::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
CharlieDontSurf

$13K for a 2000 SI - what do you think?

Looking for opinions on what you all think is the market value of the following:

2000 SI
- 54,000 miles
- Wings West body kit
- Eibach Ground Controls
- DC Sport Strut bars
- front
- lower rear
- upper rear
- Altezzas
- 17x7 Axis Touring Cups
- 205/40 Nitto tires
- Greddy Evo Catback
- AEM CAI

It's above what Edmunds & KBB values; but since it's lightly modded I'm not sure what to make of it.

What do you guys/gals think is a fair value for the above car?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:53 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm i'd buy it, but then again we all know modded cars are somewhat abused in one way or another

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 09:08 PM   #3
CharlieDontSurf

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
... but then again we all know modded cars are somewhat abused in one way or another

Yup, I was thinking the same thing - but since mods were just basic intake/exhaust (besides the suspension upgrades) I'm guessing the owner was going more for 'show' than 'go'. Until I actually get to inspect the car and drive it I'll never really know.

I was looking at used DSMs or RX-7's but most looked like they were rode hard and put away wet - I couldn't seem to find a nice first-owner car for sale by a nice older lady... like I did with my first RX-7
Old 06-16-2003, 09:09 PM   #4
CharlieDontSurf

BTW, what are some common 'problems' that I should keep an eye out for on used '99-'00 SI's?

Is there an online SI Buyer's Guide posted somewhere?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:14 PM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

nothing really. If you can actually INSPECT the car before you buy it... take it to red line in 1-2-3... ask about oil consumption, and if possible, perform a compression test...

If you're dead serious about this car, then it might be wise to take it to a honda dealer to check the frame.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
Mischief(LTS)

54,000 is considerably low mileage. i would check it out like what teriyaki said and make sure the engine is good and all of the nitty gritty. the value i would pay tops would be 13500. and thats if the engine is in good condition, and if nothing has been tampered with/altered/, rims arent messed up, body kit isnt cracked, etc.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #7
CharlieDontSurf

Thanks for the info so far, guys-

Re: oil consumption... should there really be any in the B16A2? For example, in the 13B-T rotary they burn a little oil by design to help with the seals, but oil consumption is negligible in my 4G63 'boinger'.

Also, what is stock compression for the B16A2 (I couldn't find it using 'Search')?

On a side note, I used to live in OC also (San Clemente) but moved up to NorCal during the dot-bomb boom. I miss summertime in south OC *sigh*
Old 06-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #8
Mischief(LTS)

traitor :P

beaches, babes, and beer..!!
Old 06-17-2003, 01:46 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

no there should NOT be any oil consumption which means if there is he won't tell you...

I wouldn't buy it... you could get a 92-95 in good shape and a typeR swap for less than that..

compression is damn near 200... like between 180 and 200 I believe... could be wrong though.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:12 AM   #10
CharlieDontSurf

Or for about the same amount of $$$, I could pick up another RX-7.

Seen alot of 3rd Gens for on sale for $9K-$15K; I think they're value is going to go down even more when we start seeing more RX-8s on the road and all these old guys start dumping their RX-7s for the latest and greatest.

7s can be a pain in the ass to work on depending on what needs to be fixed, but they're pretty fast stock or with just a few basic mods. They need to be maintained meticulously and have the reliability mods done otherwise the you may run into problems.

I was looking at 92-95 SI hatches, but can't seem to find too many... lots of DXs tho'.

I've seen some engine-swapped SIs for sale but since I'm in Cali wouldn't smog-checks pose a problem?
Old 06-18-2003, 03:13 AM   #11
pbateson

Get the SI with sunroof.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #12
CharlieDontSurf

Since I moved for a much higher salary, I like to consider myself a Mercenary rather than traitor
Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
traitor :P

Ummm.... YES, YES and YES!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
beaches, babes, and beer..!!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:58 PM   #13
Mirkwo0dForest

OH 3rd Gen RX-7 is one of my many dream cars...
amazing how that lil 1.3 liter (if i'm correct) can churn so much power...
props to the rotary man...
for now though i'll justwet my pants over a soon-to-be-had 3rd gen teggy...
*sigh*
need sum cash.......
Old 06-19-2003, 09:24 PM   #14
slowEJ6

smog in CA isnt a problem if your swap is the same year or newer as the chassis and its legal, and everything is connected exactly as it should be.......

if everythings hooked up its as easy as smogging your stock motor.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:11 PM   #15
CharlieDontSurf

So, even though the engine itself is from a different make/model car - but is the same year or better than the model year of the car one is putting it into - it is smoggable in CA?

OK, thanks.

I wondered how that worked.

My current cars are a DSM (2G GSX) and an RX-7, so I hardly ever saw much re: engine swaps for DSMs (at least the ones with the 4G63 engines) or RX-7s (unless it was a 3-rotor Cosmo engine into a 2nd Gen or a Chevy 350 V8... which is considered sacrilegious by most rotor-heads)
Old 06-19-2003, 11:22 PM   #16
CharlieDontSurf

Thanks - I like the 3rd Gens too, as well as the 2nd Gen Turbo II's. Both body styles look timeless if kept in good condition.

Most RX-7's I see tend to look really good or really f'd up, usually depending if the owner is an enthusiast or not (not to mention how well the stock paint job held up).

Good luck on getting your 'teg.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirkwo0dForest
OH 3rd Gen RX-7 is one of my many dream cars...
amazing how that lil 1.3 liter (if i'm correct) can churn so much power...
props to the rotary man...
for now though i'll justwet my pants over a soon-to-be-had 3rd gen teggy...
*sigh*
need sum cash.......