DC Sport or Edelbrock header

2.5" exhaust with straight-though muffer

Hondata programable ECU
Old 01-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
AndrewGTR86

in the 1/4 mile an 0-60 approx
Old 01-31-2003, 10:19 AM   #3
crxb16hybrid

Well depending how you drive you might hit 14s maybe even better depending on track condition ect. My car runs 8.9 to 9.1 in the 1/8 and it has some of that stuff except it is a B16a instead of the type R......Personally I wouldnt waste my money on a type R there over rated and you dont get that much more hp for your money.......Go with an Ls block with a b16 head that way you still get the tork and hp along with V-tec....just my two cents
Old 02-06-2003, 06:04 AM   #4
pissedoffsol

depends on how yo ubuild it and tune it

between 12s and 18s would be my guess
Old 02-16-2003, 11:47 PM   #5
tooslow91crx

the larger intake piping from the type r isn't necessarily better. intake and exhaust velocity is just as, if not more important than volume. intakes are also designed to fit the car's engine bay in a certain way, so unless you had an integra, there's a good chance the intake won't fit anyways. for the record, as far as i know, a b18xx won't fit under the usdm hood. unless you have access to a dyno and someone that knows what they're doing, the hondata will do you more harm than good. same goes for the cam gears. just putting a b16a into a crx should put it into low 14's depending on the driver and the condition of the engine. the combination you're talking about could conceivably put you into low 13's if you tune it right. for what it would cost just for the b18c5 (ITR) or b16b (CTR), you could build a mean all motor b16a. depending on what prices you find, you might even be able to turbocharge the b16a for about the same cost as the type r motor. my advice would be to start with a stock jdm b16a engine, tranny, and ecu and go from there.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the programable ecu will matter on who tunes it and how much dyno time you wana devote to tuning. and then driver skill. your going to need to spend hours after hours at the track learning how to launch right, and get consistant. i'd say 13's are a pretty good chance. but i think a vafc would be more cost efficent(over a programable) if thats the setup your going to be running. you wont need the full features a programable has.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote