don't like to F no more so I didn't get one... but if I start looking like I'm getting rich, I'm going post-facto on her a$$.

F all that "if you trusted me" sh!t... if it's never going to end it doesn't matter if you sign it!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:01 AM   #13
Mushroom

Quote:
My point was that if you really love and TRUST that person, what does it matter about MATERIAL possessions?

Your idealism trumps my cynicism. But the house you live in? The care of your children? Your retirement fund? All material things, yet all things that I'd rather have decided beforehand should the incongruous occur. The more you love and trust the person, the more pain you'll be in should the situation change, and the less you'll want to have to worry about your standard of living changing drastically at the same time.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #14
Sol's Eye

You know, its a sad day when this is a real debate. BlackWolf should be right. Marriage should be forever, and about ultimate trust, and yadda yadda yadda. But this is the 21st century. And we're humans, to make it worse. The list of people out there just waiting for a chance to screw you is looooong. Especially after a divorce. Most people when they get married do think it will last forever. And when it doesn't, they are hurt. And usually blame it on their partner. Which means they want to see them in as much pain as possible. And keeping that in mind, 50% is a hard number to ignore.

So to wrap up this novel, I would love to be able to agree with BlackWolf, but given the realities of the time, I think I would have to agree with mushroom and nonov. A prenup could really save your ass.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I guess I said that was because I don't have much money right now, meaning I'm not a millionare or anything. Everything I own is in MY name and therefore it can't be taken away by the other person. Anything before the marriage that that person owned, remains that persons item and can't be taken away legally. The house would get sold and split 50/50 and what was bought during the marriage would either be given to the other or if an agreement can't be met about said item, then sold and the money split 50/50 or the other person buys the other out. The care of my children would be MY children. I would give birth to them, not you (not you you, men). My retirement fund is what I worked for to take care of myself, not anyone else. Should I choose to share that, that would be MY choice. Yes, there are the basics that you need to share and but also protect yourself at the same time. You WILL have to alter your life style but that doesn't mean you will have to lose everything....can't tell I've been down this road before, can you??
Old 07-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #16
Zybach

I think nonovurbizniz and Mushroom hit the point on this one. I understand marriage is a sacred thing, but it's difficult to know if you've got the right person as a mate. Everyone is looking for that special someone, a person that's made just for him/her. But when you think about it what are the chances that the person for you will be within the social circle you hang around in? What are the chances that they're even in the same city? State? Country? or hemisphere for that matter. What I believe people do is settle for the next best thing, and THAT is a grave mistake. A pre nuptual is just insurance in case you've made that mistake. I heard a saying once that goes something like this: "Trust them, but always cut the cards."
Old 07-12-2003, 12:28 AM   #17
GirlRacer

well, I'd have to say, I don't have sh!t, so I'd be glad to split that with someone....

no pre-nup here.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:35 PM   #18
SKUNK-GSR

Shit......depends......on how much money I have...and how much she has...If I have cash cumin out my rump like no tommorrow..U bet she will...the divorce rate iz higher than ever nowa days..
Old 07-15-2003, 12:04 PM   #19
spoogenet

Yes. Her willingness to sign a pre-nup is an indication of trustworthiness, showing that she doesn't have a concern for my material posessions.

If she really loves me, she shouldn't care about any of my material posessions, and should be more than happy to sign a pre-nup.

Equally, I'd offer to sign a pre-nup so she can protect her own interests. If I'm not willing to tell her I only care about her, then I'm not willing to marry her.

Refusing as a matter of principle because of the sanctity of marriage is just unrealistic.....

b
Old 07-22-2003, 02:28 AM   #20
ricerX

Quote:
Everything I own is in MY name and therefore it can't be taken away by the other person. Anything before the marriage that that person owned, remains that persons item and can't be taken away legally.

I guess that varies from state to state, but here in MO, everything is up for grabs regardless of who owned it before the marriage.

In my case, I'll have to do a prenup. My dad and I have several properties that we have joint ownership on, and I can't risk losing something that isn't totally mine.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #21
pricelessguy

I have worked in a law firm and seen it all there is no way i could get married with out a pre-nup. Especially here. BlackWolf dont u think the father should hav equal custody of the child. He probably loves the child just as much as u. You wouldnt hav the child if it wasnt 4 him. And a proven fact is that Children who live with both parents are less likely to get into drugs, became pregnant as a teenager and get in trouble with the police. Anyways i really wish todays society didnt call 4 a pre-nup but it really does.

PS i live in Australia.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #22
mylittlecivic

what the hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
well, I'd have to say, I don't have sh!t, so I'd be glad to split that with someone....

no pre-nup here.

.... thats kinda sad you'd go into a relationship thinking you get half of his shit when you break up.

as for a pre-nup, i think i would, but explain that it makes no difference cause we arnt breaking up. i just want to watch my ass from someone who wants to take me for half of what i own.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:53 PM   #24
Wren57

YES! There is no reason not to. IF there was a problem and me and my future wife were to divorce (god forbid), I don't want to land on my ass at the curb outside the house that I paid for just because of a passionate feeling, or being afraid to confront my fiancee.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #25
mylittlecivic

i wouldnt take something from my x unless he treated me badly his stuff is his stuff.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #26
thermal
Banning Machine

Hard to say. I really dont have anything except my cars. I do agree that it is more of a reality issue than trust. I think that most females will disagree to pre-nup. I could careless either way. Everything happens for a reason. If you are meant to be with that person, pre-nup or not, you'd still be with her.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:59 PM   #27
77Speedracer77

I have to say that since being engaged for almost 2 1/2 years now my views have changed. I never believed in pre-nups whatsoever, but now, especially in this crazy *** world we live in, yes, I have changed my mind. Why? Because I am bringing a daughter into this marriage. No, I've never been married before, but have been to hell and back. I want to protect my daughter and make sure that SHE gets everything and anything in case there ever were to be a divorce or whatever. I will have a pre-nup and a will made up before I get married, therefore no one can take anything away from what I've built up for my daughter.
Just my $.02 cents.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #28
Kool-Aid

Maybe it just all depends...
Old 05-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #29
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by vick88
i wouldnt, i think marrage is forever.
you keep on thinking that.........
Quote:
Originally posted by Zybach

If I was independently weathly or owned a succesfull business, absolutely....it has nothing to do with trust...nothing is forever and that includes love and trust...why should someone else get something that I worked hard for just because we signed a piece of paper?

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #30
Kool-Aid

I totally agree...I get so mad when I hear that an ex wife collected some money just because of a divorce...if I were to deivorce a wealthy guy and we decided to divorce...I wouldn't want his money...
Old 05-25-2004, 10:08 PM   #31
IALuder

do guys realize how old this thread is. damn. at least you didnt make a new one.

as for me. im undecided. mostly likely no.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:40 AM   #32
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...the guy who made this thread hasn't posted in around a year or some shit. OOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote