.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
blind34_1

Sager Notebooks = insanity in a small package

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html

I had never heard of this company until my teacher showed it to a few of us before class. Basically, these are laptops that have massive screens, raid arrays, and SLI support. Holy freakin cow.

NP5960-V looks to be the model with the most of those insane features. Maxed out it runs you 5 grand. but with dual video cards, dual hard drives, and a 20 inch screen...wow.

I would never buy one, but good god those are some specs....

Just something to drool over if you are tired of Falcon Northwest
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

one of these days I will actually figure out what Raid means and what it does.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

looking at their specs they aren't that great. they get a great vido card, but the other specs suck. 40gb hdd for 2800 ? i think i will pass. XP home ? no thank you. 512 mb RAM ? i don't think so. 5400rpm hdd ? that's pretty decent for a laptop.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
Robert
R-Tard

Seems interesting. Though the larger the monitor the less battery life. I perfer longer bat life and lighter computers.

I currrently work off a ultra high ress 14.1 or 15inch laptop monitor. I supliment this when at the office with a 17 inch secondary monitor. With the two going its highly productive and I keep the 8-10hours laptop battery life for traveling.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I did one fully spec'd for $5800 or so. Seems like a shit-ton of money for a laptop. Doesn't offer RAID 5, either (yeah, I looked it up ). I also can't see the point of dual graphics cards on a laptop. I guess if you did a lot of gaming...but that'd just kill your battery.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
drdingo21

This is the newest thread in here?

Either way I have one and love it. Very powerful machine. I'd reccommend them in a heartbeat.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:50 AM   #7
Everne

1. Sager Notebook

The Sager notebook was created by Dr. John Sager, who is a professor at the University of California Berkeley. He is best known for his research on the effects of marijuana on memory and cognition. His work has been published in many journals including Nature Neuroscience, Journal of Psychopharmacology, Neuropsychopharmacology, and Molecular Psychiatry. In addition to being a researcher, he is also a writer and author of several books, including “Marijuana Myths” and “Cannabis Pharmacy.”
Everne is offline   Reply With Quote