Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
Aquariust

Big Brakes ups and downs

Hi all,

I desperately want to change out the brakes on my 90 hb. I first plan to do a rear disc conversion, and get the new prop valve, m/c, and booster from a 90-93 teg. I know I also need the trailing arms, Rotor, Caliper, Ebrake Cables, anything else?

Is this the way to go? Are their any alternatives for the rear? Do Prelude or GSR rotors and calipers fit? What's involved in going bigger.

And what's the story on the front? What kind of brakes can I replace?

This next ? is a big newb ?, sorry. If the front brakes on my civic are 9.5, and the 90-93 integra brakes are 9.5, is there any point in changing them?

What options do I have in front brakes and what's involved in their changeover? Are the big gsr and prelude rotors compatible with my civic or an upgrade from the 90 teg?

Any options or opinions I'd like to hear guys!

Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

don't worry about the fronts. do the rears only. replace only the rotors and pads for the front

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:24 AM   #3
Aquariust

why is that?

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
blind34_1

If your looking for decent used parts, go to sohfast.com , I'm dealing with them right now. They can get a lot of parts that they don't list, so Its a good idea to talk to them via email for the best prices and products.

as for when you do the rear conversion, its real good idea to buy remanufactured calipers, because you have no idea what condition your donor vehicle was in.

the 4040 valve isn't REQUIRED but is recommended for better braking power.

and also, if you're looking to go with a big brake setup, and if you have some cash, take a look at http://fastbrakes.com/home/

they have kits for rear disc conversion, where I think you just bolt on some brackets. They provide everything for you, but you're going to pay for it, some of the kits range between 600-1000 dollars, but its good stuff.

I'm pretty sure for the front brakes you can switchover everything from the 90-93 integra, you can buy the knuckles each side for 100 each. I dont remember much about doing the front, so you'll have to do some research.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

also remeber that bigger brakes mean that you will need bigger wheels.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote