::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Sol's Eye

How do I change my blinker bulb?

When I bought the car, it had clear corners on, but still had an amber bulb in the passenger side. It looks really tacky with one side clear and the other side amber. So I finally broke down and bought a clear bulb for the passenger side, but now I can't figure out how to get the amber one out. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
crashoveride

um, take out the corner lense(two screws) then twist out the part that goes into it with the wires hanging out.....

better yet, go out to your car, pop the hood, and just look at it.....its easy, if you cant do it never work on your car again
Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Pop your hood...take out the screwed that hold the corner in. Take out the corner. Take out the light. Put a new 1157 (i think) bulb back in...VIOLA

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:59 PM   #4
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
Pop your hood...take out the screwed that hold the corner in. Take out the corner. Take out the light. Put a new 1157 (i think) bulb back in...VIOLA

Well, unfortunately, nothing on my car is as simple as it should be. I don't know if I mentioned it yet on this board, but when I bought my car it was totalled. The body shop I took it to got the frame back to within 1-2mm of its original form, but the problem is that 2mm was enough to press the fender down onto the corner. They must have put the fender on after the clear corner and the corner got wedged in there. That's why I couldn't get it out the first time I tried. So I am either going to have to remove the fender to get the corner out, or find some other way to get it out, because the fender has it pinched in there pretty good.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:11 AM   #5
diligent_dave

yer screwed

[/helpful post]
Old 01-20-2003, 01:26 PM   #6
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
yer screwed

[/helpful post]

Actually, not really. I am thinking that I am going to get JDM one-piece headlights. And I already know I am going to get Z3 fenders. So once I get both, I will just take the old fenders off, put in the new headlights with clear bulbs, and then put the new fenders on. I will just have to do everything at once instead of doing it in steps.